Chapter 8.

Please Stay(with me)

 

Hi, sorry i've never updated for so long, this year was absolute for me and i've lost all motivation, i also wanted to wait until i had the proper mindset to write again, thank you all for waiting. :)

--

Heejin fumbled with her clothing, it was her first day of work. After finally letting go of leaving Hyunjin with Yerim, Heejin set off towards the famous hotel. Heejin was average and never needed to enter that luxurious hotel, but now after she some how landed a job here, she was finally able to see the hype about it. The journey wasn't long, just taking 3 stations by train and a bit of walking would lead her to hopefully where she will finally earn money. 

As Heejin walked up to the building, she already knew what the hype was about, the building was tall, really tall, with pillars painted with gold colours, with a driveway and white marble steps leading up with a red carpet towards the front door, there stood two security guards in white that stood firmly while opening the doors for visitors, although the front door was made of thick glass, it was still see through letting Heejin see a glimpse of the insider interior, even the handle of the front door was gold. Heejin gulped nervously, she felt out of place, she felt as if she shouldn't be here, a commoner like her shouldn't even step foot on the red carpet. Heejin walked up towards the guards and stopped in front of them, they eyed Heejin suspiciously, before giving her a smile. One of them pulled out a clipboard.

"Your name, Miss?" One of them asked gently.

"Uh- Heejin, Jeon Heejin," She replied, the security guard nodded and flipped through his clipboard, a slight frown appearing on his face as he went through until the end of the clipboard.

"Sorry miss, but your name isn't here on this list so I'm sorry but you can't enter," The security guard took a step forward, in an attempt to prevent any sudden movement.

"W-Well I'm not here to stay in the hotel, I-I'm going to be working here," Heejin stuttered, suddenly afraid of the big security guard.

"Do you have an application of form miss?"

"N-No," Heejin realised that Ryujin never gave her a form or any sort, simply just telling her she got he job, she was skeptical. 

"Then miss I'm sorry but you still cannot enter,"

"I-I well-"

"Heejin? There you are!" The front doors suddenly burst open, interrupting Heejin and revealing Ryujin in a whit polo and black pants with her short hair tied back. Ryujin went towards Heejin, wrapping an arm around Heejin's neck as she faced the two security guards as they bow to Ryujin, still quite surprised.

"Don't worry guys, this beautiful miss here is with me, thank you both for doing your job though, appreciate," Ryujin held a thumbs up with her free hand towards them, the two guards smiled brightly hearing the compliment from their boss and held the door open for them. Heejin was blushing, having Ryujin called her 'beautiful miss' made her embarrassed causing blood to rush up her cheeks. 

"Let's go Heejin," Ryujin smiled warmly towards Heejin while she could only nod her head, still blushing. The two of them walked through the opened doors by the guards and Heejin was beyond shocked with it's interior.

The colour scheme of the entire place was white and gold, big white round pillars decorated by gold wavy patterns held up the other floors and the ceiling, the ceiling was tall, instead of a normal roof it was a large soft light source that dimmed the entire lobby, the lobby was packed and filled with different people but are of one similarity, money. They were rich, evident in their clothing and style, women elegant and wearing big dresses while men wore black tuxs with servants and personal guards by their sides. The children weren't rowdy, they sat quietly on the expensive white and gold furniture talking amongst themselves or on their devices. The carpet that decorated the entire floor was soft and easy to walk on, the colour was a soft red hue which surprisingly adds to the surroundings nicely, looking up was an expensive and beautiful chandelier, big and bright that shines above everyone. To the left was a big receptionist desk, with a well dressed man in the middle and 2 well dresses women on either side. This hotel was absolutely stunning, there was even a mini garden and a waterfall against the wall near the entrance. 

Ryujin softly chuckled to herself seeing how cute Heejin was being, she stood by the side, letting Heejin admire the inner beauty of the hotel, she had a really shocked expression on her face, and wide open in awe, her eyes darting to everywhere that a human can view with the eye. Heejin had never see such luxury in her life, she suddenly felt out of place again, her clothing was simple, she wore a simple pink floral dress with blue flowers decorated around while the other women in the same lobby were wearing big expensive dresses that were hand tailored with the finest of fabric and silk. Heejin was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a soft chuckle from Ryujin.

"Get used to this sight, cutie, you'll be working here from today onwards," Ryujin spoke with a wink at the end, Heejin felt herself blushing again at her smooth words, never once had she been addressed this way.

"Well, follow me now, we're heading to my office," Ryujin smiled charmingly, gesturing for Heejin to walk off first while also telling her directions. The two walked for a bit and turned right, where a hallway of  6 elevators presented itself evenly along the sides. Heejin was once again in awe, the walls were decorated beautifully, with white walls and gold patterns across it, there was always something in between the spaces of each elevator, where it be a simple tall flower pot that hold blossoming flowers or a uniquely designed trash bin for conveniences. Ryujin let Heejin into an open elevator, scanning her ID card and pressing the button of the highest level, 40. As the door closed Ryujin shot her signature charming smile to Heejin.

"So, you might be wondering why I didn't give you an application form of any sort," Heejin nodded in response, "Well, that's what we'll be covering in my office, we will go over the procedures of you're job, see which job suits you the best and your schedule, I will also be hiring a personal trainer for you as I can't always be with you when you work, all these okay with you?" Ryujin explained.

"Hm, yes they are, thank you," 

"Is no problem," Ryujin replied smiling brightly.

A few seconds later, the elevator doors open, there in front stood a small walkway and a big door guarded by two heavily armed guards, they wore blue this time. The guard nodded at their boss, reaching out for the big door handle and opened the door wide for them. Ryujin nodded and smiled at them before the two entered.

It was a typical office, but 10 times bigger, an exaggeration, it's 5 times bigger. Heejin, like before, stared in awe, mouth agape. Unlike the hotel, the office entirely black, but it doesn't mean it ain't nice. It has black 3D pattern running along the walls, but looked pleasing to the eye as they weren't obnoxious. There was a lot of open space with a big desk with 2 chairs in front and 1 behind the desk, there was a big painting of who Heejin could only guess was Ryujin and her family, there was also a really big glass window in front that covered an entire wall that nicely lit the room. Ryujin smiled and shoke her head looking at Heejin's amazed face again.

"Get use to this Heejin, soon, you'll be working in the life of luxury, now come take a seat, we'll be going though a few things," Ryujin smiled, gesturing to one of the chairs in front of the desk to sit, Heejin nodded and obliged. Ryujin then proceeded to go through with Heejin the paper work and requirements, informing her of how the work industry works, from medical leave to rest days to working hours.

"Oh, and your salary will be a hundred thousand dollars a month,"

"WHAT?!"

"Hm? Something wrong? Is it too little?"

"No! No! It's just- isn't it a little too much?" Ryujin let out a small chuckle at her at reaction.

"To be honest with you, a hundred thousand is one of the least amount of salary paid to an employee here, imagine this, you're working at a 5 star royal hotel, many high class people book a room here expecting the best and only the best of quality services, so one must work hard to satisfy petty and arrogant guests when they are in need of service, so this much of a pay is reasonable. You work in a high class place it's sort of expected," Ryujin shrugged.

"Hm, I guess that's true," Heejin hummed.

"Yep, so as I was saying....."

.
.
.
.

 

"HYUNJIN GET DOWN FROM THERE HOW THE DID YOU GET UP THERE?!"

Chaos. That was the entire situation in Heejin's apartment, Heejin got Yerim and Jiwoo to both come over and take care of Heejin, unknown to them that Hyunjin would suddenly act up today. Hyunjin was meowing loudly and moving around frantically, Hyunjin wasn't like that at first, she was calm. Jiwoo and Yerim thought Hyunjin would be able to manage herself, which she did until around 2 hours later. 

Hyunjin started to miss Heejin, a lot. She started calling out for Heejin, moving around the house every few seconds to check for Heejin presence. Hyunjin knew she left for her new job but she couldn't help it. Hyunjin meowed loudly, marching around the door and waiting for Heejin. Hyunjin desperately needed her touch again, her warmth, to be in her arms. Jiwoo and Yerim had no idea what was wrong with Hyunjin but they can confirm she wasn't in heat.

Hyunjin had a sudden idea, Hyunjin immediately went towards the unprotected window. Despite being told, Heejin still had no installed any railing for the windows to prevent Hyunjin from easily escaping. Hyunjin took a hold of the window handle with her teeth, trying to open the window, however the handle couldn't move, Hyunjin was confused, why didn't it move? Hyunjin used the human method next, opening her palm and grabbing the handle, it still didn't move. Hyunjin started to get frustrated, she started climbing and unintentionally knocking over the things around her footing causing a loud commotion. Which, Jiwoo and Yerim heard, of course.

Jiwoo and Yerim immediately ran towards the source of the noise and saw Hyunjin somehow climbing the entire window and its frame, glaring and hissing. The two yelled in shock, telling Hyunjin to come down, Hyunjin wanted to obey but decided against it, she hissed at them as well, ignoring their yells. Hyunjin started to mutter under her breath unknowingly, "Heejin....Heejin..." 

Hyunjin was surprised again, how she finally spoke something besides aeong, Hyunjin was so surprised she lost her footing and came crashing down hard onto the floor. Jiwoo and Yerim saw and immediately ran over to Hyunjin to check on her, but she was in a daze. As Hyunjin's head hit the hard floor, something flashed in her head, it was a girl, not a woman but a kid? and it seemed to be in tears. What Hyunjin saw was in black and white but a small crying child, with black hair and a sharp face. Hyunjin was confused, why a child? A crying one... Hyunjin knew what she saw but didn't understand a bit of it. 

"She's not answering,"

"You think we broke her?"

"We?? Jiwoo unnie she broke herself, she was the one who fell,"

"But we could have prevented it right??"

"Well it's a bit too late for that now isn't it?"

"Oh my god Yerim..."

"What? Ain't it true??"

"But how are we going to tell Heejin about this??"

"Uh, I don't know? Say that Hyunjin turned into a robot,"

"Yerim, Heejin's dumb but she's not that dumb,"

"But who knows right? You know Heejin can be oblivious sometimes,"

"Oh that is true....maybe that can work!"

"See? I told you!"

"It's good then! We don't have to feed her anymore!"

"Aeong!!!"

"Jiwoo unnie you just had to,"

"Uhm, oops?"

Hyunjin was finally snapped out of her daze right when Jiwoo said they didn't need to feed her anymore which she of course had to protest. Hyunjin could tell they were still semi shocked but also relieved at the same time. The two kneeled down to meet Hyunjin's level with nothing but a big smile on their face, not going to lie it kind of creeped out Hyunjin a bit.

"Hyunjin-ah~" Jiwoo cooed.

"Why the did you do that??~" Yerim smiled brightly while her eyes says otherwise.

"Yerim language! But yea why did you do that?~" Jiwoo matched Yerim's smile and her murderous eyes. Hyunjin was actually starting to get scared, the passive agressiveness was starting to creep Hyunjin out.

"Aeong..."

"Don't be shy Hyunjin, you can tell us, we won't do anything, right Yerim?"

"Yup!" Hyunjin started to back away causing the two to start moving forwards, Hyunjin started to get really afraid and her fight of flight mode activated, her brain chose flight. 

"Aeong...H-Heejin," Hyunjin let out before turning around and fleeing away, running off to Heejin's room and curling herself on her bed and soon falling asleep. 

Jiwoo and Yerim was once again left stunned at Hyunjin's sudden actions. Yerim was the first to recover after a while, shrugging and walking off.

"W-Wait Yerim where are you going?"

"To eat, you have eyes to see right?"

"I-oh my god Yerim.."

"Haha, I'm kidding unnie, want something to eat?"

"Sure! Let's play a game after since Hyunjin will probably be sleeping anyway,"

"Sure of course!"

.
.
.
.

oof it's kinda boring im sorry :( also i didn't proof read lol