Chapter 11.

Please Stay(with me)

Everyone gathered in a circle in the living room, discussing their next plan of action. It was difficult to figure out the next plan, they have and found Hyunjin, now what?

"Oh! I say we bring Hyunjin and make her participate in a pet show! She'll win for sure! And we'll get to have trophies and earn bank certificates, we'll be rich and-" Before Yerim could finish, she received a hard smack to the back of the head by Jiwoo.

smack

 "Ow! What the heck Jiwoo unnie??" 

"Yerim have you gone mad?? There's no way Hyunjin would even be able to enter a pet show!"

"But Jiwoo, she qualifies! She has ears and a tail!"

"But does she have a snout?" Jiwoo continued.

"She has the senses though, we can just smooth talk the judges into letting her qualify!" 

"That is possible, maybe we can disguise her better,"

"We could!"

As Yerim and Jiwoo continued discussing on how to qualify Hyunjin, unbeknownst to them, Heejin sneaked behind them and placed her hands on both their shoulders, making them freeze in place. Yerim and Jiwoo could feel the sudden intense aura behind, they could feel the silent rage in the cold hands placed upon their shoulder. They turned around hesitantly, peering up at the silent furious Heejin.

"H-Hi Heejin...!" They both stuttered. Heejin smiled widely with murderous eyes.

"What was it again that we were supposed to be discussing?" Heejin's hand tightened their hold on Yerim and Jiwoo's shoulder.

"H-Hyunjin..." Jiwoo stuttered.

"What about Hyunjin?" Heejin replied menacingly.

"Pet show...?" Yerim chuckled nervously, "It's really not a bad idea!!"

*Smack*
*Smack*

"Ow!!"

"Ow Heejin! The hell?!"

"That's what you get you big mouthed sunshines! Come here!"

"Heejin stop!! May the power of christ compel you!! Holy !!"

"You know chae, they are more rowdier than that dog we faced," Hyejoo whispered to chaewon while observing Heejin armlock Jiwoo's neck while Yerim was trying to get her off, unsuccessfully.

Hyunjin could only sigh as she observed the events unfold before her, had fate really brought these dumb bimbos to help her? 

"You know what, I think we actually have no idea what to do," Chaewon finally spoke up. Heejin, Jiwoo and Yerim paused their fight, it took them a few seconds to process before finally letting go each other and separating. Hyunjin rolled her eyes and crawled to Heejin, getting on her lap and laid into Heejin's embrace. 

"I agree, we never really thought we would do next," Jiwoo sighed.

"I say we continue living our lives, until something presents itself before us. Until then we will continue as how we have been living. With me and Chae occasionally visiting Hyunjin, of course, now that we know where she is," Hyejoo suggested. At this point, everyone's head was empty of ideas, they knew they still had a lot to do. However, they don't have enough knowledge and information to carry on. They all agreed that Hyejoo's plan was the most reasonable for now.

---

And so their lives continued for the next few days. It was repetitive, as how life always is. Heejin was getting a bit more used to her job, knowing the general layout of the first 2 floors of the hotel rooms, it was peaceful, cleaning distracts her for awhile. Until there was a time limit, of course, it is rudimentary and expected of Heejin as a hotel room cleaner to do room cleaning. She was given strict orders of vain and wealthy guests that their hotel room is to be spotless after they return back from their trip. 

There were times where Heejin finishes on time but there were times where she almost lost track of time and was still packing her things when they had already returned, Heejin walked off awkwardly during those times, trying her best to ignore the judgemental eyes burning her back. Other than that, Heejin thinks she had been doing well, seeing the occasional smiles from Kimlip and Ryujin whenever they passed by and praised her efforts. Heejin liked her work, she felt welcomed. The staff were nice and Ryujin was even nicer. She certainly didn't mind working here for the rest of her life.

Heejin especially didn't need to worry about leaving Hyunjin at home, with either Yerim and Jiwoo and sometimes even Hyejoo and Chaewon would come by to take care of her while she worked. She felt bad though, she never got to spend nearly as much time as the others did with Hyunjin. She misses her greatly, she considers extending her off days, hopefully Ryujin would let her off.

On the other hand, Hyunjin misses her just as much, she misses snuggling close to Heejin, the only person who has the scent to calm her down. Lately, she was been bonding with everyone but Heejin. She bonded well with Hyejoo and Chaewon, getting along with them really quickly. She finds it really funny how Hyejoo will always look like 👁△👁 no matter what emotion she conveys and Hyunjin would always try to keep a straight face whenever Hyejoo stares blankly at something. Pure amusement.

Hyunjin's favorite time of the day was always when Heejin comes back from work at a specific time. Hyunjin would wait for her at the door and when it finally opens, Hyunjin would pounce herself onto Heejin, snuggling into Heejin's neck and pecking her neck softly. Heejin would then place her back down, lock the door and went of to freshen up with a really wide smile and pink tinted cheeks. Heejin would come back moments later and sit on the couch with Hyunjin following suit. They would cuddle together, enjoying each other's presence while they watch TV.

It was their new normal life, and they are perfectly happy with the way it flows.

---

But life never flows smoothly.

It was during one night of them cuddling on the couch watching TV, when the news channel appeared suddenly, interrupting their show. It took them by surprise of course, Heejin immediately rang up everyone.

"Hey! Check your TV!! Now!!"

And hang up, waiting for the news to deliver their emotions.

The news channel showed the normal typical reporter, addressing and sharing the news with great posture, tone and language.

"We interrupt your show to bring you sudden news. It is reported from the main lab in Seoul that one of their experimental subjects has escaped. Be aware that this subject has escaped for quite a long while already, the scientists in the lab experienced technical issues when trying to trace the subject without the public's acknowledgement. The details of the issues will not be addressed. Due to the unsuccessful search of the lab's search party, the scientists of the lab encourage your help in finding this subject. We will now switch over to one of the scientists in the lab for more details. Over to you."

The screen switched. It now shows a busy lab, with multiple scientists in the background shuffling around and about. In front of the screen stood a woman, with black tied up hair, wearing a lab coat, goggles and gloves with a microphone in front of her. At the bottom of the screen flashed "Jung Jinsoul, head scientist". The said girl spoke.

"The subject escaped unexpectedly despite setting up rather high security for it. We are unfortunately unable to track the subject any further, we only tracked information that she has reached Seoul. We encourage the public to help us find this subject, with an enormous reward. The subject was a human, but injected with cat DNA, the subject has given us full consent to experiment and it was successful. So much so that the subject developed the scenes, ears in replace of its human ones and a tail. Please is you see any suspicions looking person please report it to us. Any report will be useful in our search and those who succeed in helping us will be rewarded heavily. Thank you."

The camera switched back.

"Thank you head scientist. We hope you would take this seriously and help us out. Now back to your regularly scheduled program."

The news channel closed and out came back their original show.

Heejin and Hyunjin stood frozen in place, trying to process the heavy information they had just heard. Soon, Heejin's phone rang profusely. She picked it up with shaking hands.

"DID YOU ING HEARD THAT???"

 

--------------------

Hi :D I thank you for waiting for this chapter. I would also like to thank all the nice comments this book has been receiving. I really appreciate it!

Also thanks to my gf lol :ppp thanks for making me get out of bed :ppppp