Chapter 3.

Please Stay(with me)

 

 

Ring~! Ring~! 

"Hello?"

"Jiwoo! Please come quick! How do you take care of a cat?! Or a human-like cat?! Hyunjin no! Please get off the counter! Help me! Come to my house now!"

"The hell?!-"

[Call ended]

"Hyunjin get off the counter! Don't knock that over!" Heejin exclaimed towards Hyunjin.

"Aeong!" She let out, sniffing the countertop.

"Hyunjin look! Snuggle!" Heejin spoke in a desperate attempt for Hyunjin to not knock anything over and make a huge mess again, it worked as Hyunjin finally looked up to Heejin, jumped off the counter and pounced towards Heejin. Since she has a human body and weight, Heejin lost her balance and fell hard on the cold floor, Hyunjin wasn't bothered by her fall as she hugged Heejin and snuggled into her neck.

"You're adorable," Heejin whispered, "Now how the do I get up now?"

Heejin sighed, but just like before, she isn't complaining. It felt nice. The feeling of hugging someone close, she feels content, she feels lightened, like all her problems are gone, on hold. With Hyunjin snuggling her so nicely, she could honestly do this forever.

Heejin instinctively lifted up her hand and scratched the back and in between Hyunjin's ears, making her purr softly in response. Adorable. She really could do this forever.

She felt complete.

--

After laying on the floor and snuggling with Hyunjin for a while, Heejin heard the knock on the door, indicating that must be Jiwoo. Heejin wanted to get up but Hyunjin doesn't seem to want to move a muscle.

"Heejin?" The call was rather muffled, Heejin nudged Hyunjin a bit, earning a groan and tightening the hug.

"Jiwoo! I can't come to the door right now! I'm kinda occupied. Use your taekwondo or something!" 

"I can't do that! You won't have enough money to fix the door afterwards!"

"Ouch, damn man you didn't have to go that hard," Heejin mumbled to herself, Heejin then heard a snicker from the one on top of her.

"Yah! Hyunjin! Don't join in on this! I need you to get off!" Heejin pleaded, not wanting to be teased any further, Heejin grabbed Hyunjin's waist and tries to lift her off. But to no avail.

"Aeong!"

"Did I just hear someone meow?!" The voice from the door yelled, "Heejin do you have any spare keys under your mat or somewhere outside? You watch too many movies to do the same thing,"

"Don't assume that about me! I'm offended!"

"Well? Do you?"

"........fine, it's under the plant pot outside,"

"I knew it,"

"Just shut up and come in!"

Soon, Heejin heard her spare keys rattle from behind the door, a few seconds later the door bursts open.

"Alright what do you need- oh my god! What is that?!" Jiwoo exclaimed loudly. Heejin knew this position wasn't the best but it couldn't be helped, someone was just too stubborn to get off.

"Look, I can explain!"

"You look like you're enjoying yourself," 

"Jiwoo stop it,"

"Wait does she have ears and a tail?!"

"Yea...." Hyunjin heard all the noise and looked up to see Jiwoo.

"Aeong!!" Hyunjin cried out, she jumped off of Heejin and ran towards the same corner in the living room.

"Great, you scared her," Heejin spoke, finally able to get off the floor, she felt her bones cracking from staying in the same position for so long.

"Alright explain!" Jiwoo crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows towards Heejin, waiting for an explanation, Heejin laughed nervously as she took in a deep breath.

"So after that party we had at the bar, my apartment's lift wasn't working so I took the stairs, found her and took her in, she's a runaway test subject," Heejin explained briefly.

"You must be lucky then, how you'd get her to be that close to you already?" Jiwoo asked, slowly walking over to Hyunjin, Hyunjin was curled into a ball like before.

"I feed her bread and water," Heejin replied, following Jiwoo.

"That's one way," Jiwoo spoke, Jiwoo sat down on the floor, making sure to stay a few feet away from her, she waited. Jiwoo waited until Hyunjin peeked out, waiting until Hyunjin calmed down from fright. When Hyunjin peeked at her, she finally spoke, her tone was quiet and calming.

"Hey there, I'm Jiwoo, you don't need to be scared of me, I mean no harm, I'm a good friend of Heejin, your owner," Jiwoo introduced herself. Hyunjin sensed the calmness in her voice, there was no danger present in her tone, Jiwoo quietly patted her lap with arms out, waiting for Hyunjin to approach her, Jiwoo didn't force Hyunjin to come to her, she sat patiently, waiting for her to come herself.

It took a while but Hyunjin was finally able to calm down and get used to Jiwoo's presence, she uncurled herself and slowly approached Jiwoo, Jiwoo took this opportunity to lift her hand and show her fingers to Hyunjin, Hyunjin started to sniff Jiwoo's fingers. Hyunjin liked her scent. Hyunjin approached and laid in Jiwoo's lap, Jiwoo had successfully tamed the scared Hyunjin, her hair is satisfaction.

Heejin, who watched the whole ordeal, had her jaw dropped to the floor.

"How did you do that?!" Heejin exclaimed, earning a small chuckle from Jiwoo.

"Heejin, all it takes is patience and calmness, you have to let a cat calm down on its own and wait for it to get used to your presence, don't force it to come to you immediately," Jiwoo scratched the back of Hyunjin's ear, earning a small purr.

"Name?"

"Hyunjin, what do I do with her now?" Heejin sighed, dropping into the couch.

"You said she was a test subject escapee, so she must have been a human first, maybe try and make her think and act human again," Jiwoo suggested.

"That a great idea! But how do I start?"

"Well, I suggest for now you make her really comfortable around you, make sure she seeks comfort and security from you. Then, show her small things humans do," Jiwoo replied.

"She thinks her hands are still paws, so we'll start with that first. I still have to get a job," Heejin sighed.

"Maybe Haseul unnie can help with that, she knows a lot of people," Jiwoo commented.

"True. You'll help me through this, right?" Heejin asked desperately.

"Hm, only in helping her learn new things, I'm can't take care of her so, you have to do that yourself, you must bond with her, you're her owner now," Jiwoo replied.

"Thank you!" 

"......"

"......."

"So uh, you're gonna have to bathe her soon,"

"What?!"
.
.
.
.

"Bye Heejin! Good luck!" Jiwoo yelled as she walked out of Heejin's door, leaving her alone. After Jiwoo spent an hour trying to calm Heejin down at the thought of needing to bathe Hyunjin, she needed to leave soon after. Heejin sighed again and jumped into the couch, feeling the comfy cushion relaxing her tense muscles. 

"Aeong," Hyunjin went towards Heejin, jumping on the couch and snuggles into Heejin.

"You really love snuggles huh?" Heejin chuckled lightly. Heejin stared at Hyunjin, she was wearing Heejin's clothes, a grey shirt and sweatpants. Those torn clothes she had gave no more warmness or comfort so Heejin had to get rid of them. Though getting them off of Hyunjin was rather a big hassle, Hyunjin just didn't want to stay still, already an active cat. Heejin smiled at the memory, she ended up having to bribe Hyunjin more bread to finally get her to listen.

Speaking of that, Heejin soon needed to do grocery shopping, she was lacking in food and resources, it was also almost the end of the month, meaning she has to pay rent when it comes, also meaning she has to get a job soon, real soon. Heejin groaned at the thought of needing to get a job, the extremely difficult hassle she needs to do to get approval for an interview and the interview itself. Heejin didn't like them, at all. Heejin was thankful Jiwoo said Haseul could help her. 

Then a thought struck her.

If Heejin does manage to get a job, it means she can't be home 24/7, which means, who's going to take care of Hyunjin? Jiwoo already says she couldn't, Heejin also doesn't like the idea of someone else taking care of Hyunjin, she doesn't want their bond to stronger than her and Hyunjin's bond right now, Heejin doesn't want to admit it so soon but seeing how quickly Jiwoo was able to make Hyunjin trust her did make Heejin slightly jealous. 

It was then Heejin vowed to strengthen their bond and make it unbreakable, to take care of Hyunjin and make sure she would be the one who Hyunjin looks for, for comfort and security. Hyunjin, was hers, and hers only.

Heejin moved the hair out of Hyunjin's face and placed a light kiss on her forehead, earning a big smile and a purr. Hyunjin seems to like affection, and Heejin will make sure she's the one who gives it to her.

"You're going to be mine, Hyunjin. When I make you think human again, you belong to me," Heejin whispered, running a hand through Hyunjin's locks. Although they had just met, Heejin already feels a strange attachment to Hyunjin, her heart will pound rapidly with a burning sensation at the pit of her stomach, Heejin knew that these feelings were, she watched too many movies, anime and from experiences, but she had never felt them so strong before. Heejin admits, she had small crushes before, mainly lasting only a few days or weeks, that nervous feelings around your crush lasted quickly for Heejin, but with Hyunjin, they were strong, it hit hard towards Heejin like someone threw a huge rock at her face. With Hyunjin snuggling so close to her, the sensations were stronger than ever. She can't wait to tame her as her own.

Maybe Heejin can start a bit of it now.

"Hyunjin..," Heejin called out softly, Hyunjin got up from her laying position to look at Heejin, Heejin almost melted by how soft Hyunjin's gaze on her was. Heejin shook those thoughts away and showed Hyunjin her closed hand.

"Copy me," Heejin spoke, Hyunjin tilted her head in confusion but obliged anyway, lifting up her naturally closed fits the same as Heejin. Heejin took a deep breath as she slowly opened her index finger, Hyunjin displayed a look of shock and confusion, looking at what she thinks is her 'paw'. Heejin repeated her action again. Closing her index finger and slowly open it again. Hyunjin stared at her 'paw', her head starting to pound, it started to hurt a little. Suddenly, her index had successfully opened. Hyunjin let out a shriek, completely horrified. Heejin grabbed her arm to prevent her from leaving, she rubbed her arm up and down in an attempt to calm her down. 

"Shh, it's fine Hyunjin, it would all make sense soon," Heejin spoke calmly, applying what she saw with Jiwoo to Hyunjin, Hyunjin calm down a bit and moved closer to Heejin, who didn't complain knowing her heart started pounding. Now Hyunjin had her index finger out, so much for the view of her 'paw'.

"Now, let's try the rest of them," Heejin whispered but loud enough for her to hear. Heejin then slowly extended out her middle finger and so on, Hyunjin followed slowly, her head hurting each time she had successfully opened a finger. It took about half an hour for Hyunjin to successfully open all her fingers, Hyunjin stared at her 'paw', her hand was big. Heejin saw that Hyunjin was putting pressure on her fingers, making them look very stiff. Heejin softly grabbed her wrist and place her open hand beside Hyunjin's, Heejin then showed Hyunjin she can open and close her palm, Heejin saw a spark in Hyunjin's eyes as she managed to open and close her palm too.

Heejin showed her the exact same to her other hand, slowly, with Hyunjin following suit, Heejin smiled at the shocked yet curious face Hyunjin would make, she was always adorable.

"Hyunjin, these are called hands, they are very useful unless you have klutz hands like me," Heejin whispered quietly to herself the last part. "I think that's all I'm going to teach you today,"

Heejin has to take it slow for Hyunjin, everything is different for her than Heejin, she has to have patience if she wants Hyunjin to successfully think and act human again. 

Hyunjin started to frown, her head was hurting badly, there was also a slight ringing in her ear, Heejin caught her deep expression and was immediately worried. She grabbed Hyunjin's head and softly placed it to her chest, Hyunjin didn't protest and laid on Heejin, she inhaled Heejin's scent, in all honesty, she prefered Heejin's scent over Jiwoo's. Jiwoo had a playful a not dangerous scent, while Heejin's scent made her calm and gave her security. Hyunjin really likes that. She could feel her headache subsiding. Hearing Heejin's calm heartbeat.

Soon, Hyunjin fell asleep in Heejin's arms. Both girls feeling content.

 

-----------------------------------------
Author's note:

Why do I feel like this chapter was rather boring? Thanks for reading!