The Confession

What Happened in the Art Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Saturday morning, the two young girls were already in the art room, along with other students and their art teacher, Miss Kang. For today, she told the students to partner up and take turn to draw each other portraits.

"Yongsun unnie won't be here." Wheein said as she lift a blank sketchbook from her bag and put it on the easle.

"Why?" Hyejin asked, it was her turn to pose as a model for her best friend.

"She said that Byul unnie came to her house last night." 

"And...?" Hyejin curious.

"She wants to spend time with her today."

"Really? Omo! So they're like on a date? Oh my, it must be so romantic, Wheein-ah!" Hyejin smiled as she clapped her hands.

"I don't know! I don't care!" Wheein felt jealous of what the older girls had. She couldn't be that open talking about her feeling to her best friend. She's scared and being grumpy was her defense mechanism.

"Why are you so grumpy today, my cute puppy? Let me kiss your dimple," Hyejin teased as she leaned her head towards her friend's right cheek.

"Ah, stop it, Hyejin-ah! Not funny!" The shorter girl got upset.

"Okay, okay. Don't be mad, Wheein-ah."

The students began sketching their partner's face on the sketchbook. The girl with cute dimple moved her pencil elegantly, she started drawing her best friend's small but seductive, sharp eyes. Then she got lost in the moment. She kept drawing Hyejin's face with so much focus, she didn't even hear Miss Kang was talking to her.

"Jung Wheein, that's very beautiful! You captured Hyejin's features really well!"

Curious, the girl with husky voice got up from her seat and took a look at her friend's drawing. Miss Kang who noticed Hyejin moved from her position, got confused, because Wheein kept drawing without even looking at the model.

"Wow, Wheein-ah! It's amazing!" Hyejin said behind her best friend.

"Huh? Ah..." The girl with cute dimple startled by her friend's voice.

"How do you manage to draw Hyejin without even seeing her face, Wheein-ssi? You're very talented!" Miss Kang praised her.

"It's nothing, Miss Kang. I just get used to seeing her pretty face." Wheein blushed.

"Do you just called me pretty, Wheein-ah? Do you like me?" Hyejin asked playfully.

"No... I just... I..." The dimple girl's face was red and she's speechless. Then she got up and ran outside the art room.

"Wheein-ah!!!" Hyejin chased her best friend.

 

Wheein ran towards the back of the school building. There's no one there.

Hyejin grabbed the other girl's hand and she turned her body around, there were tears in Wheein's eyes.

"What's wrong, Wheein-ah? You scared me. Tell me." Hyejin was really worried because she noticed her best friend was acting really strange lately.

"I'm.. Oh... I don't know how to say this." Wheein looked away and continued, "I'm frustrated, Hyejin-ah. I don't want to feel like this. Really. But I couldn't help it. The more I avoid my feelings, the more I fall... for you."

Hyejin didn't say anything, she held her best friend's face with both hands and she wiped the tears with her thumbs.

"I know, Wheein-ah. Do you know that I always stole glances at you? That I always go everywhere with you, without asking questions? I like you too." She said softly.

"Re...ally? Since when?" Wheein surprised by her best friend's confession.

"Hmm... Since the day I asked you to be my friend. You were so cool and chic, you stood out from other students an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter