The Future

What Happened in the Art Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi graduated from Seoul National University's College of Business Administration two years ago. She didn't want to work in a company and with her business knowledge plus her photographic skills she gained in college, she opened a small photo studio near where she lived. She rented a place using her savings from her part-time jobs during college and a bit of help from her aunt. It took her more than 5 months after that to finally have a stable income from her small business. She was happy with the progress and had a lot of customers thanks to her unique style of taking the pictures and editing them. 

 

The 24 years old photographer was in a hotel room in New Zealand. She came to the foreign country two day before for a wedding and she packed her expensive camera with other equipments in her luggage. She was still asleep when she heard the buzzing alarm sound from her phone. Byul didn't dye her hair blonde anymore and let her natural black hair to grow. Her long hair covered her face as she half-opened her eyes slowly to stare at the digital clock on her phone. It's 7:15 am. The former rebellious smart student dropped the phone to the empty space next to her and gathering her thoughts first thing in the morning.

Six years had passed since a girl named Kim Yongsun changed her life and she missed every loving moments she had back in high school. She wished she could go back in time and stayed in the past when things were not so complicated and had only small problems to think about, compared to what she had to get through as an adult. After staring at the ceiling for a while, the photographer snapped out of her daydream and got up. She went to the hotel's bathroom and took a shower, she had to take pictures before the wedding and she couldn't be late. 

 

 

"Hyejin-ah! The flowers are in the wrong order! Hurry fix them! I'm going to check on the foods!" Wheein was half running passed her girlfriend and went inside the hotel's kitchen.

"Oh okay, one moment. I'm on the phone with the bride." Hyejin replied and she continued talking on her phone. 

"Yes, Yongsun unnie. No! No! Wheein said the foods are fine and everything is under control. Don't worry! Just take care of yourself, unnie. Yes, bye!" Ahn Hyejin hung up. 

The two young girls were helping out her favorite unnie's wedding. They were busy since two days before because Yongsun chose them as her bridesmaids. The 23 years old psychology student, Ahn Hyejin walked through the grass with her high heels and fixed the flowers' arrangement next to the wedding arch. She was wearing a purple sleveless dress that showed her y curves. She tied her black hair up into a bun and let her stunning shoulders visible for everyone to see, especially her girlfriend, Jung Wheein. 

The 23 years old mechanical engineering student with cute dimple on her right cheek was in the hotel's kitchen filled with chefs and staffs. They had to change menus last minutes because the staffs who were supposed to bring the ingredients yesterday got trapped in the storm last night. Wheein carefully tasted the main dish for the buffet because she didn't want her bridesmaid dress got stained. Her purple dress was similar to her girlfriend's except her left arm was covered with the satin and lace while her right arm exposed, showing her many tattoos. 

"Hmm... This one alright, just reduce the salt a little bit. Okay, next!"

 

 

The star of the wedding, the bride, Kim Yongsun was sitting in front of the mirror inside her hotel room. The 25 years old musical theatre actress was getting ready for her big day with the help of the make up artist team, hairstylist and her mother. She's already in a elegant, long sheath white wedding dress. Her hair no longer brown, she cut her hair to shoulder length and change the color to ash blonde. When the hairstylist was taking care her hair, Yongsun heard someone knocking from outside and Mrs. Kim opened the door but didn't let the person in.

"Who is it, mother?" Yongsun asked.

"Yongsun-ah! I miss you!" Instead of her mother, the person outside the room replied loudly.

"Go! Go! Seeing each other before the wedding brings bad luck." The mother told Yongsun's future spouse and closed the door.

"You two are only separated for one day and already missing each other like this." Mrs. Kim went back and sat on the bed.

"We couldn't help it, mother." Yongsun grinned and looked at her mother through the mirror. 

"Aigo, you both will spend the rest of your lives together! I can't believe this day finally comes. You are so beautiful, my daughter." Mrs. Kim stood next to her. 

"Ah, mother. Don't make me blush. Where's father and Yonghee unnie?"

"He's playing with Sunjae. Your sister and brother-in-law are still in their room. You know Yonghee is seven months pregnant, she needs a lot of rest. How are you? Are you nervous?" 

"No... Yes. Mother, will everything be alright?" The bride asked. 

"Of course! Your family is here, your friends too. They are so nice for helping us with this sacred ceremony, Yongsun-ah." Her mother placed her hands on Yongsun's shoulders and the bride held them. 

 

 

Mr. Kim and his grandson were playing catch in the garden close to the wedding venue. The old man was throwing the ball at the boy. When Sunjae catched the ball with his baseball glove, he could hear clicking sounds from his right. He turned around and saw the photographer taking his pictures with her expensive camera. 

"Nice catch, Sunjae-ah!" Byul walked closer and high fived the boy.

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Kim asked the photographer. 

"I need to take pictures of the bride's family." Byul replied while checking the pictures in her camera. 

"You can take them later." The old man kneeling on one knee and hugging his grandson. 

"It's okay. I still have time. 1... 2... 3!" Byul said behind her camera and clicked the shutter button. 

 

"Oh! Byul unnie, there you are! The hairstylist is looking for you! Hurry up, go change your clothes! The wedding will start in 30 minutes! How could you walking around in that pajamas, unnie." Wheein almost screamed as she walked fast to the photographer, who's wearing a grey loungewear set and slippers.

"You don't need to yell. Geez. These are not pajamas, Wheein-ah!" Byul was dragged by the shorter girl. 

"I only slept for three hours in past two days, the staffs are slow, and I'm high on caffeine. Don't test me, unnie. Hand me the camera." Wheein looked like an angry puppy and gritted her teeth. 

"Okay! Okay!" The photographer defeated and gave her camera. 

"Go! Hurry!" The bridesmaid glared at Byul and watching her went inside the hotel. 

 

 

The wedding ceremony took place at the hotel's garden near the lake. The view was magnificent and the sky bright blue, perfect weather for an outdoor event. The flowers arrangements were delightful, the wedding arch was beautifully built and the minimalist decorations gave simple but elegant touch. The bride only invited the family members and close friends. The guests were already seated in their designated seats and they socializing with each other while waiting.

Yongsun looked outside from inside the hotel glass door. She saw the guests were chatting, the bridesmaids, her family, her friends and also her handsome future spouse who was wearing a white suit, already standing in front of the arch. Waiting patiently for her.

"Ready?" Mr. Kim stood next to her daughter and offered his arm. 

"Yes." The bride took a deep breath and started walking. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter