The First

What Happened in the Art Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul got into the car with her pet corgi, Daebakie. She finally finished moving all of her stuff to her aunt's apartment and the only one left was her dog. Her aunt picked her up after school and they drove back to her old house to get him. Her father was there, pissed like always. But he's scared of his wife's younger sister. Byul's aunt brought him the legal papers. He needed to sign them to make his sister-in-law as the legal caregiver of his 18 years old daughter and he should disappear from their lives for good. He's not happy with this family after all, so everybody won.

"What do you want to eat for dinner, Byulyi?" Her aunt asked while driving them home.

"Hmm... Kimchi fried rice?" Byul said as she's petting her dog on her lap.

"Ya! What is with you and that food? You should choose something else! We should eat something fancy to celebrate, think big, come on!" 

"Hmm... Pizza? Or Seasoned fried chicken?" Byul said innocently.

Sighing, her aunt replied, "Pizza it is then."

 

It was Thursday after school and Byul rushed to the front gate, she was told to wait there by the older girl. She was waiting patiently and 5 minutes later, she felt someone hugging her right hand. It's the brown haired girl.

"Let's go, Byul-ah!" She smiled and sounded so cheerful and happy.

Byul couldn't help but falling in love with her all over again and promise herself that she would kept that smile on the older girl's face. They walked to the bus stop near the school and got on the bus. They sitting next to each other and the blonde girl noticed her crush was awfully quite. 

"Yong, you okay?" The blonde girl asked the older girl.

"Yes... Just nervous. We're getting closer and closer to my house and it scares me. My parents are scary. Especially my father." Yongsun was holding the hem of her skirt really tight. 

Seeing that, Byul placed her right hand on top of the other girl's left hand and squeezed it.

"It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay." She smiled.

They soon arrived at the bus station close to the Kim's residence and they walking holding hands. When they reached the front house door, Yongsun turned around,

"Maybe this is a bad idea, Byul-ah. I can't do this." The older girl wanted to leave.

"Yong. I'm here, let's do this together, okay? You helped me last time, now it's my turn to return the favor. Take a deep breath, stay calm. We got this." Byul holding the brown haired girl's shoulders

"Let's go." 

Yongsun opened the door and they went to the living room, Mrs. Kim was there, she was reading a book and drinking tea.

"Mother." Yongsun called her.

"Oh, Yongsun-ah, you're home. Who is this?" Mrs. Kim glanced at the girls from behind the book.

"This is Moon Byulyi. She's my friend. Is... Is father home? I want to talk... To both of you." The older girl stuttered.

"He's in his office, what are you going to talk about?" Her mother closed the book and stood up.

"Umm... I want to... Uh... I want to... I want to talk about my study and my plan, mother. And... I... I want Byulyi to be my tutor. "

"Hmm... I see. Let's go meet your father."

Mrs. Kim and the girls walked to Mr. Kim's office room. Yongsun's father was a wealthy business man, he worked as an executive director in a food company and he didn't tolerate any failure from his employees and family. He wanted a son, but the Kim's family was blessed with two beautiful daughters. This made him more strict and despise them. Mrs. Kim knocked on the door and went inside, followed by the two teenagers. Mr. Kim was sitting behind the desk as he was busy with his work.

"Honey, Yongsun wants to talk to us about her study." Mrs. Kim went closer to the desk.

Her husband looked up and leaned back on his chair, sighing.

"What is it, Yongsun? I already took care everything, you just need to attend school everyday, no skipping class and you'll gradute in the top rank with high score!." He spoke with flat tone.

"That's the thing, father. I... I don't want you to do that. Hmm... I want to try to graduate on my own. I've been studying really hard, but I don't know if I did great or not because the grades have already been decided. And I know... I know I'm not smart, that's why I want to quit the art club and asked my friend to help by tutoring me on the weekends." Yongsun didn't dare to look at her father in the eyes. Byul was just standing there, she's still processing what was happening in front of her.

Mr. Kim didn't say anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter