Set you free

Forbidden Love -PAUSED-

I once read somewhere that Hwabyul were soulmates who weren't meant to be, in a way this chapter is an example of that.

_

 

Moonbyul chose to avoid Ahn Hyejin. 

 

It was a rational decision, given the previous encounters it was clear she needed to put some distance between the two, until her body got the message that it needed to stop reacting so weakly to the brunette, until her heart stopped beating so quickly when seeing her and until she could get her head straight on whatever it was that kept drawing the two together she would try her hardest to put miles between her and Hyejin. It needed to be done, for her mental sake. 

 

Avoiding Hyejin-a was easier said than done. Since they shared the same friends and live close by, not seeing her was virtually impossible so Byul decided that she would only talk to the brunette when it was strictly necessary otherwise it was dead silent on her end. If they were to ever be left alone Byul made it her mission to make up an excuse and escape, leaving the brunette with a puzzled look. Byul feared of what may happen if they were alone again, she knew the tension that always surrounds them will eventually turned overwhelming, she feared she’d make a mistake like give in to the scorching heat the brunette exude so vividly. 

 

They were currently at her house, her girlfriend had suggested they should host a movie night with the girls, she couldn’t say no without having to explain why having their friends and therefore certain brunette over was a bad idea, not without revealing her plan to avoid the brunette until she got her feelings together or the world exploded, whatever happened first. So, she was forced to say yes. 

 

So there they were, laying on the big couch arguing over what movie to watch, deciding on some chick flick drama that Wheein had practically wrestled for, they pressed play on the Tv and started watching the movie. Have way through they ran out of popcorn, trying to be a good host for her girlfriend Byul decided to get up and go make some more, pressing a kiss to Solar’s temple she got up from the couch and tip toed her way to the kitchen without turning the lights on to not disturbed her friends. 

 

After pressing the popcorn button on the microwave Byul propped herself on the counter to wait for it to be done, with one hand on her thigh and the other one holding her forehead she inhaled deeply, so far she had no interaction with the hoarder of her thoughts: Miss Ahn Hyejin, other then greeting her with a small smile when she arrived at her home the two hadn’t talked or acknowledged each other all night, Byul was thankful for that, at least the brunette was cooperating. Hearing the final bip of the microwave, Byul searched for a bowl to put the popcorn in and was ready to get back to the movie, it was only when she turned around that she realized someone else was in the kitchen. 

 

Leaning against the wall was the one and only: Hyejin-a.

 

How long had she been standing there?

How long had she been staring at her? 

 

H: So...You’ve been avoiding me. She stated. 

 

M: That’s not true she chose to lie. 

 

H: Don’t play stupid with me, it’s not a good look on you, she replied with anger in her voice

 

Oh, she’s angry, Moonbyul realized. 

 

Neither of them spoke again, their eyes were busy scanning the other, watching every move, every expression, quietly observing each other, daring the other to act.

 

H: I never pictured you as a coward. She broke the silence.

 

Moonbyul was taking aback at that last word.

 

M: I am not a coward. She said feeling insulted. 

 

H: Yes you are. You’ve being avoiding me ever since we almost kissed.

 

M: SHH! Moonbyul stepped forward closer to the brunette and covered in an attempt to silenced her.

 

Hwasa shook her head shaking the silver haired girls hand out of her face. 

 

H: See? You can’t even talk about it, and that’s exactly what makes you a coward. You can’t even confront what you feel, you don’t even have the guts, you’re weak. She said harshly. 

 

M: Hyejin-a… Byul said as a warning, the brunette was testing her, she could feel herself getting angry at the latter. Little did she know that’s exactly what Hwasa wanted, to get a rise out her, make her angry, maybe then she’d finally succumb.

 

H: What? Touched a nerve didn’t I? She said cockily. You know is funny, you carry this aura of coolness around you, like nothing faces you, you act so calm and nonchalant all the time when in reality you’re just a big faker. You put up this cool act to hide the fact that you’re just weak. 

 

Having heard enough Byul snapped. 

 

She slammed Hwasa to the wall behind her and placed both of her hands on both sides of the brunette’s head, trapping her. Their bodies were now pressed together as well as their faces that were only centimeters apart. Byul’s breathing was uneven due to the anger she was feeling, her whole body was shaking. 

 

How dare Hyejin-a talk to her like that? 

How dare she call her weak? 

 

She was not weak. 

 

M: I. Am. Not. Weak she said spitting out every word. 

 

H: Oh yeah? Prove it. She challenged her. After not getting a response she laughed with disappointment. 

 

H:  knew you couldn’t do it.

 

Hwasa felt Byul lean closer, she felt her slowly trace the side of her neck with her nose, passing her ear and leaving goose bumps on the way, the latter’s breath was softly caressing her face making her whole body tingle. When she started verbally attacking ther she wasn’t expecting this reaction or any reaction for that matter, Byul always ran away or manage to slip from her fingers every time, so going from that reaction to this one was definitely a surprise. 

 

Soft lips were now placed on her neck, traveling up and down her skin, leaving small feather kisses here and there. Hwasa felt hot, her whole body was a shivering mess, her heart threatened to burst out of her chest and her lips craved that so awaited kiss. 

 

M: You drive me crazy… She said whispering. You with your teasing and your antics against me. You think is easy to resist you? You think is easy for me to run away every time you come near me? To act as if I don’t desperately want you? You think is easy for me having to force myself to stop picturing what it would feel like to have you? What it would feel like to kiss you and hold you?.

 

Byul could tell her voice was shaking, but after holding on for so long, finally letting out what has been bottling up inside her for months now felt like coming up for fresh air after being underwater.

 

M: But I can’t. I can’t. She broke out. I can’t give in, I can’t let go and just do whatever I want, As much as I want to I can’t allow myself to think of you that way, and you know why. So please, please, stop messing with me cause I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to take it.

 

Hwasa had lost the ability to speak. She didn’t know just how much Byul was keeping in, the pain and exhaustion in her words tore a peace of Hwasa’s heart. She felt overwhelmed by her words, she surely got what she wanted, Byul had confessed that she wanted her, that she’s thought about kissing and holding her but she had also said she can’t do anything about it and that made Hwasa ache. All she wanted right now was to relieve Byul of the distress she was obviously feeling, unfortunately, to be able to do that she would have to put an end to their relationship or whatever it is they had. She had to set Byul free. 

 

After moments thinking about it she decided she would do it, if leaving the silver haired girl alone was what it took to end her pain then that’s what she would do, as much as it hurt her, as much as she would regret it, she knew it was right call. 

 

Hwasa released a breath she didn’t know she was holding and then adverted her eyes to look directly into Byuls, there she saw pain, she saw longing and call her crazy but she thinks she also saw love, small tiny specks of it. 

 

As her last and final move Hwasa lifted her head and joined her lips to Byuls, sharing their first and possibly last kiss. She kept it soft and slow, taking as much as she could but without letting it be too much, she felt Byul move her lips on top of hers slowly returning the kiss, when coming up for air became a necessity she pressed her forehead to hers and enjoyed her embrace one last time.

 

Pressing one last kiss to the eldest lips, she removed herself from the wall, looked into her eyes one last time, went to the living room to get her things, said goodbye to her friends lying about not feeling well, headed to the door and then left. 

 

Leaving all possibility of ever seeing Moonbyul again behind.