Chapter 9.

Please Stay(with me)

 

"You ready chae?"

Said girl looked up from her table and turned around to her girlfriend, today was finally the day they decided to go out for their search, Chaewon was confident this time, her sources were tied together well for once. Chaewon saw her girlfriend, wearing her usual choice of clothing, emo, most of her clothes are black so see her girlfriend wearing black jeans and a dark grey hoodie was no surprise. Chaewon never mattered what her girlfriend wore, she never wore revealing clothing anyway so she said no worry, what did worry her though was the many facial expressions that varied on her. Chaewon saw worry and uneasiness, she could tell she was uncertain as knowing through past experience, most of them never turn out well.

"Yeah, I'm ready, but you don't seem so, what's wrong?" Chaewon asked calmly, knowing Hyejoo worries a lot about this whole ordeal.

"I'm just-" Hyejoo sighed, "Are you really sure about this Chae? What if it's not..." Hyejoo trails off, not wanted to think of the many possibilities it wouldn't end well. Chaewon smiled softly and held her girlfriend's hand, Hyejoo was the pessimistic kind but she was confident this time with her works.

"Hyejoo, do you trust me?"

"Yeah I do, of course I do.."

"Then believe me when I say that this one will work, I sure,"

"Well if you say so,"

"I'll buy you a new console after this,"

"Deal!" What are you waiting for?! Hurry and let's get going!!!"

Chaewon sighed and smiled at her girlfriend who was already gathering up her things and was ready to leave as soon as possible. Nothing convinced her more than games and food, but Chaewon couldn't complain, that's how Hyejoo is and Chaewon loved her.

"Chae!! Let's go already!! Get your here!"

"Can you chill the down for a sec?!"

"With knowing I get a new console after this?! no!! So hurry the up!!"

"Jesus christ you're an sometimes,"

"And so are you but I ain't complaining now am I?"

"Point taken,"

"HURRY UP!"

"ING CHILL I'M COMING!"

"Oh yeah you're coming alright," Hyejoo smirked but it soon changed to shock when she saw a shoe flying her way and was lucky enough to move in time to avoid the massive and painful hit.

"ERT! STOP IT BEFORE I THROW ANOTHER SHOE AT YOU!" Chaewon threatened, face beet red. 

"OK I WON'T ANYMORE LET'S GO," Hyejoo yelled and dashed out of the apartment.

"er..."

----

"Hey! Heejin!" 

Heejin was greeted cheerfully by Ryujin as soon as she entered her office after her long first day, she came back to inform her that her working hours have ended but guessed that Ryujin would talk to her first.

"Come sit down and rest for a while, tell how your first day went," Ryujin smiled brightly at Heejin, Heejin nodded and sat down in front of Ryujin. Heejin had an interesting first day of work, she didn't know if she quite fitted in the working system here, but it was only her first day so she hopes she'll get use to it as soon as she can.

"Today was....interesting," 

"Well tell me about it, we care about our employees well-being here," 

Heejin smiled, if anything Heejin was happy that she knew she would be cared for. Heejin started to explain everything, from top to finish.

At the end of Ryujin discussing the work policy, Ryujin then introduced Heejin to her lead manager, Kim Jungeun or Kimlip, she was a very high and neat woman, standing high and tall with good posture. Heejin was intimidated, Heejin felt like she would be the type to burst into a fit of rage and throw a tantrum. Heejin made sure to think of her words before she spoke them to her. Jungeun then led her to various jobs in the hotel, from cooking to cleaning to being a waitress. It was then determined that Heejin shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen, Heejin was in awe of the rush, multiple chefs, waitress and waitresses were moving quickly around the kitchen, trying to get as much things done as soon as possible, she could see chefs cooking franticly letting the fire from the stoves burn brightly, waitress and waitresses rushing in and out of the kitchen, grabbing various dishes and heading off to serve. Heejin was however, was slow. She didn't pay attention to her surroundings and got caught into the rush, someone hit her on the shoulder by accident, causing her to be shoved back, she crashed onto a table counter and her arm knocked a pot, causing the few other pots and plates behind it to be knocked as well until a plate at the end was knocked off the counter and onto the floor, shattering into pieces. 

The entire kitchen stopped upon hearing the loud crash, it turned dead silent, Heejin could feel sharp eyes piercing to her body, Jungeun could only shake her head in disapproval and taking Heejin out of the kitchen, signaling everyone to continue working. Being a waitress was next, but before doing the actual job, Jungeun got Heejin to carry a plastic plate with objects that weight around the same estimation as food instead of actual food and got Heejin to walk around and sometimes run while carrying it with one hand. Heejin didn't get that job. Heejin again wasn't paying attention but has instead started admiring the architecture, causing Heejin to forget that she was holding something in her hand and accidentally made it topple off her hand and onto the floor.

"You need to stop daydreaming, to work you must be sharp, you must be alert and have initiative, only then can you work well," Heejin remembers Jungeun tell her, Heejin couldn't help daydreaming, she couldn't multitask for the life of her.

After a while of going through various jobs and Heejin having almost dropping everything she held, Jungeun then decided for Heejin to clean rooms and Heejin liked it, she could daydream all she wants, sure it can be a bit disguesting but at least Heejin had something to and it was peaceful, Heejin had no need to rush and could take her time in cleaning different rooms and just admire everything in sight, and if she wants she can even secretly lie down on the beds to take a break, Heejin checked, there were no cameras to see her ever slacking. Once Heejin was done with a room she would start to wonder around, searching for other rooms to clean. Jungeun had left her to clean and soon came back to check on her progress, and safe to say she was impressed. However it was only temporary, until Heejin is able to find a better job that suits her in the hotel she will be cleaning rooms.

Heejin explained all of this to Ryujin, who was sat down listening attentively, all her attention was on Heejin, observing her pretty face and listening to her story. Heejin could tell she was listening more than talking from the various facial expressions Ryujin would display to her during certain parts, Heejin was happy that Ryujin listens, not a lot of people are able to do that.

"Well you had an interesting first day alright, but no worries if you feel like you don't fit in, it's your first day at least, the more you work the more things will settle itself for you," Ryujin smiled widely, "Oh, and when do you have to pay for your bills?"

"In a few days," 

"Alright then, I'll give you the money to pay for them,"

"Wait what?!"

"No need to be shocked, take this as a thank you and a welcome,"

"A thank you?"

"I was in real need of employees, so thank you for you're decision to work here,"

"I really didn't have a choice...."

"Yea you didn't," Ryujin chuckled, "Don't worry I do this to all my employees on their first day, it's so they look forward to coming to work, which I'm guessing you have already ended," Heejin nodded.

"Well take care them, bye Heejin,"

The two bid their goodbyes and Heejin headed off home, it was on the way home when she suddenly remembered Hyunjin, Heejin immediately took off and ran home, worried about her lovely cat. Heejin arrived home as quickly as she could, humbling with her keys in a rush and swung the door open, instead of expecting Hyunjin meowing her welcome back, she was met with Jiwoo and Yerim on her couch happily watching TV.

"Oh Heejin! Hi!! How was your first day of work?" Yerim greeted when Heejin closed and locked her door,  Jiwoo got up and turned the TV and went towards Heejin who plopped herself onto the dinning chair from exhaustion with Yerim following suit.

"Work was interesting I guess, where's Hyunjin?" Heejin asked, missing the presence of her. 

"She's currently sleeping on her bed right now, she was really hyper when you were away, it must have tired her out," Yerim answered. "Now, tell us about your first day!"

Heejin smiled lightly, seeing Yerim and Jiwoo joining her sitting at the dinning table, Heejin proceeded to tell her story to the 2 pairs of listening ears, in the middle of her story however...

"Yea, and so I moved over towards the-"

The doorbell rang, interrupting Heejin. The 3 turned their heads and stared at the door while the familiar melody rang through their ears, Jiwoo then pushed Heejin, urging her to open the door.

"What?! Why me?" Heejin yelled to Jiwoo silently, earning only a grin in return.

"Your house, your door, your doorbell, you answer," Jiwoo cheered. Heejin sighed and silently agreed, getting off her chair and dragging her feet towards her door, she arranged her attire and hair to look at least presentable, breathing in a deep breath, she grabbed the doorknob, turned it and opened the door. 

There stood 2 figures, one taller than the other and one with more brighter hair than the other, Heejin took a moment to examine, her brain trying to process the 2 in front of her. Who are they? Why her house and does she know them? Many questions ran through her mind as she finally spoke after a minute of silence.

"Hello, who are you?"

"Hi," The shorter responded, "Is Yerim here?"

"She is, but this isn't her house,"

"She told us to come here, we're here to find someone,"

"Who are you-"

"Chae!!" Yerim yelled from behind, Yerim had gotten curious and quietly went to see who was at the door, to her surprise it was her dear friend Chaewon and her girlfriend Hyejoo.

"Yerim,"  Chaewon smiled upon seeing her.

"You two know each other? Yerim why did you tell them to come here?" Heejin asked frantically. During this time Jiwoo had peeked her head around too, curious of the sudden commotion. 

"Let them in Heejin, they'll tell you soon, come in guys!" Yerim pushed Heejin slightly away from the door, giving space for the 2 to enter. Heejin was still in shock, once the 2 entered Heejin turned to Yerim.

"What the Yerim?!"

"Look, they are here for something that you'll know later,"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't let them enter,"

"How would you know?"

"Because I do!"

"No you don't"

"Yes I do!"

"No you-"

"Can yall stop fighting? You 2 look like you want to kiss each other," Jiwoo shouted, interrupting the 2.

"Jiwoo!" Heejin shouted, embarrassed.

"You have guest Heejin, go get them water," Jiwoo replied plainly. Heejin huffed and stormed towards the kitchen to grab drinks.

"Chae! It's been a while," Yerim gleamed.

"Yeah it has," 

"Anyway, guys this is Jiwoo, Jiwoo this is chaewon and Hyejoo," Yerim introduced.

Jiwoo greeted the two with them following suit, Heejin soon came back with glasses of water for everyone and all of them sat in a circle in her living room.

"Let's just get straight to the point, what are you guys here for?" Heejin started.

"We're here to find my missing sister," Hyejoo replied and pulled out a poster to show to Heejin, "Do you know or have you seen her?" 

Heejin froze in shock, the poster was the exact same missing poster Heejin had found, everything was the same, Heejin looked at the bottom of the page and there it was, the signature of the 2, indicating they did make it. Hyejoo noticed the lack of response from Heejin and decided to continue.

"That girl in the poster is my sister, who has been missing for years, there was no trace of her disappearance and I miss her terribly. All I want is to see find and see her again, and make sure she's doing ok," Hyejoo explained, letting her voice almost choked as her thought of her sister. Heejin looked towards Jiwoo and Yerim, earning pity looks and nods of approval.

"Well, then I have something to tell you, there were some major changes that has happened over the past...years she has been missing," Heejin chuckled nervously.

"Changes? You know where my sister is?!" 

"Yes, but she isn't what she looks like before,"

"What? What do you mean changes-" Hyejoo was interrupted by a door swinging open, followed by shuffling, everyone turned their heads in the direction of the sudden noise. There from around the corner, appeared Hyunjin, walking like normal on all fours, tail up and swinging, entering the living room with where everyone is. Hyunjin saw everyone and froze, and so did everyone else. The atmosphere was thick and heavy as silence was the only thing present in the room and air as their brain processed the sight before them.

"H-Hyunjin.....?" Hyejoo finally spoke, tears starting to build up in her eyes.

"A-Aeong..?"

"Hyunjin...it's me Hyejoo, remember me?"

"....."

Hyejoo moved closer to Hyunjin, tears streaming down at the unexpected sight of Hyunjin.

"I missed you so much,"

"....."

"Hyunjin, please, remember me, what happened to you?" Hyejoo was desperate, she was kneeling in front of Hyunjin and crying, Hyunjin stared at her, she had no expression on her face, staring blankly at the crying girl in front of her. Crying girl....

"Hyunjin, please remember me," Hyejoo burst harder into tears, seeing her sister, her sister she had lost years ago, who she had missed dearly, was unresponsive to her. It hurt, it stung into her heart, this wasn't the way she expected to meet her sister after so long.

"Hyunjin, I'm so sorry,"

"...."

"I'm so sorry of the way I treated you back then, I should have appreciated you long before and not when you suddenly went missing, you're my sister, you're finally here in front of me, yet you're not,"

"....."

"Hyunjin please at least say something!!"

"....."

"Hyunjin....this is hopeless, I'm so sorry," Hyejoo sighed and got up, she turned around and walked away towards her girlfriend who had her arms open for her. 

"Hyejoo I'm so sorry,"

"It's fine chae, I never expected anything more, I'm just glad I get to see her again, even though she feels like a stranger now,"

"Hye..."

"I'm fine chae.." Hyejoo's voice cracked as she sobbed into Chaewon's shoulder, feeling her arms wrapped around her tightly as she patted Hyejoo's head as comforted.

"Hye...."

"I said I'm fine chae,"

"That wasn't me,"

"Wait what?" Hyejoo immediately stopped hugging Chaewon and turned around, she saw Hyunjin staring at her again, with now open.

"H-Hyunjin?"

"Hyejoo....."

 

 

----------------

boring? lol sorry for the long wait