Stupor

Herald of Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
XI STUPOR  

I am not sure whether to be glad that my master has stopped scolding me or not. After the talk that he and Master Irene had after that meal, Taemin  has changed. It has been a week, and throughout that duration, it seems like he has been trying to avoid me or even the slightest thing that could get him engaging with me. 

Even our training were affected since he stopped coming to the training hall. 

The guy can't even look at me! Or even spare me the slightest glance and to be honest, as the time passes by, it's gradually making me insane. It got me thinking all the time. What could I have possibly done wrong for him to treat me like that? 

Yes, I know that being cruel is on his nature but what he's doing to me right now is beyond that. He is making me feel like a wind, he is making me feel like I am non-existing. 

I also rarely see him around the house anymore. When I tried asking Seulgi, she said that he might be out doing his reaper job which she find to be odd since their familiar should be with them when they are in work. 

I was about to go to bed when I heard rustles coming from the room next door, and without even thinking, I quickly run towards the hole.  His room was dark but after becoming a familiar, my vision was heighten. Seeing in the dark is not as difficult as before.

My eyes roam around the room and finally spot his figure near his closet, and he appears to be calmly fixing the button near his wrist. There he is, looking deadly on his black formal suit like that one I saw in my dream. 

"Where are you up to?" I blurted so sudden which made him look at me out of surprise. 

"None of your business." He said and went back in buttoning the cuff of his sleeves. 

"I am your familiar. Your business is my business as well." I reason out but like what he was doing for the past week, he continued neglecting me and my words. 

"It's late. Go to sleep."

Taemin finally finishes fixing himself and was about to go to the door but I was quick enough  to reach it before him and prevented him to do so.

He look at me coldly and muttered, "Move."

"No. Unless you bring me with you." I countered. 

"I said move." My master growled but I only grin. Been a week since I last get scolded. Kinda miss his scowls. 

"I will move if you'll allow me to come with you. It's time for you to stop acting on your own. I am a familiar, your familiar, so give me a damn job and let me act as one!"

Taemin's perfectly groomed brows were knitted close together as he look at me with irritation. I don't care if he and the indenture think that I am being disrespectful but I held his burning gaze, and even put my hand on my hips, wordlessly asking for a challenge. 

The two of us stayed like that for a minute, acting as if we were having a staring contest. 

Taemin suddenly blinked and broke our eye connection as he shifted his gaze elsewhere, irritation still clinging on his face like a second skin.

"Fine." He said finally and I accidentally threw my arms around him due to excitement.

The action caught the both of us off guard. Awkwardly, I removed it away from him and bowed my head, attempting to hide my burning cheeks away from him. Although the room is dark, I knew that he can still see it clearly, and I don't want to feel more embarrassed than I already am.

Thankfully, my master step back and went to retrieve something from a drawer not far away from him, giving us air to breathe, or should I say, giving me air to breathe. 

Moments later, he reached for my hand and shove a ring on my finger before disappearing somewhere in his room. Still flustered, I raised my hand and stare at the cold metal hugging my digit. It was indeed a ring but this one is made from black steel and gives off the same energy that I felt from holding my scythe. 

"Wear this and change into something dark. You can't guarantee that the ring will completely hide your presence."

Taemin's cold voice brought me back to reality. He threw a heavy fabric on me with too much force which caught me off balance and I sneer as a response. 

"H-Hey, can you at least be gentle?!" I hissed.

"Are you demanding me?" He squinted his silver eyes on me as he cross his arm against his chest. I wanted to laugh at him but I am afraid that it will only worsen his already foul mood and take his words back.

"N-No."

"Good. Go now and change before I change my mind."

Feeling a little threatened, I scramble away from his room clumsily and pry away my pajama to change.

After quickly changing into dark clothes, I look for my master right away and found him staring at what I thought to be a photo. But before I can even have a peek, Taemin shove it swiftly inside his coat and stood. 

Shame filled my inside as I realized that what I am doing was actually wrong. I may be his familiar but it doesn't mean that I should get involve with his private life. 

Shaking the negative feeling aside, I cleared my throat and ask him. "Where are we going tonight? Are we fetching bunch of souls?" 

Taemin rolled his eyes on me and start walking towards the main door. Still not answering me he threw the double doors open, cool evening breeze blew inside the mansion, sweeping his brown locks softly away from his face. Even through a distance, I can see his features clearly.

His eyes appears molten after catching the silvery lights of the moon and his face is glowing as the wind keeps blowing his hair in the most ethereal way. 

Everything seems to be in slow motion. My breathing hitch and my heart starts racing. I already said it that he handsome but tonight was different because he never affected me like this before. His feature is statuesque and it is making my heart flutter. 

Suddenly, his sparkling slate orbs caught mine making my blood to rush into my face, filling my cheeks with bright red tints.

"No, I already did that earlier." He finally answered my question. "We are going to the city proper. A report was sent and it says that a large number of eidolon are gathering there for some unknown reason. Let's go before these uglies  start possessing and cause some troubles."

Taemin then starts walking outside, his soft footfalls echoing inside the silent mansion. I am still feeling a little overwhelmed with emotion that I stay rooted from where I was standing and left staring at his broad back. 

What the heck is wrong with me? Have I gone mad or what?

"Oi, dummy! Are you coming or not?!" His voice  was laced with irritation that it almost sound like a groan. 

"Y-Yes! Coming!" I shouted back and quickly jog my way to him. 

"If you are just going to space out like that for the rest of the night, it is better for you to stay inside. You'll just going to slow me down."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter