Chapter 10

Please Stay(with me)

Heavy footsteps echoed the halls loudly, its pace was quick and rushed, the well dressed woman rushed through the halls, desperate in making to her boss office as soon as possible. The large office doors soon same into her view, her sharp eyes focus on the doors as she quickened her pace, pushing through the big doors in one swift motion. She was now in her boss office, she sees her boss sitting on her usual black swivel chair, reading though some paper work. Her boss looked up to her, curious of her sudden intrusion. 

"Was there not a need to knock?" Her boss answered softly.

"Cut the Ryujin, I have matters to discuss with you," She groaned, her good friend had her head in success. Ryujin smiled her signature charming smile, the look of mischief gleamed in her eyes, she laid back onto her chair and shrugged.

"What matters is so important that you do not have the time to knock Yeji? My secretary?" 

"You know what I'm going to talk about," And in fact she does, but Ryujin loves poking fun in others, especially to those she can tease easily, like Yeji for an example.

"But what if I don't know Yeji? You gonna have to enlighten me here for a bit," Ryujin smiled playfully, seeing how Yeji groaned in annoyance. Sometimes, people's reaction is just so funny for Ryujin, that's why she loves to tease others, their reactions are gold, life isn't fun without some jokes and laughter here and there.

"You and the newbie! Heejin was it?"

"What about her?"

"You didn't hire her like others, normally you would be strict on your hiring! I read her testimonial and some of them aren't really up to par with a few of the jobs we offer here, what's your deal with her? What on earth are you planning?" Ryujin raised her eyebrows, surprised Yeji would take an effort to notice her ways of management.

"She's...different," 

"But that doesn't mean you can hire people willy nilly just because they're "different" to you," 

"Look, when I first laid my eyes on her, she looked so surreal, I couldn't stop looking at her. She struck me differently, she looked desperate for a job too, I couldn't bring myself to reject her even though I know about her testimonial and her portfolio," Ryujin sighed deeply, Yeji was taken aback but nodded in understanding. 

"Ryu, do your perhaps...like her that way?"

"I don't know Yeji, I'm confused, I've only known her for a short while, I can only wait to see how it goes in the future,"

"The future is scary isn't it?" Ryujin nodded and sighed again, the future is indeed scary, no matter how successful you can be in life it could all just end instantly in the future, no one could properly predict what happens in the future, it's all based on luck. Maybe that's why some people are more scared of the future than death.

"But remember Ryu, you know full well someone is still waiting for you, I'd hate to see the two of you ending badly,"

"I know Yeji, I'll think about it," Yeji nodded, she signaled Ryujin her time was up and the two bid goodbyes, Yeji looked at Ryujin with sadness one last time, before turning her heels and walking out of the office. Ryujin sighed and got up from her chair, walking up to her big window and took in the evening view. She starts thinking to herself, was she living her life right? Ryujin looked at her reflection from the window, she saw a successful business woman, but she felt empty. Like she hasn't met her purpose in life yet.

Her empty black walls of her office was secretly suffocating her, but she couldn't show it, she was the boss, the CEO, she had to take privilege of her high position, of her high income, but is money really all in life? Sure, to some it may be so, but what was it's purpose? Pieces of paper that determines how successful your life is and yet Ryujin felt like she was poor. Ryujin should be happy, she has worked hard to be in such success, but why wasn't she satisfied?

Ryujin sighed and leaned against the window.

"I'm rich and successful, but for what? I'm still as lonely as ever."
.
.
.
.

Hyunjin had never felt so overwhelmed. She looked around, Hyejoo was staring at her, tears still in her eyes with Chaewon behind her, shocked. Everyone seems shocked too, Heejin, Yerim and Chuu. Hyunjin focused on Hyejoo, it was surreal, said girl was on her knees in front of her, but she wasn't the only one thats kneeling. There was a kid beside her, blurry but still visible. The resemblance was identical, the same piercing eyes, the sharp face shape, the triangle mouth. They looked alike, they were each other. The girl was younger Hyejoo, crying, together with the present one. Hyunjin somehow recognized the two of them, it was familiar to her, they even look like Hyunjin herself.

It took a moment for Hyunjin to realise, the more Hyejoo cried, the more memories came flooding in. She remembers hugging her tightly, covering her ears when loud sounds erupted from within the house, how she would always be there to wipe the tears off Hyejoo's cheeks. How she would always buy her ice cream afterwards. But she also remembers how the two of them would fight a lot, it seemed like it would last for days until someone finally apologised. It was difficult for Hyunjin to understand at first, it will take time, like everything else in life, but hopefully it will all go well.

"Hyejoo! Aeong!" Hyunjin shouted out happily, earning a wide smile for Hyejoo.

"You remember me? You remember me! All these years of waiting and searching has finally come to an end!" Hyejoo shouted too, going to Hyunjin and giving her a tight hug. She had missed her, she had missed her so much. Hyunjin melted into Hyejoo's arms, smelling the familiar scent and the familiar strength in Hyejoo's arms.

"But Hyunjin," Hyejoo spoke, after breaking off the long hug they had, "What happened to you? Why are you like that? Like this?" Hyejoo asked worriedly, gesturing towards Hyunjin's ears and waving tail. "Heejin do you know anything?"

Heejin shook her head lightly, "All I know is that there are people looking for Hyunjin, I can only guess that Hyunjin was a test subject from some lab, I'm worried about what they'll do to Hyunjin once they find her though," Hyejoo nodded in response, turning back to Hyunjin and cupping her cheeks.

"At least I've found you at last,"

---------------

Sorry this was a short chapter, I was supposed to write and publish this earlier but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯