A life for a life

I’ll make a man out of you

A/n: All accounted for I guess?

You know what will happen next right?

 

----

 

“You’re an omega.” Kun growled and Ten felt the tears fall from his eyes.

 

 

“I am.” Ten replied.

 

Kun stepped out of the alcove and looked for his soldiers. They were exhilarated by the success of the attack but when they looked at their Prince, he was not happy. Chenle had returned with Guanheng and he ran toward his brother to hug him but he was still not happy so Chenle took a step back as Kun searched for someone.

 

“Taeil hyung?” He called out and before the omega could step forward, Youngho faced Kun. “You lied to me.” Kun gritted his teeth.

 

 

“I did.” Youngho replied.

 

 

“You made me a fool Youngho hyung.” Kun was furious that he raised his sword and pointed it at Youngho who still stood tall, not fearing for his life.

 

“I did what I thought is correct.” Youngho replied and then knelt in front of the prince. “Bring death to me then.” Youngho challenged his prince.

 

 

“Don’t harm anyone but me. I lied to you.” It was Ten who stepped out of the alcove with red swollen eyes. “Punish me your majesty.” Ten firmly said and Kun charged to him, and Ten made no move to dodge it.

 

 

“What is your name?” Kun gritted as he let the tip of his blade nick the skin by Ten’s throat.

 

 

“Li Yongqin.” Ten said and closed his eyes, awaiting his fate.

 

 

“Li Yongqin.” Kun growled and Ten swear that he could fall on his knees. “Tell me more lies omega.” Kun challenged and Ten looked at the prince.

 

“Kun-ge.” Chenle called out.

 

“Stay out of this Chenle.” Kun shouted.

 

 

“I will not! I allowed it.” Chenle argued.

 

 

“Who are you with?” Kun returned to Ten but he had his lips sealed. ‘Tell me!” Kun gripped the sword tightly, ready to kill the omega.

 

 

The omegas stepped forward and faced the prince and their alphas tried to bring them back. Kun seethed as he watched the omegas that formed a line in front of him. He noticed two of them had mating marks and charged at them only for Taeyong and Yoonoh to block him and protect their mates.

 

“You disgust me.” Kun spat and then turn to Ten. “I will spare your lives because you had saved mine and the people of this land. But your betrayal will never be erased, you are as good as dead to me.” Kun sheathed his sword and walked back to his horse.

 

 

“Youngho hyung, Taeyong hyung, go back, you need to report to your fathers. The rest of you traitors, you’re no heroes.” Kun said and then left them as the horse galloped down the mountain pass, the soldiers following suit.

 

 

“Go hyung, I’ll take care of them.” Yoonoh urged Taeyong who gave Yuta a final kiss and boarded his horse to follow his prince.

 

Chenle, Youngho, Taeil, Sicheng, Jungwoo, Donghyuck and Dejun said their goodbyes as well and followed Kun, hearts heavy and tears welling up as they hugged each other tightly.

 

 

Yuta and Doyoung hugged Ten as the omega broke down in tears. “I’m sorry.” Ten sobbed continuously and it made the other omegas gather around him and cry. “I really am sorry.” Ten said but the omegas shook their head.

 

 

“Let’s treat your wound hyung.” Yoonoh said and it was Jisung who took out some antiseptic and bandages from his bag and tended to Ten.

 

 

Ten showed his shoulder to Jisung who took care of the omega as gently as he could. Jisung had learned from Taeil and Sicheng to do basic dressing, and he was grateful that he did learn because Ten needed it. The cut was not deep but Jisung was still careful not to hurt Ten. Ten was gratified to still have them but the pain that Kun caused would not be easily removed .

 

 

They decided to set up camp by the village down the Hulao pass and allow themselves to rest before they make their way back towards their homes. Ten noticed Yuta crying and he sat next to the omega and comforted the older. Yuta surely did not know what will happen to Taeyong and if Minister Lee would allow Taeyong to come back to him, or honor their mating and that broke Yuta.

 

 

“Taeyong hyung loves you.” Ten reminded Yuta who smiled bitterly.

 

 

‘I know, but he is still a son of a Minister.” Yuta cried and Ten understood.

 

 

“It will be okay hyung.” Yoonoh said, assisting Doyoung who was dizzy. “Taeil hyung said that there is high chance of pregnancy.” Yoonoh informed them and Ten was grateful Taeyong allowed his cousin to stay back for Doyoung.

 

 

“I’m okay.” Doyoung said and snuggled close to his alpha. “Are you both Okay?” Doyoung asked and his two friends nodded

 

“It’s bound to happen.” Yuta said and pulled Ten closer and wiped the tears off of the omega that Ten unknowingly shed.

 

“We cooked some food, want to join us?” Minhyung asked and Yoonoh raised a brow.

 

“You cooked?” Yoonoh teased and Minhyung formed a snow ball and threw it his cousin.

 

“Jaemin and Renjun did. Why would they let me near a fire?” Minhyung huffed making Ten laugh, it was a good distraction. “Come on, it’s cold here, come by the fire.” Minhyung said with a smile and the four nodded and joined them.

 

They saw Renjun being engulfed by Jeno while Jaemin is force feeding Jisung, the poor boy is practically being smothered by the omega. Ten ran a hand over Xuxi’s hair and the younger smiled at him and patted the seat next to him as Guanheng gave him a plate of roast meat from mountain goats they hunted.

 

 

“Will you be okay?” Ten asked and Xuxi nodded.

 

 

“Our clan knew what will happen when the prince finds out Renjun’s status.” Xuxi informed him.

 

“We’re good. Nothing’s gonna change except our little Huang getting himself a mate and breaking off an engagement with Liu’s.” Guanheng added.

 

 

“We were four!” Renjun exclaimed and Xuxi laughed.

 

 

“Look I love you Renjun but no thanks, I found my mate.” Yangyang responded and Jaemin halted feeding Jisung to kiss Yangyang on the cheek.

 

 

“What about you Jeno?” Yuta asked.

 

 

“I’m okay, my mom would throw a fit I guess but once they see Renjun they’ll clam up.” Jeno shrugged.

 

 

“I am as good as dead to my parents. I don’t really want to introduce Yangyang to them.” Jaemin remarked and Yangyang understood.

 

 

“Were they bad?” Doyoung asked and Jaemin nodded.

 

 

“I don’t want to talk about them.” Jaemin replied and everyone nodded.

 

“Don’t worry, mom and dad will like you, besides you cook well! That’s the reason they liked Renjun.” Yangyang shrugged and Renjun threw a snowball at him.

 

 

“Well deserved.” Guanheng remarked while laughing.

 

After they ate, Ten decided to walk around to clear his mind, and so he took another robe and wrapped himself to warm up, took the painting he did with Kun, then walked towards the cliff. The cold was a welcoming reprieve from the pain of being hated on, and for being rejected. That was worse, to be rejected.

 

He looked at the waning moon and felt a tear fall from his eyes, the goddess surely protected them all, but not from a broken heart. He wiped the tears from his eyes and took out his sonkei and the painting, the only connections he had with the prince, the one who stole his heart but threw it to the ground and stepped on it like a piece of rag. He held the blades tightly and cried his heart out; He was a failure. He wanted to do it, to take over the moon with Kun but surely that was not going to happen now.

 

 

He felt the wind blew a different direction and he heard a howl from the mountains. He ran towards the cliffs overlooking the Hulao pass and gasped when he saw a few men rose from the snowy grave, the Huns were alive and Xue Bao looked furious. Ten ran back to their mini camp and he roused his friends.

 

 

“Xue Bao is alive.” Ten said and Xuxi laughed at him, Minhyung too. ‘I just saw them rose from the snow and they looked furious!” Ten said and they fell silent. “I heard them, they will attack the capital!” Ten finished and Yuta held his fist tightly.

 

 

“We should go.” It was Jisung who spoke. “The princes are in danger.” He added and Ten nodded.

 

 

“We must have a plan.” Yoonoh reminded them.

 

 

“We could talk to Prince Kun, he would understand.” Yangyang suggested.

 

“I doubt he would but it’s our only chance.” Ten said and everyone nodded.

 

“If we leave now we’ll get to them before the Huns do.’ Doyoung said and they all agreed to risk their lives once more to protect the land and their emperor.

 

They all packed up and boarded their horses when Jisung found a discarded cloth. He took it and blaced it inside his bag before he boarded the horse that Xuxi was riding.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

There was a parade to celebrate the return of the princes and the people were throwing chrysanthemums towards them. The capital was alive with people and cheers, a celebration to replace the mourning of their lost princess; her death has been avenged.

 

 

“Raise your head Chenle.” Kun commanded but Chenle could not do such thing. “Do not make me repeat my order Chenle.” Kun said through gritted teeth and the younger sighed and did as he was told.

 

 

They were the land’s heroes, their savior and protector. They were the embodiment of bravery and loyalty, and Kun was the center of it. He looked at the smiles on his people’s faces, and he felt relief to have been saved them from an invasion. They marched on as proud warriors but Kun noticed the sadness especially from Taeyong, surely he misses his mate, but he will not tolerate the insolence the supposed friend did to him.

 

 

“Raise your head Taeyong hyung, your father is watching.” Kun said and Taeyong sighed as he fixed his face, a cold facade.

 

“Prince Kun.” Kun looked at the person who called him and his eyes glared at the person. “Prince Kun.” Ten called out again. “The Huns, they’re alive.” Ten said but Kun ignored him. ‘I saw Xue Bao..” Ten tried to explain.

 

“Silence.” Kun interrupted him. “We all saw them buried under the snow. Stop the lies.” Kun said and reigned his horse to move faster.

 

 

“Is that the truth?” Youngho asked him and Ten nodded. “I believe you. I will try to talk to him.” Youngho said and followed after his Prince.

 

 

“How is Yuta?” Taeyong asked him and Ten smiled.

 

‘He is doing fine, he’ll wait for you.” Ten said and Taeyong smiled at that.

 


”I will return to him, I promise.” Taeyong said and sped off.

 

 

“Keep Jisung safe Ten hyung.” Chenle said before he got whisked away.

 

 

 

Ten sighed as he returned to his group, they were at lost with Kun and they did not know how they can persuade the stubborn prince. They looked on as the festivities commenced, Lion and Dragon dancers were parading with the crowd as well as beautiful women and omegas. They danced to the beats of the drums, of the guzheng and the flutes. It was a marvel to behold and Ten, could only look from afar as Emperor Han stood to address the crowd.

 

“Our Princess Song Qian had sacrificed her life to protect us. A moment of silence for our fallen Princess.” The emperor announced and the towers released yellow chrysanthemum petals that were blown by the wind.

 

“And now to honor our prince, gallant and brave.” Emperor Han called Prince Kun who stood handsomely by his father’s side.

He who saved our lands, our crowned Prince Kun.” Emperor Han announced and the crowd cheered below them.

 

“You are not saved.” There was a growl and from the lion dancers lept Xue Bao and his men.

 

 

He took his sword and pointed at the emperor while the other men captured the princes to tie them up. “Bow down to me!” He growled but the Emperor stood still and did not bow. “I said bow down!” Xue Bao shouted.

 

 

“No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it.” The emperor replied and that made Xue Bao angrier.

 

“Tie him!” He yelled and his men did as he was told, dragging the old man to his throne room were Kun and Chenle were also tied  with swords held at their necks.

 

 

“You will all bow down to me.” Xue Bao announced. “I will be your ruler.” He announced and the crowd gasped.

 

 

“This is not happening.” Doyoung gasped.

 

 

“It is happening.” Yuta gritted his teeth.

 

 

“They locked the palace.”Yoonoh announced, coming back from his scout. “We can’t get in there.” Yoonoh announced.

 

 

“There is another way.” Ten said and gathered the omegas, this is the only way.

 

 

---

 

A/n: it’s a cliff hanger ei.

My favorite line in the movie would be the emperor saying how a mountain cannot bow to the wind so I kept it that.

 

Another mediocre fight scene will happen in next update.

 

We will end this, I can’t believe we are almost over. Thank you for supporting me in this journey, I hope I have given Justice to the Mulan story line and to Kun and Ten. I hope I have redeemed myself with how I wrote this.

 

It’s too early to say goodbye. I hope you will still join me until the end.