Are you willing to fight for it?

Forbidden Love -PAUSED-

Hwasa’s POV

 

H: What are you doing here? I asked not believing my eyes.

 

This is not happening. 

 

It’s been almost a month since I decided to stay with my parents, almost a month since I cut ties with all of our common friends, almost a month since I last saw her. I won’t lie, things had been hard, I miss her like crazy. Even though what we had was not right, I still couldn’t control my longing for her, she was just… there were no words to describe what she was to me, she was just her, my silver haired forbidden love. The moment I realized what we have just wasn’t meant to be, it became clear what was the right thing to do,  me leaving and never seeing her again, that was the plan and I’ve been doing successfully for almost a full month. 

 

So you can imagine my shock when I looked up from my sit and saw her standing right in front of me. 

 

Alarms went off in my head. 

 

What is she doing here? How did she even find me? Only my family know I visit this coffee shop regularly.

 

She’s as beautiful as ever…

 

M: May I sit? She asked politely.

 

Her voice startled me.

 

God how I’ve missed her. 

 

I knew my voice would betray me if I tried to speak so I gave a short nod in response. 

 

She pulled the chair in front of me and sat in it.

 

M: How’ve you been? You look good. 

 

I couldn’t speak.

 

M: You’re probably wondering how did I found you, Wheein told you’ve been staying with your parents and your dad told me you come to this place a lot. 

 

Damn you Jung Wheein.

 

Wait I minute, she went to my parents house? And talk to my dad?

 

What on earth is going on?

 

M: Can I get you a refill? She asked eyeing the empty cup of coffee in my hands. 

 

M: And maybe a muffin or something as well, I know you like sweets so maybe I could get you…

 

H: What are you doing here? I cut her off.

 

I needed answers. 

 

Her being here messed the whole never seeing her again plan. 

 

I saw her sigh before she answered.

 

M: I’m here for you, she then said looking straight at me. 

 

H: What? I asked with shakiness in my voice. 

 

For me?

 

M: I know we don’t have the best history, she paused looking down at her hands,  I know you made the decision of leaving and never see me again, ignoring how you felt because of me, because of what I caused. I know that the thought of us she said using her hands to gesture at the two of us, don’t make any sense and that we have many obstacles to overcome but I also know that there’s nothing I want more than to be with you. She took a breath before continuing. 

 

M: I want us to try again, and this time we’ll do it right, I’ll do it right. I’m asking you for a second chance to prove how much I want you, how much I want us. 

 

Her eyes were on me now.

 

M: I’m here to tell you I don’t care what may or may not happen, what we have is worth fighting for.  She finished.

 

 

To say I was stunned would be an understatement.

Words eluded me, I felt completely overwhelmed and utterly speechless. Her words were rooming around my head making me nauseous. She wasn’t supposed to be here, she’s wasn’t supposed to find me, she wasn’t supposed to feel the same way as me. 

 

I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes.

 

I met her eyes and I could feel myself melt on my chair, the effect she has on me was as intense as ever. 

 

M: Can you please say something? She asked quietly. 

 

The intensity of her eyes was making me shiver.

 

H: I…

 

My voice was shaking. 

 

H: I’m sorry, I said tears silently falling down my cheeks. I’m sorry for chasing after you even though you were in a relationship. I’m sorry for all the teasing and flustering I made you go through. I’m sorry for being so selfish wanting you all to myself when it was clear you belonged to another. I’m sorry ruining everything. 

 

H: I’m sorry for making you come all the way here but you need to leave, I said holding back a sob, I can’t have you saying all this things to me when I’m trying so hard to forget you. 

 

The tightness in my chest was making it hard to speak. 

 

M: Stop trying to forget me, she said firmly. Didn’t you hear what I said? I want us to be together. 

 

H: Let’s stop kidding ourselfs Moonbyul, I said with a sad smile on my lips, You and I, we don’t match, we were never suppose to happen, you were right when you say we don’t make sense, we don’t. This will never work. I spoke honestly. 

 

M: Then we’ll make it work she said emphasizing every word. 

I shook my head.

M: Why are you fighting this? What are you running from? She asked me heatedly. I could tell she was getting angry. 

 

I’m scared my selfishness will ruin everything again, I’m scared of what this means for us, what it means for me. It freaks me out how much I want you, if I let myself even think of a possibly of us being together and then It didn’t work, that would kill me, loosing you again will kill me.

 

I can’t allow that. 

 

H: I can’t do this. I said getting up to leave. 

 

M: Hyejin-a! I heard her scream my name. 

 

It was too late, I was already running out of the shop.

 

-

-

 

Moonbyul’s POV 

 

Finding her wasn’t hard. 

 

After getting her parents address from Wheein, I got in her car and drove around for awhile. Her dad was surprisingly nice enough to tell me where the brunette was. I expected the journey of finding her to be harder, though it wasn’t like she fell off the grid and had disappeared completely, she was still around just not around me. 

 

That would change today.

 

Or so I hoped so. 

 

Apparently that cute little coffee shop I had seen while driving through the foreign neighborhood was the brunette’s frequent location, according to her parents she’d spent most of her afternoons there before going home. 

 

I  parked my car on the cute coffee shop’s parking lot, and turned off the engine before taking a big breath in an attempt to calm myself. 

 

This is it. 

 

If she’s in there that means I’ll see her again.

 

I’ll see her gorgeous face and long black hair, hear her sweet enchanting voice that makes me go weak when hearing it. I’ll see those dark eyes that had been hunting me since I last saw her. 

 

I’ll finally see her again. 

 

With shaky steps, I left my car and pushed the shop’s door open. 

 

-

 

 M: Hyejin-a! I screamed her name watching her run away from me. 

 

This cant be happening. 

 

I hurriedly gathered my things and ran after her. 

 

M: Hyejin-a! I yelled for her again.

 

I looked around the sidewalk and didn’t find her. 

 

Where is she?!

 

I ran down the street and managed to find her walking down an intersection. 

 

Where is she going?

 

I bolted after her as fast as I could.

 

Before she could turn again I grabbed her hand and forcefully turned her to face me. 

 

Her face was cover in tears, the look she was giving me was of pure and utter hurt. 

 

That broke me heart. 

 

H: Let me go, she said shaking her arm making me let go of her hand.

 

M: Why are you doing this? I asked desperation dripping from my voice. 

 

M: Don’t you want me? Don’t you want us? I asked holding back my tears.

 

H: Doesn’t matter whether I want you or not. This can’t happen, the sooner we accept it the better for both of us, she said wiping her tears with her sleeve. 

 

M: I don’t believe that I said searching for her eyes.

 

She’s lying, I know she is. 

 

H: Well I do so please, leave me alone. 

 

She turned again and attempted to leave.

 

I grabbed her by her forearm and pressed her body against me before she could leave.

The last thing I heard before I pressed my lips against hers was a shaky and quiet “Byul-a”.

 

-

 

The instant their lips touched they knew there was no going back. 

 

After being deprived of each other for so long the sparks that fired during their kiss was reminder enough of what they have. It didn’t matter what the consequences were, this, them pressed against each other, sharing the same breath, feeding that overpowering need flowing through their veins was more than enough. It was all they needed. 

 

And the kiss?

 

Boy... 

 

Earthshattering, overwhelming, mind-blowing are just a few words that don’t even come close defining it. Both of them completely got lost in it, loosing track of time and just melting with every brush and caress. 

 

Pressing one last kiss on the brunette’s lips Moonbyul was the first to separate by pressing both of their foreheads together. 

 

M: I know, she said trying to catch her breath after the kiss, I know that what the future holds for us is uncertain and that is way easier to just brush it off and forget we ever happened, but you can’t tell me you don’t feel the same as me, you can’t deny what we have. 

 

M: I feel it, and I know you do too, so, I’m asking you to fight for it, fight for us, can you do that? She asked. 

 

Hwasa was quiet for a few seconds, mind still hazy from their heated kiss. There were so many things that could go wrong, so many people that could get hurt and that scared her, but what scared her even more was having to let go of what she desperately needed: Moonbyul.

 

H: I’m scared, she confesed quietly. 

 

M: I am too, she replied. But are we gonna let fear stop us from being together?

 

H: No, she stated. Even though I’m afraid of what may happen I’m willing to fight for it, fight for us. I’ve wanted you for so long, and now that I have you I’m not letting you go. She said feeling courageous. 

 

H: We’ll do this together right? She asked looking directly at Moonbyul.

 

M: Together, she said assuredly.

 

The pair joined lips once again. 

 

Even though the future is surely uncertain for them, whatever the may face they’ll face it together, and that was more than enough.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s been 84 years… 

THIS ISN’T THE END, though its getting there, couple more chapters and that’s it. Leave a comment!