Let me be useful

I’ll make a man out of you

A/n: Yes We will have Dojae please don’t hate me. I am just building this up, I really don’t want to have a half-baked story just for them to mate  T.T

I forgot to add that the sparing of TenWin was inspired by their dance duet for Rainbow V ^^

 

----

Yuta’s face was so beautiful and Taeyong could not believe he had found his mate, a master blacksmith and a strong fighter. He brought the omega’s hand to his lips and Yuta shyly smiled at him, it felt all so surreal, to find each other and to acknowledge each other to be mates.

 

 

“Taeyong, Yuta.” They both stopped their tracks and Taeyong stepped in front of Yuta to face the alpha.

 

“Youngho.” Taeyong returned the greeting, tensed and ready for an altercation.

 

 

“Yuta.” Youngho addressed the omega who had his head down but he stepped next to Taeyong and beamed the other alpha a wide smile. “He knows?” Youngho asked and Yuta nodded and showed his imprint and that made Youngho smile and laugh.

 

Sicheng who was next to Youngho rolled his eyes then smiled and congratulated both of them. Youngho did eventually hug them to congratulate them and offered to join them to inform Taeil about it.

 

 

--

 

“So you’re mates now?” Taeil asked and the two nodded like elementary kids making Taeil raise a brow.

 

 

‘Not yet fully mates, I imprinted on Yuta.” Taeyong explained.

 

 

‘What gave it away?” Youngho asked.

 

“The twin blades.” Taeyong answered truthfully.

 

“I told you, you weren’t subtle.” Youngho reminded Yuta who sighed.

 

 

“I wasn’t really trying to be subtle.’ Yuta laughed loudly.

 

 

“You figured it out huh?” Youngho took out his sword and at the same time Sicheng and Taeil withdrew theirs, a Nakamoto blade set that Taeyong only knew existed now.

 

“I didn’t know Sicheng and Taeil hyung had them as well.” Taeyong gasped.

 

 

“It’s a rare set of blade, Master Tatsuo only made it for our mating.” Youngho informed him. “Of course, since Master Tatsuo made this set, he had crafted a few more pairs that were not meant to meet unless fated.” Youngho said and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“But I made Yukkuri specifically for my mate.” Yuta confessed and Taeyong’s felt his inside filled with warmth and so he kissed Yuta’s cheek out of happiness.

 

 

“Ewww.” Chenle and Jisung snorted at the same time and it made both Taeyong and Yuta freeze; Dejun apologized in behalf of the prince.

 

“Like what are you now?” Chenle asked and Yuta laughed nervously.

 

 

“Mates.” Taeyong replied without batting an eyelash.

 

 

“So are we going to introduce him to the family?” Chenle asked and Taeyong was confused.

 

“Family?” Taeyong asked and Youngho laughed nervously. ‘Youngho?” Taeyong asked the alpha who laughed even more.

 

 

“Oh come on.” Chenle rolled his eyes and sat in between Yuta and Taeyong, making the alpha pout but Yuta indulged the younger omega, it’s been a while since he had been like this with kids, and Chenle is the closest he could get to kids. “Come here Jisung, Yuta hyung is comfortable.” Chenle motioned for him and Jisung limped towards them and sat next to Yuta’s other side and Yuta squealed and cuddled the boy gently, making Taeyong pout even more.

 

“Oh my gooodness hyung, why are you being jealous.” Sicheng threw him a wash cloth and it made Taeyong sulk.

 

 

“He’s your mate hyung?” Jisung asked Yuta who nodded.

 

“And he’ll protect our secret, aren’t you Taeyong?” Yuta asked and Taeyong was weak for his omega.

 

“Of course, but I need to know who I should be protecting.” Taeyong glared at Youngho who laughed nervously once more.

 

 

“You will never understand Taeyong.” Youngho said and Taeyong stood up and faced the older alpha.

 

“Try me!” Taeyong challenged.

 

 

“I will not treat any of your wounds.” Taeil reminded them but before any real challenge came, the door to the medical tent opened to reveal Doyoung being escorted by Yoonoh.

 

 

Yuta quickly took his friend and Taeil handed him some water. Yuta glared at Yoonoh who raised both hands in defense.

 

“He wanted to run some more, I told him to rest but he wouldn’t listen.” Yoonoh said and Youngho cued Taeyong to the alpha who nodded and took his cousin out of the medical tent.

 

 

“You overworked yourself?” Yuta asked and Doyoung was panting.

 

“I can’t be his spotter if I can’t keep up with him.” Doyoung huffed.

 

“Not a really smart move.” Sicheng snorted and Doyoung glared at him.

 

“Careful, you don’t want to mess with Sicheng.” Taeil reminded him and Doyoung relaxed and rested on the cot.

 

 

“Tell me Doie, you don’t feel okay.” Yuta eyed his friend and all the alphas tensed.

“Get out.” Taeil’s eyes narrowed and soon enough, Youngho was scooping Jisung to carry him on his back while Sicheng guided him out of the tent and securing it.

 

 

‘You’re entering your heat.” Taeil stated and Yuta’s eyes went wide.

 

 

“he took suppressants.” Yuta said and Doyoung writhed in pain. “No, it only means one thing.” Yuta gasped and Taeil nodded.

 

 

“His mate triggered his heat.” Taeil said and Chenle gasped next to Yuta.

 

“His mate?” Yuta asked to clarify.

 

“Yes.” Taeil nodded an affirmative.

 

“it’s not possible.” Yuta shook his head but Doyoung groaned and curled onto himself.

 

“I am afraid it’s possible.” Taeil sighed.

 

“Can’t you give suppressants?” Yuta asked but Taeil shook his head.

 

“That would be risky, it could render him infertile.” Taeil sighed

 

“We’ll just let him suffer then?” Chenle asked and Taeil sighed even more.

 

“Unless you want him to mate.” Taeil replied and that made everyone took pity on Doyoung. “I am sorry.” Taeil said and Yuta shook his head.

 

“Nobody wanted this.” Yuta assured him.

 

“But how can we hide this from Kun ge?” Chenle asked, of course they can’t say Doyoung entered his heat or rut, it will endanger the other omegas.

 

“I can pretend to be in heat while we say Doyoung hyung got some flu or something.” Dejun offered. ‘Everyone knows that I am an omega. I could pretend to forget drinking my suppressants.” Dejun added.

 

“Why would you risk yourself?” Yuta asked the younger omega.

 

 

“Because I want to be useful.” Dejun said with firm eyes. “I can’t fight, I can only take care of Chenle the best I could, but, you, and Doyougn Hyung, you can fight, you can protect this country more than I could.” Dejun felt tears form in his eyes. “I just want to feel like I am helping and not just here for decoration.” Dejun bit his lower lip and Yuta cupped his face and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

 

 

“You are useful Dejun, don’t ever say that you’re not.’ Yuta assured him.

 

 

“You are always so caring ge.” Chenle wrapped an arm around his retainer’s waist and Dejun cried with the emotions.

 

“Okay.” Taeil said and smiled at Dejun. “You could take care of Doyoung as well while you stay here. This is our best option.” Taeil said and everyone agreed. “Doyoung got a flu and will need to rest for at least 5 days, that’s all we could say about his condition and Dejun entered his heat so we will not allow any visitors, omega or alpha alike.” Taeil informed them and the three nodded. “Very well, if we want this to be believable, you two need to go out, and Yuta.” Taeil paused for a while. “Can you ask Taeyong to discretely provide any article from Yoonoh?” Taeil asked and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“I’ll do that.” Yuta assured him.

 

 

“Please take care of yourself Chenle.” Dejun hugged his prince one last time and Chenle nodded.

 

 

“I will ge.” Chenle promised him.

 

-----

 

Yuta met with Taeyong and informed him of the situation, wary of how to obtain the article from Yoonoh without the alpha noticing but Taeyong assured him that he’ll take care of it. After dealing with Taeyong, Yuta sought Ten who was still training with Kun, the two were sparring with bamboo sticks and it made Yuta smile, maybe Nakamoto’s blade is a matchmaker after all.

 

Yuta returned to the storeroom first to get the Hagane no Ken so he’ll have a reason to talk to them.  Yuta interrupted them and handed the polished blade to Kun who was gleaming with excitement at the perfection in his hands.

 

 

“Can I talk to Ten for a while your majesty?” Yuta asked and Kun nodded.

 

Ten and Yuta walked a few feet away and Yuta informed him of the situation Doyoung was in, of course it was a concern but they have to protect their friend. Yuta briefly informed him of his mate but they’ll deal with that in private.

 

 

“Is everything okay?” Kun asked and Yuta shook his head and it worried the prince. Kun approached them and Yuta sighed, ready to tell a white lie.

 

 

“Doyoung was not feeling well so Yoonoh brought him into the medical tent, we thought It was exhaustion from pushing himself too much with the exercise.” Yuta started.

 

 

“Doyoung is hardheaded that way.” Ten added.

 

“Well, it turned out to be a lot more than that, He had gotten a flu.” Yuta informed the prince. “Taeil said that it will take around 5 days for Doyoung to fully recover.” Yuta finished and Kun nodded.

 

“Can we see him?” Kun asked and Yuta shook his head.

 

“Unfortunately, Dejun forgot to take his suppressant and his heat started while he was in the same tent as Doyoung.” Yuta said and Ten gasped. “Taeil had them separated in terms of cots but it is the same tent, so any alpha who gets near may harm Dejun. And Taeil said that Doyoung may be contagious.” Yuta said and Kun understood.

 

 

“Is Dejun secured?” Kun asked, the retainer is someone dear to Kun, the least problematic of the court and the omega pretty much does his duty well.

 

 

“Yes, Sicheng and Youngho got it locked down.” Yuta said and Kun nodded.

 

 

“Very well, I guess we deserve a break.” Kun said and dismissed the two to return to his room. “Thank you for sharpening Hagane no Ken.” Kun thanked Yuta who beamed a smile.

 

 

“I will report to you tomorrow about the quality of swords.” Yuta informed him and Kun nodded.

 

---

 

Ten was pacing around their room, stressed but at the same time relieved with what Yuta had shared with him. He was happy, of course Yuta deserve a kind of alpha who would want as equal and not as a trophy mate; Yuta despised that out of all the reasons his suitors had professed.

 

“He really deserves Yukkuri.” Ten grinned and hugged Yuta who laughed and nodded.

 

 

“He does, he really does.” Yuta said and showed Ten his imprint. Ten held Yuta’s hand carefully and smiled as he admired the mark left by Taeyong.

 

“Did it hurt?” Ten asked and Yuta shrugged.

 

 

“Not that much, it is still a bite.” Yuta replied and Ten sighed.

 

“I can’t believe you and Doie found their mates.” Ten pouted and Yuta sighed and patted his back.

 

“Don’t rush, you’ll find yours.” Yuta hugged him and Ten really found comfort in Yuta’s embrace. Yuta really wanted to have kids, he loved them and his aura had been the kind mother, warm and comforting.

 

 

 

“I hope I don’t have a reason to be jealous.” the two looked at the door and saw Taeyong and Yuta rolled his eyes and patted the space next to him.

 

 

“Of course you have no reason.” Yuta chuckled.  “Ten is an omega as well.” uta explained and Taeyong sighed while Ten froze.

 

 

“I am not going to tell Kun, I promised Yuta to protect you, all of you.” Taeyong explained and Ten nodded. “Besides, Sicheng approves of you, and Sicheng is not a very friendly person.” Taeyong chuckled.

 

 

“He’s really good. I am happy that I was even given a chance to spar with him.” Ten said pushing himself away from Yuta. “Not that I am complaining with Yuta hyung.” Ten said and Yuta laughed.

 

 

‘I am not the best fighter Ten, and it’s good that you can spar with other skilled fighters.” Yuta’s voice was free from prejudice and it really was comforting. “Why don’t you test Yukkuri?” Yuta suggested and that excited Ten.

 

 

“But he has a Nakamoto blade!” Taeyong remarked.

 

 

‘Not an equal make, Sonkei will not damage Yukkuri.” Yuta assures. “It’s Taiyou that you have to watch out for.” Yuta reminded him and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Okay, let’s schedule that Ten, partner exercise?” Taeyong suggested and Yuta was excited.

 

 

“We get to team up like Youngho and Sicheng!” Yuta beamed and that made Ten nervous.

 

 

“We haven’t had that chance to practice together.” Ten confessed.

 

 

“Like we had the chance? Yuta polished Kun’s sword for hours.” Taeyong rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Hey, I can’t let my father’s blade deteriorate.” Yuta pushed Taeyong who laughed loudly.

 

 

“I forgot how to have fun.” Taeyong confessed. “It’s always been about being the feared strong alpha, I grew up to train and train some more. I never really got the chance to enoy fooling around unless it was Youngho and Kun, even Sicheng letting loose. I miss simpler times you know.” Taeyong sighed and Yuta hugged his mate and kissed his temple.

 

“You got us now, let’s enjoy every moment okay?” Yuta said and Taeyong laughed and nodded as he kissed Yuta on the lips.

 

“Gross.” Ten remarked but with no real bite.

 

---

 

Chenle went to the Medical Tent in the pretense to visit Dejun and in turn handed Taeil the shirt Taeyong gave him. It was from Yoonoh and Taeil thanked the prince and sent Donghyuck to accompany the prince as Dejun would be out of commission for a while.

 

Taeil walked to Doyoung who was crying as his temperature was rising, and the wet wash cloth that Dejun was using was not helping at all. He took out the shirt and the mere scent of Yoonoh Dilated Doyoung’s eyes and his heat wash over him.

 

“Oh my goodness, he is Yoonoh hyung’s mate.” Dejun gasped and Taeil nodded and handed the shirt to Doyoung who took it and inhaled it before he folded in himself and locking the shirt in a hug.

 

 

Dejun and Taeil gave him space but the sobs and cries from the omega were gut wrenching and painful. But the two could do nothing unless he got mated. At least the shirt helped to ease the pain the omega was feeling. Taeil told Dejun to rest, because they will have a tedious long week ahead as Doyoung’s heat intensifies in the coming days. They have to brace themselves for a battle of their own.

 

 

---

 

Ten knew he had to distract Kun, he has to find a way to make Kun focus on their training and not on Doyoung or Dejun, because the more the distance was created, the more they could keep Doyoung’s secret safe.

 

 

It was Taeyong who suggested pair exercises and Kun agreed. To be better partners means to be in tune with each other. For example, he noticed this with Renjun and Yangyang who held their own against Youngho and Sicheng. Since the two grew up together, they had really mastered each other. Of course chemistry will not be easy to achieve but they can work with it. They gathered everyone, and since Doyoung was sick, Yoonoh was partnered with Guanheng for the mean time and Youngho enlisted Sicheng, who was more than willing to participate, knowing that he wasn’t allowed near the medical tent while Donghyuck and Jungwoo observed by the sidelines in case of emergency, with Jisung sitting next to them out of necessity and Chenle because he did not have a pair.

 

“When I get better I can be your partner, but I am no expert.” Jisung nudged the prince making Chenle smile wide at that, a clumsy alpha is better than not having anything at all.

 

 

“We’ll go with basic choreograph training.” Youngho announced and allowed them to stretch, by partners.

 

Sicheng rolled his eyes at Youngho who wanted to lift him up to stretch his back but the other alpha lifted his leg up to show his flexibility and effectively challenging the other alpha.

 

“Hey, we are not all flexible here.” Yuta shouted at Sicheng who rolled his eyes but grinned as he saw mischief in Taeyong’s eyes and decided to lift Yuta’s leg up, it almost ended up in a muscle strain.

 

Taeyong earned a push and a weak punch in the shoulder but all is well after. Renjun was flexble too, having been trained in ballet aside from his kung fu training. Ten had no qualms doing splits much to the pained expressions of the others while Jaemin just plain out refuse to stretch, not until Yangyang sweet talked him into it.

 

“Whipped.” Jeno remarked and that earned him a stink eye from Jaemin.

 

 

On the other side of the court, Xuxi and Minhyung ended up laughing and rolling on the grass as they failed to do the partner stretches due to their height difference. Youngho was about to scold them but then Jungwoo and Donghyuck stood from where they were perched and walked up to the alphas, hitting them with the paper fans that they were holding before helping them stretch. Their heights balanced out and they were able to do the partner stretches without further delays.

 

“We’ll do the basic Lap Sau Drill from the Wing Chun form, an effective form for defense and efficient form of offense. This involves your upper arms, alternating the offense and defense for both partners.” Sicheng explained and Youngho stood by Sicheng’s side.

 

 

“Just follow me closed fist for attack, arm parallel to your body while your partner’s other hand pushes with the back of the hand while you bend your arm. Your partner will attack with his free hand while you block with the other hand, mirroring what he did prior.” Sicheng explained and Kun nodded, the rest, not so much.

 

“We’ll demonstrate.” Youngho laughed and went into a form.

 

Sicheng nodded and readied to attack and with a nod, the two engaged in the drill. It was a little too fast, since the two had been doing this for years, far too many hours training together to build the chemistry between them. There were groans and jaws dropped that made Youngho laugh even more.

 

 

“Hello, we are not mates here.” Ten shouted and Youngho laughed even more.

 

“Yukkuri!” Both Yuta and Taeyong shouted at the same time and they laughed.

 

“You are in sync already.” Kun laughed.

 

 

“Okay, we’ll do it slowly.” Youngho assured them and they did it very slowly at first then speed it up gradually, all by just nodding and eye contact, no words uttered and it was pretty amazing.

 

“It is still too amazing to watch.” Minhyung remarked.

 

“Youngho hyung!” Jeno called out. “Can I be partnered with Renjun?” Jeno asked and Youngho raised a brow.

 

“Complete the exercise in one go in three speeds under my command and you got a deal.” Youngho challenged.

 

“Accepted.” Jeno said and pulled Renjun to do the correct form. “We’re ready.” Jeno said and Renjun grit his teeth but then nodded.

 

“On my count.” Youngho said and clapped the timing.

 

 

Jeno and Renjun nodded and Jeno did the first move, Renjunblocking it and attacking on his own. It was  slow tempo so it was easily carried out. When the two were in a rhythm, Youngho clapped a faster rhythm, and both Renjun and Jeno carried out effortlessly. Youngho was impressed and so he clapped faster and the two smiled and did the drill in tune with the pace set for them, in sync, on time and they were having fun. Youngho was pleased, very pleased and so he clapped two times, signaling the end of the drill and the success of the challenge.

 

“That’s amazing.” Youngho remarked and allowed the pair switch up, eyeing Jaemin and Yangyang who only grinned at him so he shook his head.

 

 

The drill went on but not without minor hiccups. With Minhyung and Xuxi hitting each other by accident, to Jaemin screaming because he was afraid of being hit because he bruises easily. That got a major eye roll but the others did fair well, and eventually moved on to other drills, including blocking kicks and eventually using bamboo sticks.

 

 

Yoonoh was not as energetic as he should have been and Guanheng noted that. He stopped and confronted his partner who apologized to the younger alpha.

 

“What’s bothering you hyung?” Guanheng asked and Yoonoh sighed.

 

 

“I just feel bad that I may have pushed Doyoung hyung to extreme and he got sick.” Yoonoh answered and Guanheng sighed.

 

 

“It seems that it is Doyoung hyung’s nature to be that way, I heard from Yuta and Ten hyung that Doyoung is just that type of person, he doesnt want to disappoint people, especially you, his partner.” Guanheng comforted him.

 

“I just feel bad you know, and I can’t even check up on him.” Yoonoh said and Guanheng sighed next to him.

 

 

“I can’t even visit Dejun as well.” Guanheng said and Yoonoh’s head snapped towards the younger alpha and saw a wide smile on the handsome lad. “I like him, but I am not well versed in this courting you know hyung.” Guanheng added and it made Yoonoh laugh.

 

 

“Do you need help?” Yoonoh asked and Guanheng nodded.

 

 

“I just seem to say the opposite of what I want.” Guanheng said and that raised Yoonoh’s brow.

“I just seem to not able to express what I really want you know.” Guanheng added.

 

 

“Well, I could call you a basic whipped alpha.’ Yoonoh laughed but then winced in pain along with Guanheng when Sicheng hit them both on the head with the bamboo stick for not practicing and slacking off.

 

 

“This is not a picnic.” Sicheng said and both apologized before picking up where they left off.

 

 

-----

 

 

A/n: I had to watch Wing Chun videos to write the exercise part. Wing Chun is the foundation of the one punch that Ip Man popularizes. Just a tid bit of info for you but not really a important for the story.

I really am sorry if this is boring you.

And oh my goodness it seems that every chapter is growing and growing in word count T.T

I started with a 1k ish prologue and now this update is around 4k words. I can’t believe how I write word vomits and it spawn into this monstrosity.

Anyway, thank you to those who gave their feedbacks and thoughts on the story. I will try to make it less predictable since my sister had told me that she kind of knew where this is going and I kind of want to inject plot twists when that happens hahaha