The Talk

What Happened in the Art Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hour had passed and the girls stayed in silence. They're both staring at the ceiling before Yongsun started crying. Byul actually didn't know what to do in that situation, she just patted Yongsun's back. She couldn't help but paid attention to Yongsun's face as she cried, she thought the brown haired girl looked like a sad rabbit with chubby cheeks.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on?" Byul curious, what could possibly made Yongsun cried like that.

"My parents will kill me if I don't go home."

"Text them then, say that you're busy studying and forgot the time, then you decided to have a sleepover at your friend's house."

"Huh, that's a good excuse. It's easy for you to lie, isn't it?"

"Not really. But sometimes, yes." Byul answered while smiling. Her face made a cute expression and Yongsun thought she looked like a cute hamster

She texted her parents then after her parents replied back, she gave a sigh of relief.

 

Kim Yongsun is the kind of person who loves to keep herself busy. Being locked in the same place for hours, bored her to death. She decided to start a conversation with the other girl,

"Since we're trapped here, why don't we talk about each other? Can you tell me something about yourself?"

"What do you want to know?" Byul glanced at the girl on her left then turned her head and staring at the window.

Talking about her personal life was the last thing she wanted to do. But there's something about the girl next to her that made her felt different.

"I don't know, anything. Just tell me something." Yongsun looked at the other girl with her big puppy eyes.

Byul couldn't resist the pretty girl with mochi cheeks, why you had to be so cute, Yong?

"Well, I'm an only child. I live with my father. I have a corgi named Daebakie, he's a gift from my aunt. That's it. There's nothing interesting going on in my life."

She suddenly regretted opening . She never shared anything about her life to anyone before.

"What about your mom?" Yongsun sensed sadness coming from her companion.

"She died while giving birth to me."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. You didn't know."

"You should also text your father, he's probably worried about you right now.

"It's fine. He's not like that." Byul turned her body around, she didn't want the other girl to look at her fragile self.

 

Yongsun noticed the blonde girl was upset about something, to make Byul feel better, she opened up about herself. She poked Byul's shoulder while moving her head towards Byul's left ear and whispered,

"Byul-ah, can I tell you something?" 

"Sure, Yong." Byul didn't move an inch and Yongsun poked her again, "Turn around."

After the blonde girl turned around, Yongsun raised her pinky,

"Okay. Hmm... Promise me you won't tell anyone." and Byul accepted it. "I promise."

"If you think I'm perfect, you should see my older sister. She's the real deal. She got the brain and the beauty. She's a goddess."

"You have them too. The beauty and the brain."

Shaking her head and with a sad smile Yongsun said, "I'm not that smart. I will never be like her."

Yongsun continued, "My parents are really strict. They want their daughters to be the best in everything. And they have money."

"What do you mean by that?" Byul said. She really didn't understand.

"They paid a huge amount of admission fee for me to get in to this school. They've been donating money to the school's fund just to keep me on the top of the student rank."

Byul couldn't contain her anger that moment, she's mad at the fact that the star student cheated her way up.

"No, that's bull! Do you know how hard it was for me to get in to this school? To survive everyday? No wonder it's hard for me to compete with other students! They all cheaters!" 

"I know." Yongsun felt ashamed as she looked down.

Byul didn't say anything and just looked around, unable to look at the person next to her.

"I'm sorry, Byul-ah." Yongsun started sobbing and she rubbed her eyes with the back of her right hand.

"Why are you apologizing to me?"

"I know that you skipped one grade because you're really smart and you got a full time scholarship for 3 years. You deserve so much more."

Didn't know what to say and wondering how in the world Yongsun knew all of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter