Let me go home

I’ll make a man out of you

A/n: So this is going to be another butchered fight scene

 

I did not intend to do another research but my mind was not listening so I ended up watching traditional dances.

 

---

 

“Concubines?” Yoonoh was flabbergasted but Doyoung gave him a pointed look. “I can’t have you go there and be molested.” Yoonoh pointed out.

 

“No one’s getting molested.” Yuta reminded Yoonoh. “We will just pose as Royal court dancers not concubines so we can all enter the palace.” Yuta clarified.

 

 

‘Do you have a better idea?” Ten asked Yoonoh who shook his head. ‘Good, now go and wheel in those drums so we can do this.” Ten said and fixed his sash, determined to rescue the emperor.

 

 

“I have to say, you all look gorgeous.’ Xuxi wolf whistled and that earned a kick in the shin from his cousin. “Ho w could you hit me!” Xuxi feigned a hurt expression.

 

“You look really pretty Renjun.” Jeno chimed and Renjun blushed at him.

 

“The audacity, I said the same thing and I got a kick on the shin.” Xuxi exclaimed then laughed as Renjun glared at him.

 

 

“Okay you two, calm down.” Ten warned then they straightened up to proceed with the plan.

 

They walked towards the entrance where a Hun was guarding. He asked for their purpose and Ten lured him with his charm. They were going to perform for the court and hinted something better after which excited the  guards but displeased the alphas. The alphas were searched for weapons but did not find anything, before letting them pass and enter the palace. Another set of guards led them inside, and Ten can see from the corner of his eyes movements and he knew it was was the medical team. Sicheng discretely blended himself into the group while Xuxi left to meet with Taeil and soon he was next to Ten and whispering to him of a master plan.

 

The throne room were filled with Huns, with Xue bao sitting on the throne. Emperor Han was kneeling by the side along with the princes, with blades aimed at their throats and hands tied with ropes. The guards and ministers were all in the same position.

 

 

“Greetings your highness.” Yuta greeted them with a bow and a stunning smile. “For our honorable Xue Bao, our court is pleased to Welcome you.” Yuta announced and Kun gritted his teeth and was about to protest when Chenle kicked him and glared at him.  Kun glared back at his brother but followed the gesture of his brother to see Sicheng amidst the group. “One of our finest voices come to greet you.” Yuta bowed and Doyoung took center and bowed to them.

 

 

“For you my grace.” Doyoung smiled shyly and he gestured for Yoonoh to play the Guzheng.

 

 

Doyoung’s voice was melodious and Xue Bao relaxed; Doyoung’s voice had that effect on everyone. After the first verse, Renjun made his way to the center as Doyoung moved back gracefully. Renjun’s Hanfu has the long sleeves so it will elegantly flow along with his movements. Jaemin made his way the same way as Renjun, hanfu similar to the other omega and the two danced to the classic Cai Wei, their moves graceful as it matched with Doyoung’s sweet voice. Every omega learned this dance since they were young so no matter if it was the first time that the two danced it together, they were incredible in sync. Guanheng started doing the drums, soft beats to compliment the guzheng. At the second stanza Yangyang played the Erhu giving the performance an ethereal feel. Jeno also played the Ruan. Renjun and Jaemin were both fluid and they looked like they were gliding on the floor, hips moving ever so elegantly and arms moving from side to side like the wind blowing. The song ended and both Renjun and Jaemin took a bow.

 

The Erhu was once again played and this time, it was Yuta who took to the center holding a fan. He opened the fan in one swift move them lowered his body a bit, grace and poised, before moving his hands, making swirls with his fan. The guzheng played and Yuta took gentle steps, showing offf the fan, flipping them side b side before extending a leg forward and bending his body a little to stretch his hands up and did a fanning motion. One step, two steps, he turned around and threw the fan somewhere and landed on Taeyong’s feet. Their eyes meet and Taeyong understood what that meant. Yuta then took new set of fans from his waist band and opened them. Unlike the previous fan, this set has longer cloth attached to the spine that it made him hod waterfalls.  Yuta took bolder and quicker steps as he maneuvered the fan to dance with him. He spun circles and made waves, all to amuse the crowd and distract them until Taeyong can slip the fan near his tied hands. Yuta bowed as he finished and there were cheers for him.

 

 

For a breather, Sicheng stepped to present his routine. Sicheng has always been graceful so it made Youngho smile as he watched one of his mate perform. There was a soft drum and Jeno played the Ruan while Guanheng churned some soft beat from his drum prompting Sicheng to hastened his move. He ran across the court and did a handless cartwheel, legs extending and gracefully landing on the ground. He moved his arms, ing one after the other before lowering his body and doing a sweeping turn, then while still turning,  he straightened up his body making the over  looking the seas turn. HE then ran fast and did a side spin just as Jisung ran to throw him a bamboo stick. The drum beats went faster and Sicheng grinned as Jisung attacked him with the stick, a choreograph drill. They proceeded to spar, showcasing windmills and flips while holding the stick.

Once the drum receded back and the guzheng once again played, it was Jisung who showcased his skills.

 

Chenle was delighted to watch Jisung broke out from his skittish self with this performance; He could see Jisung’s strengths. Jisung abandoned the stick and kicked in to the side, landing on Youngho’s side conveniently. Jisung threw calculated punches and turning before ending with a kick. Jisung smirked as he ran and did a side flip, landing in front of Chenle before winking and then bowing.

 

 

The drums sounded and for the final performance, it was Ten with the silk ribbon. He was holding two sticks with the ribbon tightly gathered, making it look like a flower bouquet. He moved to the beat of the ensemble and with practiced ease, he took light steps, graceful as he bend his body and showed off the equipment. He moved in patterns, raising his hands and waving them up in the air or low into the ground. Guanheng signaled for the change of the beat and Ten let out the bright red silk and twirled them effortlessly. He twirled around and allowed the ribbons to envelope him, entrancing everyone with the performance. He bend his body but the silk ribbons still twirled and sflouted in the air, even if he leaped and flipped, the ribbons just followed him like it was a part of Ten’s body. As the was reaching the peak, Ten smirked and he threw the silk ribbons  towards the Hun’s by Kun and chenle and the sticks lodged itself ton their chest.

 

 

 Guanheng threw his drum sticks to the guards by the door while Yoonoh took out the bow under the Guzheng and gave It to Doyoung with their arrows. Taeyong grabbed the fan and with the blade hidden in it, cut himself loose and was able to withdraw his katana to fight the huns who were holding him captive, Yuta was already next to him in an instant. Sicheng aided Yongho and together they attacked more guards while Jeno and Yangyang pried open the door to let Xuxi and the other omegas inside. Xue bao was out raged and he drew his sword to charge at the prince but Ten and Jisung were already freeing them while Taeil and the rest of the omegas took the emperor to safety.

 

 

“Hate me later, fight now.” Ten said and Kun nodded as he took his sword just in time to block Xue Bao’s blow.

 

 

Jisung took Chenle out of the room with Jaemin and Yangyang covering for him, protecting the prince from harm. Dejun who was with Chenle as he escaped grabbed his concealed daggers and threw it the incoming Huns making Chenle gasp then he grinned. Before they plan to escape.

 

 

“You insolent fools.’ Xue bao growled and he faced both Ten and Kun. The two tagged team the Hun leader, confusing the Hun and it made him more angrier.

 

He charged at Kun with force but Kun held him back, defending himself with his sword. The two were head to head and Ten wanted to help but another Hun attacked him so he tried to deflect him. The Hun was not giving up so Ten gritted his teeth and tried to push him back his daggers won’t hold much to the attacks. But he saw an opportunity so he threw one of his daggers towards the enemy who deflected it with his sword, and took the opportunity to ran kick the enemy’s leg and let him fall down. And with momentum. He took his other dagger and slit his throat.

 

 

 

Xue Bao forced Kun into a duel, and Kun was backing up, unknowingly out into the terrace where the crowd were waiting. There were gasped when they saw their prince battle the Hun leader. Kun growled as the tried to convert himself to offence but Xue Bao was strong and he did not allow a window of opportunity. Xue Bao then punched Kun and the prince was caught off guard so he fell on the floor,

 

“You’ll never win.” Xue bao growled as he prepared to kill the prince but Ten threw his dagger and it hit the back of Xue bao and his hold on his sword loosened and it fell into the floor with a resounding clang. Xue bao turned to see his attacker but he was met with Ten who was charging at him. The moment of distraction gave Kun time to stand and with his sword, he used it to decapitate the invader just as Ten’s dagger landed on Xue Bao’s chest, right where his heart is.

 

 

Seeing that their leader had fallen, the Huns fell to their knees and the imperial guards seized them. The crowd cheered as the invaders fell into the blade of their prince.

 

 

The emperor addressed the people again and with a satisfied smile, he had bowed to Ten who had had saved not only the lives of the Imperial Family, but their country.

 

 

“You are a hero.” The emperor said and Ten fell to his knees and cried.  “What is wrong my dear?” The emperor asked him and Ten looked at the people surrounding them and finally meeting the stare of Kun.

 

 

“I want to go home.” He cried and the Emperor let him stand and on his feet.

 

 

“You will go home a hero my dear.” The emperor smiled and then took off his jade emblem and wore it on the omega.

 

“But I am an omega.” Ten squeaked.

 

“Your status my dear does not define a hero, it is your heart, your courage and your loyalty that does.” The emperor said with a smile. “A hero is a hero.” The emperor said and Ten bowed before hugging him.

 

“Thank you.” Ten said and then turned to his friend who ran to him and pulled him into a hug.

 

 

‘You did amazing Ten.” Yuta told him.

 

“It’s Yongqin.” Yongqin said and Yuta smiled at him.

 

“I am so proud of you.” Doyoung said and yongqin beamed him a smile.

 

“Thank you.” Yongqin said and wiped the tears off of his face.

 

“I knew you can do it.” Youngho gave him a hug and Sicheng did the same.

 

“A perfect ten out of ten.” Sicheng grinned and gave him a tight embrace.

 

 

“Ten ge!” Chelne squealed.

 

“Please call me Yongqin.” Yongqin said and Chenle nodded.

 

“You did well ge. I aspire to be like you.” Chenle said and Yongqin felt like crying again.

 

 

“Be your own person Chenle.” Yongqin advised him and the omega nodded.

 

Yongqin gave each of his friends a hug and finally, he was face to face with Prince Kun. He fell to his knees as he bowed fully to the prince and when he rose he bowed his head. “I am sorry your majesty. I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness but please allow me to apologize.” Yongqin said and with a final bow he turned to leave.

 

Everyone looked at the omega leaving the throne room and to the prince who was still standing, eyes as cold as ice and heart as hard as marble. Yongqin tried so hard not to let the tears fall but as soon as the door behind him closed, he let the tears from his eyes. Taeyong escorted him towards an awaiting horse for him and with a salute he let Yongqqin go.

 

“Take care Yongqin.” Taeyong said and Yongqin nodded.

 

“Take care of Yuta hyung for me.” Yongqin said and waved before he rode away from the palace.

 

 

------  

 

Yongqin saw his house from a distance and he rode the horse faster. He stopped by the gate, alighted the horse and entered their house.

 

 

“Yongqin?” His mother called out and Yongqin teared up as he ran to his mother. ‘My son! You came back to us.” His mother cried and peppered his son with kisses. “Mama.” Yongqin broke down and his mother held him tightly, he remembered the warmth of his mother as comforting as it was like he never left.

 

“Yongqin?” Mr. Li called out and when he saw his son, he limped and hugged his son, shedding tears as he held him tightly.

 

“I am sorry baba.” Yongqin apologized and pushed himself off of his father to kneel and do a full bow. “I am sorry.” HE cried out and took off the Jade emblem of the emperor. “Please forgive me.” He offered the emblem but his father ignored the emblem in favor of enveloping his son in his comfort and love.

 

 

“I am just relieved that you are back safe, my precious son, you are our everything.” Mr. Li said and kissed his son’s forehead as a sign of affection. “You made us proud.” Mr. Li said and Yongqin just held him tightly.

 

 

The Li’s returned to normalcy, and Yongqin enjoyed his time with his parents. Doyoung returned to their village the two days after his return with Yuta. They met by the yard once more but this time, they talked about what the future holds for them. Doyoung and Yuta are now mated and the cousins, Taeyong and Yoonoh, will be officially meeting their families and offer their dowries.

 

 

“Yoonoh wanted to give me that grand wedding that I deserve.” Doyoung puffed his cheeks.

 

 

“That’s moderate Doie, Taeyong’s telling me he would design our wedding robes and went on to saying that the his mom was ready to invite the two towns over for our wedding.” Yuta grunted.

 

 

“Why are you both sulking over getting married?” Yongqin asked.

 

“It’s too excessive!” Doyoung replied. “It’s okay to have a modest wedding, we know how powerful and wealthy their families are but do they need to parade their wealth?” Doyoung asked and Yuta agreed.

 

 

“I am afraid the minister of defence will send troops here to guard the entrances of our villages.” Yuta whined and Yongqin agreed that it would be too excessive.

 

“What about you?” Yuta asked and Yongqin sighed.

 

“I’ve decided to meet with the match maker.” Yongqin said and it made both friend sigh.

 

‘you sure?” Doyoung asked and Yongqin nodded.

 

“No use waiting for someone that clearly won’t come.” Yongqin sighed and smiled at his friends. “I am scheduled for next week, at least someone is interested in me.” Yongqin laughed but it did not reach his eyes.

 

“You’ll get your happy ever after Yongqin.” Doyoung assured him.

 

 

When Taeyong and Yoonoh came to give their dowries it was nothing short of a spectacle. There were soldiers lined up on the streets and a band playing ahead of the procession. Yongqin was wide eyed while both Yuta and Doyoung face palmed at the show of the cousins. Speaking of the cousins, Taeyong and Yoonoh were both proudly riding their horses, medal from the imperial court hanging on their necks and smiles on their faces. They alighted their horses and bowed in respect to Mr and Mrs. Nakamoto as well as Mr. And Mrs. Kim. They saluted to Yongqin before they were ushered in to the respective households.

 

Yongqin sighed as he went back to his room and took out his daggers. The sonkei was the reminder of his heart achd but he still loved the blades, for they are the also proof of his bravery and loyalty. He took out the Hanfu that his mother had picked out for his date with the matchmaker tomorrow, and admired it. It was a white hanfu with blue detailed word that looked like a precious porcelain. HE wondered if his mate would really like him and treasure him like a porcelain; well that was his worry for tomorrow.

 

 

----

 

Yongqin was already beautiful as he is, but dolled up and dressed in the prettiest Hanfu, no single alpha could resist the charm of the omega. Doyoung and Yuta were beaming proud of their friend while Yoonoh and Taeyong were threatening to make the alpha pay if he does not accept Yongqin as his mate.

 

Yongqin walked gracefully towards the matchmaker’s house and he was welcomed by the old lady with a kind smile. He was led to a room where a part of the room was closed off with partition. The matchmaker, Lady Ang, made him sit by the low table fronting the partition while Lady Ang sat by his left  side. Young ladies then brought in a tray of Tea set, a beautiful blue and white set, and expensive Da-Hong Pao tea leave. The ladies then removed the partition but Yongqin was not allowed to look at his potential mate.

 

“To show your competence as an omega, prepare tea for your mate” Lady Ang instructed and Yongqin nodded.

 

 

With graceful hands, he opened the tea pot and then took the kettle from the coal stove that was on his right side, holding the sleeves of his hanfu with his left hand to not let if touch the kettle and catch fire, and filled the pot with the hot water. He closed the tea pot and poured more ht water on the outside of the pot to warm it up. He returned the kettle back to the stove and he proceeded to place a filter on the tea pitcher before pouring out the hot water into the small container. Once the water has been poured into the pitcher, he took out the filter and poured water into two cups, warming up the cups in the process. He then took a wooden thong and used them to pour out the water into a receptacle.

 

 

He then took the bamboo scoop and opened the Tea jar, he scooped an ample amount of the tea leaves and placed it inside the teapot assisted by a funnel. Yongqin repeated pouring the water into the pot and transferring it to the pitcher then cups before discarding the water. The first steep is done to wake up the tea leaves and would not have any flavor. He repeated it two more times, and the last being the final steeped tea, with the perfect flavor and temperature. He took a bamboo thong to place the cup into the coaster on a separate tray and stood up carefully to serve it to his future mate.

 

 

The young lady assistants parted the bead curtains to let him enter the adjacent room and without looking at the alpha seated, he placed the tray of tea on the low table and bowed his head low. The alpha took the offered cup and drank it, a smile and dimple appeared on his face.

 

 

“One of the best tea I’ve drank.” The alpha spoke and Yongqin’s head shoot up to see the Crowned Prince. “Why don’t you taste it?” Kun as asked and Yongqin took the cup with shaky hands and drank it, but then he slammed the cup down forcefully, stood up and left the room in a haste.

 

 

 

-----

 

A/n:

Of course I have to add in Sicheng dancing in there, we gotta see more of him showing off his skills!

 

The scene with the matchmaker was at the start of the Mulan Movie, but I intended it to be at the end of the story because I like that kind of plot, that Ten willingly went to the matchmaker instead of being forced.

 

The Hanfu design was actually inspired by Jay Chou’s song Blue porcelain. It is a very beautiful song btw.

 

I researched  Chinese Tea Ceremony as well because what we saw in Mulan was not accurate and I wanted that partiicular culture  to be appreciated because there is beauty in it similar to the Japanese Tea Ceremony.

 

Hang in there, we are getting our ending soon ^^

 

 

*Erhu - Classical Chinese instrument similar to the violin

*Ruan - Classical Chinese instrument similar to a guitar.

 

*Cai Wei is a poem that was translated into a traditional dance. It has the same dance movements that are very graceful like goddesses dancing.