Blade and Blood

I’ll make a man out of you

A/n: Let’s get the battle going.

I do at writing fight scenes so please forgive me.

PS: I wrote this while I’ll Make A Man out of You was playing on repeat

 

 

----

 

Kun gathered up his men and looked them in the eyes, cold and unforgiving, never showing the fear and turmoil inside him. He looked at Youngho who nodded and Taeyong who does the same. He looked at Chenle who was dressed in battle gear, bow at hand and quiver by his side, he smiled sadly then returned to his men, brave and loyal.

 

“Today, we shall end the threat of our land, we must be victorious. Blood spilled will be a life spared.” Kun announced and the men shouted their agreement in unison. “I know you all are afraid, we all are, but the people that relies on us, and the warriors that preceded us, are all looking at us, our names in their prayers and thoughts for us to succeed, and we will.” Kun reminded them and they once more agreed in unison.

 

 

“At all cost, protect Chenle. Evacuation plans are with Sicheng.” Kun instructed the alpha who nodded. “You have your team, I trust that you will carry this out without hesitation.” Kun said and Sicheng once more nodded. “Chenle, I trust you would do the same.” Kun turned to his brother who sighed but nodded.

 

“I will brother.” He replied and that was enough for Kun.

 

 

“You know your positions, let’s head out.” Kun instructed and they all shouted before they went on to March up the Hulao pass.

 

 

Chenle was at the back of the formation with Dejun was holding his own sword, because Sicheng took the time to train the omega as well while he was in his supposed heat along side Jisung. Chenle was surrounded by archers, Guanheng, Yangyang and Jeno flagged him while Xuxi had his sword drawn out. Renjun and Jaemin were behind Chenle, making sure all bases were covered as Sicheng and Taeil were at the sides with Donghyuck, Minhyung, Jisung and Jungwoo had their weapons out, surprising everyone but Sicheng merely smirked.

 

 

“You think Sicheng hyung would allow us to come without being trained?” Donghyuck asked Minhyung who laughed, embarrassed at how he thought Donghyuck wasn’t a fighter.

 

 

“I rest my case.” Minhyung said and everyone laughed.

 

“Let’s kick some Hun butts.” Taeil spat and that really made everyone laugh.

 

“Taeil hyung, I love you but don’t ever say that again.” Sicheng said with a straight face.

 

 

----

 

 

Archers were lined up just in front of Chenle and his unit, With Doyoung leading them. It was a line of sharped eyed shooters with the likes of Junhui, Jihoon, Seokmin and Hansol. They all had their bows strung to perfect tension and quivers full of arrow. Their eyes scanned the area, attentive to the change of wind and the sounds of the mountain pass.

 

In front of them were the hoards of men who were ready to fight with their swords and spears. Doyoung searched for his mates and friends, and he saw them, flagging Kun on all sides. Yoonoh was to Youngho’s left, Kun was on Youngho’s right. Youngho held a bow with him, sword tucked safely at his waist and Kun did the same. Taeyong too had his bow out, even if he wasn’t the best unlike Youngho and Kun, he can still hold his own.

 

Yuta was next to Taeyong, Taiyou drawn out and gleaming while Ten had his own sword withdrawn, not the daggers that he was used too but those babies will see the light of day soon.

 

They all looked brave but still the fear of the battle that is upon them

 


It was a deafening silence, all they hear were their heavy breathing.

 

Until Doyoung noticed it and let his arrow flew and it hit a spear at the tip and made it fall halfway. There was a battle cry and soon enough the Huns were seen charging at them. The Archers let their arrows fly and it hit the enemies, making them fall cursing and bleeding, tainting the white snow with red.

 

Youngho, Taeyong and Kun let all their arrows fly as the front liners charged to meet with the Huns. Kun can see Xue Bao, grinning as he watched the bloodshed before him. Kun was not having any of it. As the last of his arrows were fired, Kun withdrew his sword and with a nod to his guards, they attacked.

 

Yuta and Taeyong easily worked as a team while Ten stayed near Kun. Youngho and Yoonoh partnered up, with Doyoung aiding them with his arrows. It was a clash of metal and grunts. While the Nakamoto blades shine through, piercing shields, clothes and slicing through flesh, Doyoung’s arrows landed on the heads of the enemies, protecting them from behind.

 

 

Yuta and Taeyong were in sync, without even speaking, the two moved effortlessly, killing enemies with swift calculated moves, each strike ended lives and added to the body count of the fallen enemies. Taeyong gritted his teeth as he slashed an enemy and dodging one for Yuta who followed through with ing his katana and impaling the enemy with much vigor.

 

 

Yoonoh was holding his own, though Yuta was not able to make a sword for him, he made sure that what the alpha’s using was the best that they could find and had been sharpened to it’s gleaming glory. Yoonoh kicked an enemy down before he slashed his neck, then swiftly turning to slash the approaching enemy cleanly. Youngho held two swords, one of which was his own blade and another he got from an enemy. He charged with brute force, using his both hands to wield the swords and slashed enemies left and right. They seemed to be endless in numbers but Yoonoh was determined so he used both hands, left and right, as the enemies attacked and he took them down as fast.

 

 

Deafening, the sounds of clashing metal and cries of men and women alike, fighting for their lives to make others live in peace. Ten gritted his teeth as he blocked an attacked aimed at Kun and slashed his throat. He then took a fallen Qiang and he used that, using his flexibility to stay low and attack the incoming enemies with the spear at a distance. He speared through a man and used the momentum to launch himself up in the air, doing a cart wheel and taking out the spear as he land the tip once more into an incoming enemy. Kun looked at him and smiled, they will conquer and take over the moon.

 

The prince wielded one of the most powerful swords known but he himself is a force to reckoned with. He used both hands as he through an enemy, and spearing the other behind the poor man. He then twisted the blade to make sure that they were dead before withdrawing the blade only to slash another enemy, effectively amputating their arm. He then took his blade and impaled the man so he could no longer suffer. Kun was not heartless so he gave powerful one kill blows and did not let the enemies suffer in pain. He charged and defeated enemies left and right, all while his guards stood nearby.

 

 

Doyoung narrowed his eyes, he knew that the front liners where having trouble so he looked at Sicheng who nodded and gave him permission.

 

“On guard.” Sicheng shouted and his unit paid close attention, scanning the area for threats.

 

Doyoung boarded a horse and Junhui handed him two quivers full of arrows. “Show them who’s boss.” Junhui said and Doyoung laughed before galloping towards his mate.

 

 

Doyoung rode the horse in a fast speed and with practiced ease, loaded his bow and shot arrows to his target, one landing on the back of an enemy about to strike Yoonoh. Yoonoh was surprised to see his mate but Doyoung just grinned and loaded two more arrows and let it fly towards the enemies dashing towards Kun.

 

 

“Ten, protect the prince.” Youngho shouted and Ten nodded as he dashed towards Kun abandoning his qiang and taking out sonkei, his beloved daggers.

 

Ten stabbed two enemies back to back and leaped up in the air to land next to Kun. He grinned at his partner and Kun felt like he could do anything. And it meant that because the partners are unstoppable with their force. Yuta and Taeyong were laughing as they danced around the enemies, a long line of bodies trailing after them while Youngho braved through and sliced throats and limbs one after the other.

 

 

“We can’t win like this.” Doyoung shouted and Kun looked at him and nodded.

 

 

“Take this.” Kun threw something and Yoonoh caught it and handed it to Doyoung and asked him to find a perfect position while he protect him.

 

Youngho withdrew and joined Yoonoh to protect Doyoung while Junhui dispatched horses for them.

 

 

It was all cries but Chenle had his bow on standby. He closed his eyes and with a sharp inhale he launched an arrow and somehow a man was falling from one of the cliffs.

 

“Protect Chenle.” Sicheng shouted and the archers raised their bows and flung the arrows towards the area where Chenle shot. A few of them were already charging so Yangyang was ready to withdrew his sword, but Jeno stopped him.

 

“Watch our backs, let Renjun and I take care of this.” Jeno said and Yangyang nodded.

 

“Take care of Renjun.” Yangyang said and Jeno nodded before Joining his mate and charged into the enemies.

 

 

“Taeil hyung.” Sicheng said and the healer nodded and grabbed Chenle, with Guanheng and Dejun following him to protect Chenle. But someone charged threw Taeil out of the way, blades already midstrike.

 

 

“Not on my watch!” Jisung shouted and countered the sword with his own, giving Dejun the opportunity to pull Chenle into a run and their awaiting horses.

 

 

Guanheng mounted one and Dejun helped Chenle up the horse. “Dejun Ge!” Chenle was crying but Dejun just gave him a kiss on the back of his hand before letting Guanheng rode off.

 

“He’ll be safe.” Guanheng assured him and soon enough, he saw Dejun mounted a horse that Jisung has already boarded and took the bow to shoot arrows into the approaching enemies. “he has a master archer as a mate.” Guanheng said and it made Chenle laugh.

 

 

Kun can see Xue Bao fuming with anger and he was now charging, a perfect opportunity for them to do their plans. Yuta and Taeyong already retreated but Kun and Ten where still holding their own. When they saw Xue Bao approaching, they ran back and boarded a horse just in time as Doyoung let out the arrow. Xue Bao screamed and with Fury launched an attack towards Kun who was boarding the horse, but Ten was quick so he tried to block the attack but his daggers weren’t long enough so the sword grazed his shoulder. Kun kicked Xue Bao in the face and helped Ten on his horse for them to escape, Taeyong doing the same with Yuta while Yoonoh rode the horse Doyoung was riding and Youngho got his own.

 

 

The arrow landed on the tip of a snow capped mountain and an explosion hit them. The Huns were surprised but it was too late for them as the avalanche was triggered while Kun’s army were already taking shelter under the stones. Guanheng heard the explosion so he steered the mare he was riding into a wall of stones and instructed Jisung to do the same.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Kun asked as they tried to out ran the avalanche.

 

“I am fine, steer to those rocks.” Ten said and Kun raced towards the rocks and they slotted themselves into the cracks just in time as the snow came crashing down on them.

 

 

Nature was a powerful weapon, and her wrath awakened meant no kindness. Xue Bao and his men were eaten alive by the snow, the same snow that covered the bodies of Song Qian’s army. It was a cold grave for the men who tried to invade the country but a group of cunning people stopped them with bravery and wits. The snow stopped moving and everyone, each of those surviving troops, cheered for a victory.

 

Taeyong had brought Yuta into a lip lock, their passion for each other clearly shown as they relaxed into each others’ arms while Yoonoh held his mate tightly, and he kissed the mark he had left on Doyoung, assuring him of the promise to be together.

 

 

Kun and Ten where wedged in the small alcove and their faces almost touching. They could feel each others’ breaths and smell each others’ scent. Their eyes were both looking deep into the other, and Kun noticed it, noticed the scent of an omega. Kun’s eyes widened and looked away from Ten.

 

And Ten knew, his death was eminent.

 

“You’re an omega.” The words cut through Ten and he felt his eyes welling up.

 

 

 

-----

A/n:

Again, I am not an action writer so this is what I could give you. I tried to give it a twist, but still kept the element of avalanche since this was a major turning point for the Mulan Movie.

So we will be ending the story, and I think we have around 15 chapters in total.