Chapter 7.

Please Stay(with me)

 

--

Hyunjin slowly stirred awake, her eyes trying their best to adjust to the light around her. Hyunjin was thankful her headache was gone, her head finally felt at peace. Hyunjin looked around, she was still in Heejin's house, Hyunjin was very familiar with the interior now after exploring when Yerim looked after her for that while. Hyunjin saw to figures on the floor, a sleeping Heejin and Yerim. Hyunjin then noticed that she was laid on the couch while the two slept on the floor, guilt soon quickly consumes her as she looked at the uncomfortable position Yerim was currently in. 

Hyunjin looked out the window, it looked like an early morning with a slight breeze. What happened? How long was she out for?

Questions ran through her head as she hopped down from the couch and crawled towards Heejin who was still sleeping peacefully. When Hyunjin reached Heejin, she first nudged her arm with her head, letting out a soft whimper when Heejin was unresponsive, then she nudged at her waist, no response. Hyunjin the moved towards her head, scanning Heejin, Hyunjin stared at Heejin's face. 

Hyunjin had always been drawn to Heejin somehow, she felt like something was pulling her towards Heejin, it gave her butterflies in her stomach every time she felt that pull, her heart would quicken and she would feel somewhat hot. Hyunjin would never understand her weird body. Hyunjin continued staring at Heejin, letting herself be captivated by Heejin's beautiful features as the pull got stronger.

Hyunjin mindlessly moved forward, getting closer and closer, the pull coming from the pit of her stomach reaching out to her heart and her entire body. She kept moving until she was hovering on top of her. Hyunjin let out a sigh as she admired the art before her.

"Heejin...." 

Hyunjin's eyes widened as she jumped back quietly, not wanting to wake the two up. Hyunjin's breathing became heavy as she reached out to touch . Hyunjin spoke, she felt it, the vibration from her vocal cords. Hyunjin hummed softly, letting her vocal cords strum against . 

"Heejin." 

She did it again. This caused Hyunjin to grow ecstatic, a bright smile immediately finding its way to her face. She finally said something different. Hyunjin started to jump up and down in excitement, unaware that she was making noise, the two one the ground slowly stirred awake, rubbing their swollen eyes from yesterday's crying, Yerim was the first one up, she looked around for the source of the commotion and the saw Hyunjin, with a bright smile on her face, jumping up and down with joy. The scene melted Yerim's heart, it too brought joy over her body. 

"Woah, what's all the commotion about?" Heejin groaned as she weakling sat up on the ground, her head felt heavy as she rubbed for swollen eyes. 

"Heejin!!" Before Heejin could even react, she opened her eyes to instantly see Hyunjin tackling her to the ground, Heejin fell back on the ground due to impact and whined in pain. Heejin then felt Hyunjin nuzzle into her neck, getting comfortable on her. This caused her heart to flutter as heat quickly rushed to her face. 

"Heejin! Heejin! Heejin!!" Hyunjin chanted into Heejin's neck. Heejin smiled brightly, bringing her arms over and hugging Hyunjin. Hugging Hyunjin was one of the best things Heejin could do and felt, she felt on top of the world but also nicely rooted to the ground, she felt safe, she felt home. Hyunjin purred as Heejin patted and gave scratches. 

Yerim giggled at the event that had unfolded, seeing Heejin lovestruck with that big goofy smile on her was a sight to see, all curled up with Hyunjin on top, seeing her tail swaying happily in the air. After a while, Hyunjin finally decided to get up, slowly lifting  her weight off of Heejin so she could get up as well.

Hyunjin suddenly decided to be bold, she felt too happy to even think of her actions, Hyunjin stared at Heejin's face, eyeing that tempting patch of skin which was Heejin's cheek. Heejin noticed her intense stare and got confused, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Hyun? What are you looking at? What are you-" Before Heejin could finish her question, Hyunjin leaned forward, sticking her tongue out and giving Heejin's upper cheek a small . Heejin froze instantly, Hyunjin pulled back with a smile on her face with her small tongue still out while hearing Yerim  let out a small scream.

Heejin became a blushing mess, her mind and body had started to malfunction, she stared at Hyunjin who was now tilting her head in confusion at Heejin due to a lack of response. Heejin had completely stopped working and is frozen in place like a stone statue.

"Well," Yerim let out, walking over to the two who were unknowingly having a staring contest with each other. Yerim gently moved Hyunjin off Heejin in which Hyunjin listened and moved on her own. Yerim looked at Heejin who was still frozen in shock and beet red, Yerim sighed, she reached over and pushed Heejin's head, causing the girl to fall over and remain on the ground again.

"Look what you've done Hyun, you broke her," Yerim chuckled.

"Aeong.."

"Nah, she'll be fine in a while, hopefully,"

"Aeong?"

"Are you hungry? Let's go make breakfast!" 

"Aeong!!" 

The two excited girls happily went towards the kitchen to cook some food.

 

--

 

"So Heejin, tell us about your new job," Yerim smirked. After Heejin had recovered from her long shock, Heejin joined them for breakfast at the table. Hyunjin was initially supposed to eat her food on the ground but Yerim insisted that Hyunjin joined them at the table, so now, all of them were eating at the table, with Hyunjin kneeling on the chair.

"W-Well, I haven't started it yet," Heejin stuttered.

"But you got one right? Just tell us!"

"Alright, alright. I'm going to work at the Golden Spring Hotel and-" Before Heejin could finish, Yerim suddenly choked on her food, causing her to stand abruptly and quickly grab a glass of water.

"Aeong!!" 

"Wait! Golden Spring Hotel?!?!" Yerim exclaimed after she quickly wolfed down her glass of water and recovered. 

"I know, I was super surprised too,"

"Heejin!! This is big!! Like, really big!! You're going to be rich!!!!" Yerim exclaimed louder, jumping up and down towards Heejin and embracing her tightly.

"Yerim...! Too tight!!!" 

"When are you going to start?"

"Hm, I'm not sure, maybe tomorrow, the manager said I can come whenever I'm ready,"

"How kind of them!"

Hyunjin just watched the whole scene unfold, nothing was really going through her head at the moment, she could tell the two were happy but she didn't really understand what about it. Hyunjin watches as the two started talking loudly, it hurt her ears as she quietly jumped down the chair, making she went unnoticed to the two. Hyunjin crawled around the floor, just trying to find something to distract her from the two rowdy girls.

Hyunjin then spotted something at the corner of her eye. It was a piece of paper. Intrigued, Hyunjin went towards it and examined it, only to find out it was the same paper as before, it must have fallen out of the table and onto the floor.

Hyunjin looked at the big, bold and red words that said 'MISSING', she trailed her eyes down to the picture of herself, or, the picture of who she used to be. Hyunjin stared at the features of the picture, everything was familiar, from the hair to the eyes to even the clothes, because it was her, it was her eyes, her hair and even her clothes. She remembers the yellow blazer the picture showed, it was one from her childhood. Hyunjin closed her eyes, letting a tear fall from her eye and a wave of sadness and anger washed over her entire body, her tail had stopped swaying and it fell to the ground as her ears drooped. 

"Hyunjin?" Hyunjin snapped out of her bubble and turned around to the source of the familiar voice. Hyunjin saw Heejin in front of her, eyes full of worry and her eyebrows furrowed, Hyunjin doesn't like it when Heejin was upset or sad, she felt hurt just by seeing her hurt. Hyunjin purred loudly, hopefully letting Heejin know that she was fine. It worked as her frown was immediately replaced with a soft smile, Heejin saw the paper behind Hyunjin and quickly grabbed it, tossing it behind her for Yerim to take. 

Heejin wrapped her arms around Hyunjin and embraced lovingly and unconsciously placed a small kiss on Hyunjin forehead. Hyunjin began to heat up but didn't spoke out about it as she let herself feel the warmth of Heejin.

"Jeez, you two are so sickeningly sweet all the time it's disgusting!" Yerim complained out loud earning chuckles from Heejin.
.
.
.
.

--

"Okay, I think I know where she is," 

"This better be true this time or I'm never trusting you ever again,"

"That was one time!"

"And I'll never forget it! It ain't nice getting chased by a grumpy man and his damn dogs!"

"I know! But this time I'm confident!"

"How so?"

"I've got sources from a bright sunshine,"

"You sound crazy, I'm out,"

"No don't!! I'm serious this time! I'll buy you a new switch!"

"Deal!"

"You play games too much triangle mouth,"

"And you talk too much crunchy,"

"Take this seriously Hye, don't you want to see Hyun again?"

"Of course I do, you know I'll do anything just to see her again,"

"Then trust me on this one, my source is reliable,"

"You better be right Chae,"

The blonde smirks to herself, she has finally achieved her long goal, after multiple failed attempts she feels like she has finally made it to the top. Hyunjin's disappearance had always been fishy to her, there was no way that she could have suddenly disappeared for years. The blonde sighed to herself, it has been years since she and her girlfriend last saw her, she misses her dearly, but she could never know the excruciating pain her girlfriend must be feeling, she never had a sibling go missing for years.

The said girlfriend was in her room, she was playing her console intensely, she knew her girlfriend was right, she was addicted to playing, but it was only to help with the pain of her loss. Hyejoo sighed deeply as she switched off her console, no longer feeling the mood to play anymore. She looked over to her bedside table and saw her family picture, where a once happy family was displayed, and smiling mother and father with two beaming daughters.

Hyejoo trailed her finger over the portrait and stopping at someone who she cares dearly the most. Her sister, her sister who has suddenly gone missing for years. Hyejoo's throat went try as tears filled her eyes, she misses her. She misses her so much. No one will understand the deep hole in her heart that had been drilled in for years, ever since her sister didn't pick her up from school like how she usually was supposed to, she was so ready to scream at her sister when she finally got home that day but came to her sister's room being empty with no human life. From that day, she waited and waited, even when she grew older, she still waited.

But she never came back.

From her sister's disappearance, her life kept falling apart, her parents fought more and more, her days were darker and darker, just when she was ready to end it all, she met her, her current girlfriend, Chaewon. From there, her life got better, Chaewon started to heal her heart and bring colour to her life, even then, there was still a giant hole that only can be healed by her sister. 

Hyejoo misses everything about her sister, her touch, her voice, she even misses the times they fought but was fine with each other the next day, how their arguments never went far and how close they were with each other. Hyejoo would do anything to see her again, after all these years, that hole was still deep and open. She dreams to be embraced in her sister's arms again, just like when she was younger, when she was scared of something, Hyunjin would embrace her calmly, patting her head and reassuring her that everything was alright. 

Hyejoo started sobbing as she brought the family picture towards her chest and hugged it dearly, her legs gave out making her fall on her knees on the ground. She bawled in agony as she hugged the picture tighter. Chaewon heard the commotion and quickly came in her room to see what happened, she saw Hyejoo bawling and saw that the precious picture frame that was on her bedside table was in Hyejoo's arms brought her to tears, quickly kneeling down beside Hyejoo and embracing her gently. Hyejoo felt Chaewon's embrace, hugged her back tightly and cried harder on her shoulder. 

She misses her so much.

They miss her so much.

"Hyunjin, please come back home,"

 

____________________

Author's note:

Sorry for not updating, a lot of things has been happening and is causing me stress so I needed a break.

Also this chapt made me cry which cdwcfhewhcbewqhdbc