Red Flag

Forbidden Love -PAUSED-

In retrospect, Moonbyul should’ve seen all the red flags.

 

She should’ve known that going to the club with her friends to quote “dance their troubles away” while her girlfriend chose to stay at home and while certain brunette would most definitely take advantage of the fact she was alone, was a terrible idea. 

 

She should’ve followed her gut and take the girls home as the designated driver as soon as the signs started appearing.

 

When Wheein started chugging shots as if it were water followed by Seulgi and therefore Irene. When the 3 of them started drunkenly dancing at the bar catching the lustful eye of some drunken men. When Hwasa suddenly disappeared out of her eyesight. When Seulgi accidentally pushed some girl on the dance floor making her fall and hit the floor. When Irene saw that the girl was about to hit Seulgi for making her fall and stepped in slapping her before she could even raise her fist. When everyone surrounding them started chanting “fight” making a circle around them and definitely when in search for certain brunette she found her sloppily grinding on some guy who was clearly expecting to go all the way by the look on his eyes. 

 

So there she was, trying her hardest to get all of her stupid, drunk friends out of the club before something bad happened, by some miracle Byul managed to get everyone out and into her car, a nearly impossible task since they were all drunk of their and acting like toddlers, kicking and screaming over who got to be shotgun (Hwasa won that round), yelling over wanting to cuddle Wheein at the same time, fighting over who was better: Captain America or Iron Man (seriously?) and almost throwing up in the back seat of her car due to not eating before getting wasted.

 

Byul could feel a raging headache developing as she Irene’s street to drop her and of course Seulgi off. She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened her door to help the pair walk home, with a few stumbles here and there the two were finally at the front door. 

 

I: Thanks Unnie, Seulgi is gonna stay with me tonight she said stumbling on her words. 

 

S: You’re the best Byuly-a, I love you!

 

M: yeah, yeah, get some sleep you two, I’ll call you in the morning. She replied heading for her car again.

 

Once inside she realized Wheein had passed out on the backseat and Hwasa was checking on her phone clearly sober up. The ride home was silent which Byul really appreciated, after the night she had, some peace and quiet was more then welcome. 

 

She parked in front Hwasa and Wheein’s building to drop the pair off, luckily their building wasn’t far from her own, it was a 10 minute drive before she could finally get home.  She couldn’t wait till she could finally rest.

 

Both Hwasa and Byul carried Wheein into her apartment and successfully tucked her in bed, after silently closing the youngest bedroom door Byul made her way pass the kitchen to head to the door.

 

H: Unnie... I just wanna say thank you. We were a handful today and you really took care of us. I am grateful you were there for us. 

 

The brunette’s words took her by surprise, she wasn’t expecting gratitude after their chaotic night, however she felt pleased at her words. 

 

M: It was nothing, I was the designated driver after all she said trying to brush the subject off.

 

H: Still, handling 4 drunk girls couldn’t have been easy, so, thank you.

 

M: You’re welcome Hyejini.

 

After a few seconds of silence Byul was ready to say goodbye and get home but Hwasa started speaking again before she could open .

 

H: You know, you’re one of the very few people I let call me that.

 

M: Oh.. mmm, may I ask why is that? She asked curious. 

 

H: I don’t know, for some reason I find it sweet, you calling me by my actual name she explained. 

 

M: Oh, well, I guess I’ll keep that in mind. 

 

Byul had noticed the others always called the brunette by her nickname and not her actual name but she just assumed it was their choice and not because the brunette preferred it that way, guess she was wrong. 

 

While deep in her thought Byul failed to notice the brunette had started walking her way, it was only when she was standing right in front of her that she realized how close the two were. Suddenly she was enveloped in a warm hug, soft hands made their way to her waist holding on tightly to her lower back while her head was placed on Byuls chest making her hair brush against the latter’s nose, exuding a sweet spicy scent that Byul was embarrassed to admit was making her dizzy. 

 

The two were clearly enjoying the embrace as neither of them noticed the time passing, Hwasa was notably content to be laying on Byuls chest surrounded by her arms and her warmth while Byul found herself strangely comfortable with the brunette between her arms, so much that she didn’t mind how late it was getting. 

 

Hwasa lifted her head out of the silver headed girls chest and found the latter’s soft eyes making her smile shyly.

 

H: Hi

 

M: Hi

 

They were whispering due to their closeness. 

 

M: I need to go, it’s already pretty late she said not making any move to actually leave.

 

H: I know…

 

Still, neither of them moved. Time seemed to stop while in each others arms.

 

If you asked either one of them who made the first moved neither could tell you the answer. 

The air between them had been slowly changing, charged with anticipation and uncertainty, deep lingering gazes and soft smiles were present as the two shared a sweet moment. Their eyes dropped at the same time to each others lips to which Hwasa decided to her own, daring Byul to do something about it, she was ultimately surprised when she saw her lean in, inching closer and closer to her face, only a few centimeters separated them now, their breath stared mixing and the brunette could almost feel their lips touch. 

 

A loud ringing coming from Byuls pants broke them apart, snapping the latter out of her daze and bringing her back to reality. Solar was calling her, probably worried about her. Solar. Her girlfriend. . 

 

Byul left practically running without saying goodbye and with one thing in her mind:

 

I almost kissed her. 

 

 

Why did I wanted to kiss her?