Renè Eleanor's Visit

Herald of Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
X RENÈ ELEANOR'S VISIT  

Despite of the fact that my despicable master punched a huge hole through our bedrooms, I am still able to sleep well last night.

Although before I really get the sleep that I deserve, the two of us did quarrel for several minutes until Taemin call it quits. Just like he always does, he called me names that were really below the belt but I just let him be, he is my master after all, and I don't have the rights to do or tell bad things to him unless I am willing enough to feel the wrath of the indenture once again. 

"Oi, dummy. Hey." I groan angrily as I heard noises somewhere near me.

Then someone shook me violently from my bed. With my eyes still closed I shouted, "Go away!" And I turned to face the other side and went back to my sleep. 

I thought that the culprit already left me alone but after a few seconds, the person suddenly pulled the sheets of my bed. The sheets, not my blanket, the damn sheets! And because of that, I landed hard on the floor with a loud thud. 

"What in the hell—o..?" Words that left my mouth came out as a hiss but when I look up to find Taemin smirking devilishly at me, it died in an instant and gave him a smile that I knew that looks more like a wince.

"What are you saying again? What in the 'what'?" He asked as he pretended not to hear what I shouted just now.

I quickly get up from the floor and offered him a grin. "Nothing," I said. "I mean, I said hello. And good morning. Yes, good morning, master! Have you had a good sleep? I hope you do!"

Upon hearing me struggle for words, Taemin's smirk morphed into a wicked smile which made me even more nervous. I'm not prepared for another scolding. I just woke up and my stomach is empty, and both are not a good indication for me. 

A hungry Naeun is equal to grumpy Naeun; and a grumpy Naeun is equal to a short-tempered Naeun. 

If he starts teasing me right now, I am afraid that I might answer him back and suffer the pain that the indenture will give me. I'm not in the mood for that, well, not yet! 

"You sleep like a dead. I have been waking you for the whole ten minutes." He said as he start walking towards the hole and cross it to his room. "Breakfast is ready. Go wash up then after we eat, we'll back with your training. I have a feeling that my father will give me, us, a mission soon and it will be better if you are ready."

He was about to disappear somewhere deeper inside his room but I call for his attention and said, "Wait! Are we not going to attend school?" 

Taemin halted and gave me a ridiculous look. "Are you dumb? Your mother is expecting you to be in France studying and you wanted to go to school? Are you really that stupid?" 

"H-Hey, I was just asking. No need to call me stupid..." I bow my head down to try avoiding his judging look. "It's just that.. I haven't told Krystal yet. She's my friend, she deserves to know."

The two of us remained silent for a long moment. When I dared looking up, I saw my master stare at me with contempt written all over his face. 

Finally, he broke his gaze from me and start walking away but as he do I heard him saying, "We can't go there. You can call her instead, or video chat or whatever, tell her that you were sorry that you have to leave so sudden. But eat first, you need to have your fill."

With that, my lips broke into a huge smile. Since my master was already out of my sight, I whispered my gratitude to the the wind and said softly, "Thank you. I guess you are not as cold as I thought you to be."

But little did I know, Taemin actually heard what I said. From the silence of his room, the Third Heir of the Pilgrim  Reaper unknowing smiled to himself.

 

 

 

After I wash up and prepare for the rest of the day, I happily jog my way to the dining hall and saw that Seulgi was already there fixing the food. 

She was dressed extra careful today. Her hair was braided neatly on the top of her head and she was wearing a peach floral dress that perfectly complimented her skin. 

As I got neared, I noticed that there were three extra plates placed on the table. Also, the preparation for breakfast is a little bit lavish—it almost feel like a banquet. 

Feeling intrigued, I went up to Seulgi's side and ask, "What's up? Why is there too much food?" 

As if on cue, I felt my master entered the dining hall causing me to shift my full attention to him instead. Like Seulgi, he was also dressed properly which made me feel a little bit out of place since I was only in jeans and blouse. 

Taemin was wearing a black button down shirt and neatly tucked in on his gray trousers, and even his hair was perfectly swept back. 

He paused feet away from me and said, "Change of plan. Go change for a proper dress. My sister has just announced that she is coming to visit. Be sure to be on your best."

My body had gone cold upon hearing his words but I wasted no time as I hurried back to my room and fumble my closet for a suitable dress. 

I am going to meet another reaper, I am going to meet his sister, and I am not sure whether to feel excited or nervous of the thought. It could be Seulgi's master! 

Luckily, I brought tons of dresses when I packed for the supposed to be 'France Trip'. I have plenty to choose from but I opted to wear an above-the-knee length lavender dress and quickly fixing my hair in a half up-do. I even changed my flats for a heeled sandal since my master told me to look at my best. I don't want to disappoint him and I do want to leave a good impression on her sister. 

I look at the mirror for the final time and went back to the dining hall with extra speed. On my way, I heard doors being opened and footsteps echoed on the half-empty mansion. 

I was panting hard by the time I've returned to the dining hall. When I arrived, my master gave me a quick look from head to toe and I saw satisfaction lit up on his eyes and he said, "You're just in time. Kneel."

I look at him in confusion and was about to ask why he wanted me to but Seulgi pulled me down to kneel on one knee and forced my head to bow low, and my master remained standing in front of us. 

Soon, the footsteps that I heard earlier grew nearer and the doors of the dining hall burst open revealing three figures—two females and one tall male.

"Sister." I heard my master's voice echoed as he cross the room to great our visitors.

"You look good, Cesco,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter