The Longing

What Happened in the Art Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun felt the sun on her face as she opened her eyes, she realized she was sleeping on floor and her pillow was Byul's thigh. She got up and brushed off the dust on her uniform. Thank god it's Saturday! There's no class today, only some club activities, and one of them was the art club. Yongsun yawned and stretched her body, sleeping on the floor made her body sore.

"Byul-ah, Byul-ah, wake up." She tried waking up the sleeping girl by shaking her body.

"Hhmm... 5 more minutes." Byul mumbled.

Yongsun gently took Byul's hair that covered her face and tucked them behind her ear.

"Byul-ah... Wake up..." Yongsun whispered in Byul's ear, it sent a shiver down to the blonde girl's spine and she woke up.

"Ah! Yong! You're surprised me!" Byul holding her chest. "What time is it?" She asked.

"7.45 am. Now I can ask Wheein and Hyejin for help." Yongsun took out her phone and started texting her friends.

"Why didn't you ask them yesterday?" Byul's rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Ah! You're right! I forgot!" Yongsun hit her forehead with her right hand while laughing, "Silly me!" 

Byul placed one hand on the wall as she got up, "Yeba." she said.

"What?" Yongsun asked. "I said Yeba. As in Yeppeun Babo (pretty fool)." Now there were tears in the blonde girl's eyes as she laughing so hard.

"Yaaaaaa! I'm not a yeba!" Yongsun stomping her feet like a child. 

She's entertained by the view in front of her, Byul took the key from her pocket and showed it to Yongsun.

"Don't tell your friends to come, I found this last night." 

"I already texted them. Why you didn't tell me? We could leave last night!" Yongsun yelled.

"You were sleeping like a baby! I couldn't wake you up! And you said don't go..." the last part was a whisper.

"Huh? What did I say?." Yongsun curious.

"YOU. SAID. DON'T. GO." Byul raised her voice and suddenly looked away, "So I stayed."

Yongsun blushed and unable to look at the other girl in the eyes,
"I don't remember saying that. Give me the key, the art club will start at 9 am. We should leave before that."

 

Yongsun took the key from Byul's hand and lifted her backpack to her shoulders, and Byul did the same. They both walking to the door in silence and the older girl unlocked the door, while Byul following behind her. When Yongsun barely out of the room, she got surprised by her two friends, Jung Wheein and Ahn Hyejin who were walking towards the art room.

"Unnie!" Wheein waving her hand to Yongsun, who stopped midway and her back bumped into Byul's body.

Quickly moved away from the girl behind her. she replied, "Oh! Wheein-ah! Hyejin-ah! Why are you here this early?"

"I got your text while eating breakfast, so I called Wheein and we both took a cab in a hurry." The girl with shoulder length hair with husky voice, Hyejin said.

"Ah! I was about to text you to not come here. I didn't know you guys would come this fast." Yongsun said nervously.

Seeing her friends caught her with Byul exiting the art room together in the morning, made her flustered, even though they barely did anything last night.

"Oh! You!" Wheein, the shorter girl with cute dimple on her cheek pointed her finger at Byul who's now standing next to Yongsun.

"Ya! Moon Byulyi! Did you do this on purpose? Huh? What did you do to Yongsun unnie?"

Even though she's shorter than the other three, she was braver than them when it came to protecting her friends.

"Uh... I-" When Byul started to talk, Yongsun interrupted her, "It's okay, Wheein-ah. She's nothing like you're suspected."

She stole a glance at the blonde girl next to her and continued, "We became friends. It was just a misunderstanding, right, Byul-ah?"

The tallest girl among the four girls just nodded. The truth was she just shy with strangers and she rarely interacted with other student in their school. So this conversation was totally awkward for her. The brown haired girl wanted the loner student to become friends with the two young girls. She thought they would get along really well.

"Introduce yourself, Byul-ah." Yongsun said to her.

"Hello, I'm Moon Byulyi, you can call me Byul." Byul raised her right hand.

Wheein didn't move an inch and she crossed her arms, while the other girl took Byul's hand and introduced herself,

"Hello, I'm Ahn Hyejin, call me Hyejin." Seeing the blonde girl and her best friend shaking hands, Wheein separated both hands aggresively and took Byul's hand.

"I'm Jung Wheein, Hyejin's best friend and Yongsun unnie's protector." She said with angry voice.

Yongsun sensed jealou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter