Chapter 1.

Please Stay(with me)

 

 

Heejin sighs for the nth time today, placing the box full of energy drinks from her arms down to the floor, she turns around to the customer who doesn't seem to understand "I'm sorry, maybe the employee at the cashier can help you,". Heejin eyed the customer, a grumpy old man. Great. 

"Yes, sir? How can I help you?" Heejin faked a smile towards him, only receiving a huff back.

"How many times do I have to ask you? I want a discount on the bottles of alcohol!" He exclaimed. Heejin could feel her anger boiling, of course, she knew what he wanted, however, she has no right to follow, she doesn't handle sales, she handles stockpiles. She fills up the empty shelves(Probably because no one trusts her with money).

"I'm sorry sir, but I have no ability to follow through your request. Maybe speak to the employee at the cashier, she can help you." Heejin repeated again for him, with her fake smile wider.

"You just can't do your job properly now can you?" The old man spat at Heejin, she wouldn't lie if her anger didn't just shoot through the roof. However, Heejin still has to control herself, she can't risk losing her job.

"Sir, please-"

"This is terrible customer service! I want to talk to the manager!"

"Sir, please! Don't!" Before Heejin could even speak her mind, the old man was already yelling at her and scolding bad words, causing a loud commotion and drawing attention to the other customers inside the store. Heejin was panicking, cold sweat was starting to fall from her forehead, her eyes darted everywhere, trying to find a solution. But the constant eyes from everyone in the store was adding on peer pressure for Heejin, she couldn't think properly, that old man was still yelling, when does he ever get tired? Heejin soon spotted a pair of concerned eyes staring from behind the counter, her eyes were full of worry but Heejin didn't have much time to pay attention.

"Sir, I'm sorry but please-"

"What the hell on going on here?" Heejin froze as a chill ran up her spine. It was the voice she never wanted to hear. Her boss. Heejin took in a big gulp and slowly turned around, and there he was, standing tall and stern.

"Explain all of this now," His voice wasn't loud, but sure in hell was it scary. His voice alone can send anyone in fright, and it's working for Heejin. Escapically when Heejin had a hunch that he dislikes her. Her boss wasn't bad at managing a business, in all honesty, he's good at it seeing how well the store had been doing ever since he was in charge. His downfall though was his favouritism. And as of now, the girl at the cashier right now was his favourite.

"W-Well, you see, I was busy stocking up when he-" 

"She's terrible at her job! Her customer service is terrible! Absolutely ghastly! She can't even follow a simple customers request!" Heejin couldn't help but glare at the old man. He really wants her in deep , doesn't he?

"Is that so?" Her boss leaned down and met with Heejin at eye level. His piercing eyes shooting daggers at hers. Heejin took a deep gulp again, her body was starting to shake in fear.

"N-No, i-it's just that.." Heejin couldn't find her voice, she was getting choked. Her boss's eyes were giving her too much pressure.

"Hm, I guess you aren't really needed anyways," Her boss spoke. Heejin's eyes widened in shock, her brain started to malfunction. There's no way.

"W-Wait! Let me explain! Please don't fire me!" Heejin protested, but her boss was just as stubborn as he was.

"There's no need to explain anymore Miss Jeon. You had already caused more problems than before when you arrived, I still have to finish paying back all the glass bottles and glasses you broke because you quote "Saw a bird and fell down". I'm sorry to say but you had the lowest progress out of my employees. I appreciate your efforts but I'm sorry you have to go." Her boss sighed.

By then Heejin's body had already shut down, her mind no longer in process as she simply nodded and let her body move on her own. Her expression was blank, and so was her brain as she let her legs walk to the staff room and change out of her uniform. She mindlessly gathered her things and did a bit of shopping in the store before she leaves. As she was queuing in line, the same old man came behind her, with a big smirk on his face.

"Look, I know you just lost your job but you should have expected that anyways, face it girl. It was meant to be." Heejin's mind seemed to finally be able to reboot back, however it was only filled with anger upon hearing the old man's horrid voice.

"Go get another job suitable for you, maybe a strip club or something, that might seem nice. Or maybe a cleaner," Heejin really did try her best to keep her anger in, but just this time. She couldn't let herself be a pushover for this old man. After paying and taking her items, she swiftly turned around and kicked the old man in the shin. Heejin knew she was weak, so it wouldn't hurt much. 

The old man's eyes grew wide as he quickly bends over and held his shin, screaming in pain and agony. Heejin wasn't a bad person, but she didn't feel the slightest regret as she turns and ran out the doors, hearing the old man's fading scream.

--

Heejin ran until she was safe, a very far distance from the store. Heejin finally stopped and caught her breath, she looked up to see her feet had brought her to her good friend's minibar. Heejin composed herself before heading in and towards her friend. The mini bar wasn't full but it wasn't empty either, a good amount of people for a small growing bar, she looked around and saw her friend working behind the bar counter and dragged her feet there. She lazily sat on the chair, purposefully making noise for her friend's attention. It worked as her friend quickly whipped her head around and saw Heejin in all her glory.

"Wow, didn't know you would look like today," She commented.

"Very funny Haseul," Heejin deadpanned.

"What brings you here? It's quite rare for you to come to a bar, let alone my bar," Haseul asked calmly.

"I got fired," Heejin stated simply, letting her head fall with a thud on the counter. She could hear her friend sigh.

"What did you do this time?" Haseul's voice got serious, stopping whatever she was doing and focusing her full attention to Heejin.

"It wasn't my fault! This brat of an old man just caused a scene and blamed it on me! I already told him I couldn't give him a discount as I don't have the right and ability to do so! Then he started shouting and yelling at me for no ing reason, making so much commotion and ing blamed it all on me in front of my boss!" Heejin ranted out, spilling out all her bottled anger.

"First, language, second, that man was a jerk, third, maybe you could have done something else?" Haseul spoke calmly in front of her raging friend.

"Like what miss perfect?"

"Bring him to where he can get a discount?" Haseul pointed out. Heejin went silent before banging her head back on the table.

"Well, whatever! It's done now, I'm fired." Heejin whined out.

"I'm surprised you aren't crying your eyes out right now," Haseul patted Heejin's shoulders as encouragement before grabbing a rag to dry the wine glasses she had washed but still listening to Heejin.

"I'm surprised myself, guess I was too caught in my own emotions," Heejin shrugged, "Can I get a drink?"

"No alcohol, but you get a fruit smoothie,"

"Thanks!"
.
.
.
.

Heejin dragged her entire body towards her apartment building, maybe she partied too hard, although she didn't drink she sure as hell had a fun time when all her friends suddenly came to the bar, turns out Haseul contacted the rest of her friends to came to cheer her up, she was grateful of course, but right now, she might be having second thoughts. She felt like a huge boulder was on her back and the only way to get it off is by jumping into bed. She went to through her apartment building doors and went straight for the lift. Only to find it out of order. Great. Just great. Heejin cursed under her breath, her luck just had to be so awful today. With multiple huffs she finally sighed and dragged her feet towards the stairs, ranting to herself why she must stay at the 6th floor and why the lift just had to not work today.

After Heejin got up the first level, she felt like she wanted to faint right then and there, lean back and let her body collapse. She was completely out of energy, now regretting partying so much, she should have thought ahead, but alas she didn't and now this was her problem. Heejin turned towards the second stairway and jumped for her life.

Heejin had the shock of her life, she jumped and stumbled back resulting in her landing hard on the ground due to her non-existent sense of balance. Heejin stared, no thoughts, head empty. It took a few seconds before reality hit her like a moving train at high speed. Heejin hesitantly moved closer, it was girl, but how? Many questions started running through her mind, who is she? What is she doing here? How did she even get here? Her clothes are rather torn, where did she come from?

Heejin's thoughts were cut short when the mysterious girl suddenly moved, her position felt unnatural like it would snap her back, she had her back curled in but was twisted to the side, with her head resting on her arms and her legs tucked in as well. Heejin knew that position would never be comfortable and would cause millions of problems in the future. The said girl shuffled around a bit. This was when Heejin had the second shock of her life.

When the mysterious girl shuffled around, Heejin spotted something white revealed on the top of her head, Heejin couldn't make out what it was so she inched closer, they were cat ears?! Heejin couldn't believe it, she shook her head and rubbed her eyes, this must be a dream, she even went to the point where she slightly slapped herself. Heejin took in a deep breath and calmed down, when she opened her eyes they were still there, standing proud and tall. Okay, maybe this isn't a dream. Heejin frowned, if she has cat ears, that must mean... Heejin thinks that her mind was playing tricks on her, she was letting herself get fooled so easily, she must be hallucinating since she's half asleep at this point. She let her eyes travel down the girl's body, examining her torn clothes and soon landing on where she suspected, she was right. She has a tail too.

Was she some kind of hybrid? Heejin still couldn't believe it, she couldn't believe this entire situation, Heejin decided to take a risk, she extended out her hand and poked the girl's waist, she felt it, the material, the rough fabric. Heejin looked towards the girl's face, a suddenly weird sensation erupted from the pit of her stomach as she examined her features. 

She was absolutely stunning.

Heejin had never seen such a beauty like her before, her soft features complimented every part of her face. But how could such a beauty end up in such a place like this? An old building's stairway, let alone she was half cat from what Heejin can assume. Heejin couldn't just let this girl sleep so uncomfortably on the stairway, she has to do something. Heejin brushed away all her thoughts and leaned over, carefully slipping her arms under and around her body and lifting her up with the strength she has left, careful to not wake up the sleeping beauty. And there the torture awaits her, climbing up five more levels just to reach her floor. Heejin cursed under her breath again. Stupid elevator.
.
.
.
.

Heejin honestly has no idea how she managed to climb five flights of stairs, open her door with her keys and go inside all while carrying the girl in her arm, it doesn't matter to her right now though, what mattered is the girl she was carrying right now. Heejin quickly but quietly ran towards her room to carefully set the girl down on her bed as she felt her arms turning into noodles. The girl wasn't heavy, she was just out of energy. Heejin went out and jumped face-first into the couch, thinking back on what happened this day.

"What a day, my luck just had to hate me," Heejin mumbled to herself. What a day indeed, the lift just had to be out of order, she now has a half cat half human hybrid in her house and on her bed, she partied hard somehow with no alcohol, she got fired-

"Oh my god! I got fired from my job!" Heejin quietly exclaimed, fully aware of the sleeping presence in her house. Heejin sighed, the reality of losing her job just had to set in right here right now, there goes her much needed money. Heejin isn't in the current right mind to care any less as of now, she'll worry about it tomorrow, same goes for all her other problems. Heejin sunk into the couch and let her mind and body finally get the rest it needed.

 

--------------------------------
Author's note:

Hope you guys liked it, I'm a not good writer so please bear it with me. Thanks for reading!