House of La Noire

Herald of Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
XIX HOUSE OF LA NOIRE  

For some unexplainable reasons, I found myself feeling a little bit uneasy as I stared at the black ballgown seating at the foot of my bed.

I was told that a ball is to be held tonight to honor a milestone for the Pilgrim Reaper's Third Heir, Francesco—who happens to be my master, for finally finding a familiar. Indirectly, this could mean that I am also the center of this event. This is the first time ever that Taemin contracted a familiar and his other siblings and even his father will be curious about me.

I already met three of his siblings: Master Irene who is the second heir, Master Giovanni the fifth, and Master Jaehyun, or Taemin preferred to be called as Sebastian, who is the youngest of the seven siblings. 

Tonight, I will meeting the rest and my master told me that they are Master Vladimir, Jean-Pierre and Roselle.

In addition to that I will also be meeting their father, the Pilgrim Reaper, and I have a feeling that he is exactly the reason why I am anxious about this ball.

"Hey." A soft voice called to me as the owner entered my room. 

"Hello," I answered back and smiled politely. "What are you guys doing in here?" 

Yeri rush to my bed and jump up and down on it with a wide grin plastered on her youthful face. On the other hand, her sister Seulgi smiled apologetically, perhaps due to her sister's action, as she closed the door behind her. After she did, she went to bed as well and check up on the dress that was placed on the bed.

"Did Master Taemin got you the dress? This is so pretty!" Yeri asked and I shook my head lightly. 

"I don't know. It was already there when I woke up." I said and shrugged. "Speaking of my master, have you seen him?" 

The sun is almost up when Taemin and I went back in the mansion. Last night, or should I say earlier, was ecstatic and I couldn't help but blush. 

I thought my love is one-sided. I thought that the love I bear for him will never be reciprocated but it turns out that he's feeling the same for me. He told me that he's in denial at first, that he can't let it happen because he don't want to cross the line. He's my master and I am his familiar.

The thing is, we can never dictate our hearts. It it choose to beat for someone, even though it is not right an forbidden, we can't stop it. The more we prevent ourselves from liking or loving a person, the more we'll find ourselves drawn to them and it tells true to myself. 

Taemin, if not of his temperament, is actually a good guy and any girl would find themselves getting heads over heel for him. He is good looking, has a nice built, and he can be soft and caring if he wants to. Actually, he's not really the guy that he chose to portray himself. Him being all cocky was only his mask. As I know him deeper, I found out that he's holding a self-grudge that he opted to act like and drive everyone away from him. 

He hated his nature, he hated being a reaper, and addition to that, his loathing intensifies when Marcella died.

Yeri stopped jumping on the bed to lay down instead and said, "The Pilgrim Reaper called for a meeting to get the status about the hotspots. Ugh, the mission is a great pain in the and I'm glad that the Pilgrim held a ball!"

I blinked on her response. "And we familiars aren't required?"

"It's a matter between the bosses." Seulgi chirped. "Instead of sticking our noses on the problem, we should plan for our get up for the upcoming ball. We only have four hours left and that's why Yeri and I went here."

"It's been a decade since we last glam up! I'm so freaking excited!"

Yeri squealed in delight and twirl around the bed as if she's dancing with his prince which caused for her sister to laugh.

"It is Master Taemin's night so we have to make you the most stunning lady in the crowd since you are his familiar." Seulgi said with a grin. "Well, of course, after Master Irene and Master Roselle. They are both exceptional in their own ways."

Yeri halted. "And me! After me. I will be pretty like the masters!" 

"Stop babbling, big brat. Go fetch her dress and let's go!" 

I stood motionless as Yeri did what her older sister told her to do. In a swift motion, the girl placed the dress back inside the velvet box and carefully fixed the lid back. After that, she bend down and fetch gold high-heels sandals seating at the foot of my bed which came along with the dress. 

Her movement was quick but the gracefulness never fades and it made me stun. How does she do that? 

Yeri made a low curtsy while holding the stack of boxes and said, "All done, mademoiselle."

Chuckling Seulgi finally said with a clap, "Let's go and make the guys drool over your beauty, Naeunie!"

Seulgi pulled me outside the room and her sister followed suit. I didn't bother to check on my master's room since the two said he's out with his father and his siblings for a 'meeting', and even if he did already come back, I could have heard his footfalls and the sounds of the door. Since I've heard none, I'm guessing that he's still out. 

After we exited the double doors of the Third Heir's personal quarters, the breathtaking view of the long hallway greeted.

I've only arrived last night and it is only my first time here and still unfamiliar, I just let the siblings drag me around. 

Portraits and paintings adorned the walls of the long hallways. As we walk, I found myself admiring the beauty of the people—or should I say reapers—displayed. I saw Master Irene's spotless visuals, Jaehyun's dimple grins, Kai's gentle smiles, and other unfamiliar faces which I assume to be the rest of the seven siblings. But I frown as I realize something and it is the lackness of Taemin's. 

Well, I can still see some of his portraits but unlike his siblings, his were only few. I couldn't even see a single photo of him while he was a child.

"Seul," I called curtly. 

She throw me a quick glance before answering, "Yes?"

"I was wondering... Why does Taemin only have a few portraits around?"

I saw how she pursed her lips as if she's contemplating whether to say it or not but to my relief, she still say it though. 

"I don't really know the reason but Master Taemin removed some of his portraits himself." She stop talking for a minute as we took a turn on a hallway and continued, "But Master Irene said that he is still keeping it inside his room."

I did a mental note to ask the reason behind his action once I saw him tonight.

The thing is, although I keep looking for him, I'm afraid that I will be awkward around him after what we did last night. 

He is my master and I kissed him multiple times, and it wasn't just any ordinary kiss. It was French kiss! A French kiss under the moonlight in France. Sounds romantic, isn't it? 

"By the way, where did Master Taemin brought you last night?"

It was Yeri who asked and seeing how she struggle on the box, I quickly pulled away from Seulgi's grip and snatched the dress box from the shorter girl. She was about to retort, perhaps to tell me that she can manage, but I did not gave her a chance when I immediately speak. 

"He only toured me around on places that he loves around Paris. He even let me taste his favorite treat." I said with a smile but the shorter girl squinted her eyes. 

"He let you tasted his favorite treat or is it him who you tasted?" 

If I was eating or drinking something, I could have choke to death. But despite of the flat surface we are walking on, I still found myself stumbling after hearing what she said. Gladly, Seulgi was quick to caught me by the arms ad prevented my fall. 

"W-What are you t-talking about?" I tried to sound innocent but I think my stutters gave me away. 

A wicked grin flashed on Yeri's lips and she chirped, "I knew it!" 

"W-What?" 

She wiggle her brows at me and said, "Lucas told me things about the two of you! He said that—" 

But she was cut off when Seulgi in. "Oh, hush! We're here."

True to her words, the three of us halted in front of a double doors with a roman numeral 'II' engravings which indicates that the private quarters belongs to the second heir. Without aby further ado, Seulgi turn the knob and threw it open and it revealed to a receiving area just like my master's but this one displays a more feminine side. The settees were in cream colors and the rugs were light pink. Tall bookshelves surrounds the area and a huge painting of depicting three females and two males is displayed as the center piece. 

With closer inspection, I found out that Master Irene, Seulgi and Yeri are the females while one of the males is Johnny. The other one is unfamiliar to me. 

I was about to ask but then one of the doors bursted open revealing a disheveled haired Johnny that looks like he just got woke up and it made Yeri frowned. 

"If the master is here, you could have gotten scolded, Johnny."

The guy in question smiled and it widens when his eyes landed on me. With a cheerful voice he greeted, "Oh, hello, Naeun! What brought pretty girl like you here?" 

I throw a glance at my side and saw how Seulgi's brows lit up and Yeri pursed her lips. 

With a sneer the shorter girl said, "You're obviously flirting, Suh. Master Taemin will kill you if he knew."

Panic swims on the boy's eyes and he defensively muttered, "I-I don't mean to flirt! I swear, I'm just greeting her in the most polite way. I promise, croww my heart, so please don't tell the boss!" 

Yeri laughed. "Why? Afraid to be his sparring bag again?" 

I was shocked. Taemin made Johnny his sparring bag? 

"Is that true? You became his sparring bag? When? Why?" I asked eagerly that Johnny ended up wincing. 

"It was back in our mission in Atlanta together. The young master was so mad at Johnny that he receive a good beating from him." Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter