Take Over The Moon

I’ll make a man out of you

A/n: Hello people, we will move forward with the rest of the story.

I know Kun and Ten are going slowly but please be patient with them, I have plans for their mating

Sorry if you are getting bored at the pace.

 

---

Kun was worried, with Yoonoh and Doyoung getting sick, he was afraid for an outbreak, but thankfully Taeil informed him that the two were getting better.

 

Ten was currently sat on a stool and was dabbing paint on a scrap piece of cloth, something that Kun noticed the other did when he had time. He had seen Taeyong do the same thing with his robes, but Ten’s art is much more defined and sophisticated compared to Taeyong’s abstract art; Probably because Ten uses black and a little bit of red as his main colors while Taeyong vomits rainbows and call it art.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Kun asked and Ten moved a little to show him his work.

 

 

The art was a black outline of a moon, with a winged bird like creature flying towards it with stars accompanying it.

 

 

“What is this supposed to be?” Kun asked and Ten beamed a smile.

 

 

“Take over the moon.” Ten said and Kun raised a brow at him. “Have you heard of the tale of the moon palace and goddess that dwells on it?” Ten asked and Kun nodded. “I want to go there and marvel at her beauty.” Ten explained further and it made Kun laugh.

 

 

“You just want to admire her beauty?” Kun asked and Ten nodded.

 

 

‘I can’t win over a goddess can I?” Ten asked and Kun nodded. “I admire her affinity and loyalty for her husband.” Ten added.

 

“That is a fitting description of the moon goddess.” Kun admitted. ‘You sure have deep thoughts Ten, and it reflects on what you do. You are as mysterious as the moon.” Kun smiled at him and Ten was sure his heart stopped beating for a second.

 

Sure he was strong and he fights like an alpha, but deep down, he is still an omega who can appreciate the charms of an alpha, especially that of Prince Kun. If there is attraction, he surely has one for the prince, a big fat attraction that he won’t be able to deny.

 

 

“Can I add something?” Kun asked and Ten gave him the paint brush.

 

Ten watched as Kun wrote something on the cloth with the brush. Kun’s calligraphy Is just like what any monarch would do, fine and strong with grace, truly fitting of a prince. Ten watched as Kun painted with utter concentration, and that brought a smile on Ten’s face, he could indulge on those moments can’t he?

 

 

“There.” Kun said with a smile and looked at Ten who was smiling at him. It was breathtaking, how Ten glowed with the light of the afternoon sun. It was really an understatement how beautiful Ten is, very unusual for an alpha but really, Ten is just that beautiful. “What do you think?” Kun asked and Ten looked at the cloth and smiled wider.

 

The phrase written was the title given by Ten. It blended well with the drawing that Ten hand made, it was a masterpiece and Ten could cry because it felt like it’s a mating gift, but he could only day dream of that probability.

 

“Very princely of you.” Ten teased and Kun laughed.

 

“At least that was put to good use.” Kun said and Ten laughed, He could live with this.

 

 

----

Taeil coughed before he knocked on the partition then entered to check on Doyoung and Yoonoh, with Sicheng following because you can never be too sure with a newly mated pair. Taeil smiled as he looked at Doyoung’s peaceful face, tucked into Yoonoh’s neck, while the alpha had a protective arm around him.

 

Sicheng placed the food tray by the small side table while Taeil checked the temperature of the two with the back of his hand. They still had the fever, a probable residual of their heat and rut. Taeil then checked their pulses and found that Yoonoh was fairing well, but there was something peculiar with Doyoung’s pulse. Taeil’s eyes narrowed and he sighed, of course it was bound to happen when mating.

 

Sicheng made Taeil take a step back before he shook Yoonoh awake. The alpha growled protectively when he saw Sicheng but the latter was prepared so he growled back, asserting that he was already mated and protecting his own mate.  

 

 

“Sorry.” Yoonoh uttered.

 

 

“It’s okay, I understand.” Sicheng shrugged and pointed to the food tray.

 

Yoonoh gently awoken Doyoung who pouted when his sleep was disturbed. The lethargy is normal for the omegas who used up too much energy during mating. Doyoung rubbed his eyes and when he was a bit awake now and noticed his audience, he drew his robes and blanket closer to his body.

 

“I’m sorry for looking like this.” Doyoung bowed his head but both Taeil and Sicheng dismissed him.

 


”No worries, eat up and restore your energy.” Taeil told him and Yoonoh was quick to get the food tray to feed Doyoung. “Your fevers are going down, it may take around 2 more days before the both of you can go back to training.” Taeil said then looked at Doyoung fondly. “I hope that you both are aware of the consequence of mating.” Taeil said and both Doyoung and Yoonoh nodded. “It is too early to tell Doyoung but there is a high chance of pregnancy.” Taeil said and Doyoung nodded.

 


”I understand.” Doyoung nodded. “I’ll just have to be careful then.” Doyoung responded and took the food offered by Yoonoh.

 

“We’ll take it easy for now.” Yoonoh assured everyone and Sicheng nodded.

 

 

“Very well.” Sicheng said and left with Taeil to give them privacy.

 

 

“You don’t have to take care of me.” Doyoung said to Yoonoh but the alpha shook his head.

 

 

“Let me do it, allow me to spoil my omega okay?” Yoonoh said and Doyoung snorted.

 

 

“You sound cheesy.” Doyoung remarked.

 

 

“But tell me Doyoung, who are you really?” Yoonoh said and Doyoung sighed.

 

“You need to know the truth.” Doyoung uttered and asked for some water. “I’m Kim Dongyoung, omega but my father had trained me and my brother just the same. My brother got injured after his last battle, and I will not allow my father to go into battle, so I stepped up to enlist in his stead.” Doyoung said and Yoonoh smiled.

 

 

“Ah, would you like me to call you Dongyoung?” Yoonoh asked and Doyoung shook his head. “Can I call you bunny then?” Yoonoh asked and Doyoung glared at him. “Oh how cute is my bunny.” Yoonoh cooed and it irritated Doyoung more. “come on bunny, you look like a bunny, my bunny.” Yoonoh kissed his cheek.

 

 

“And you are puppy.” Doyoung huffed but it was too cute so Yoonoh kissed him on the lips.

 

 

“You are one mushy alpha.” They both turned to the voice and it was Taeyong with a smiling Yuta.

 

“And you’re not?” Yoonoh challenged making Yuta laugh.

 

 

“He’s really not much different.” Yuta replied and went to sit on the bed, Doyoung instantly moved close to him and enjoyed his warm hug.

 

 

“Don’t even think of hurting my mate Yoonoh.” Taeyong warned and Yoonoh’s brows furrowed but Yuta showed his wrist that made both Doyoung and Yoonoh gasped.

 

“You?!” Yoonoh instantly hugged his cousin like an excited puppy.

 

 

“You do look like a puppy.” Yuta remarked making Yoonoh glare at him.

 

 

“And you do look like a bunny.” Taeyong commented making Doyoung puff his cheeks in retaliation. Taeyong then turned his attention to Yoonoh. “Taeil and Sicheng had to risk their lives to protect this secret, Doyoung and Yuta lied about their status and once Kun finds out, it will be the end for everyone involved in this web of lies.” Taeyong told his cousin who took in the severity of their status.

 

 

“I am willing to risk everything.” Yoonoh said with conviction and that was enough, he will do everything to protect everyone he loves.

 

-----

 

Kun was busy reading reports when Youngho entered his room with news from Princess Song Qian’s unit. The report was not good and they would need back up, the Huns were a force too great to defeat on their own. Kun crumpled the report and instructed Youngho to be prepared, they will depart in three days.

 

Yoonoh and Doyoung had thankfully recovered by that time and Dejun had a relatively problem free eat, much to the relief of Kun. They packed their camps and headed their way to the Mountain ranges, targeting the village at the foot of Mt. Song where the Hulao pass was located, the snow covered passage served as a short cut from the province to the central capital where the Forbidden City is located.

 

Kun noticed how Yoonoh was more protective of Doyoung and the same as Taeyong with Yuta, but he chucked it up to being partners, and that connection is needed especially now that they are going into a real battle. Chenle, even though Kun was still adamant that he should not come, was flagged by the Huang cousins. They made their way and along the way, they met villagers who bowed at the princes, with Chenle waving like the true Omega Royal that he was raised and Kun bowing his head a little but back still straight as he rode his horse gallantly.

 

 

Youngho was by the front, with Taeyong and Yuta protecting Kun, while Ten was just behind the prince. Sicheng was at the back, with Doyoung, Yoonoh, Jeno and Renjun to protect the back where the medical unit was while the rest was in the middle where Chenle was.  It was an effective scheme and one that they utilized effectively. There were no major hiccups to their journey, not counting the time grandmas trying to show off their granddaughters and mothers trying to stuff them with hot buns because they were too skinny.

 

The village by the Hulao pass however was not what they expected. Despite the snow that covered the village 24/7, it had thrived in the past years. What they saw was ruins, a ghost town. There were arrows on the ground and the thick layer of snow covered the blood of their people, murdered by the enemies.

 

Kun frantically searched for survivors, with others helping the prince, but to their dismay, Youngho handed the prince the helmet of the fallen princes and her Blade, the same Nakamoto blade forged when she presented as an alpha. Yuta’s eyes watered at the sight of the metal, it was the blade that made his father famous, a blade as strong as the woman who wielded it.

 

 

“No, my sister.” Kun fell on his knees, clutching the helmet of the princess, whose heart had been big to care for her people, yet strong to defend them. Chenle was crying while Dejun held him tightly, of course the omega has a weak spot for his sister, who had been a symbol of balance to the country, an alpha who is strong and brave and a woman who nurtured life and held hands of children with tender grace.

 

Song Qian, a princess worth the title given to her, a princess who sacrificed everything to protect her people.

 

 

Kun instructed a group of soldiers to return the prince back to the palace, for the people to mourn for her properly, and to honor the bravery of a warrior that she deserve. The soldiers did as they were told, hurrying themselves with their mission.

 

 

“What are your plans your majesty?” Taeyong asked.

 

 

“We will fight Xue Bao and avenge our people. We will protect them and set this land free from the threat of the Huns.” Kun said through gritted teeth and Youngho saluted.

 

 

“Yes General.” Youngho shouted.

 

 

Kun hated it, hated that he is now general since his sister had passed, but he had to do it because no one can protect the land just him and his soldiers, their last hope.

 

“I am counting on you captain.” Kun said and Youngho nodded.

 

Kun then turned to his army and saw fear in their eyes. He too feared for what was in store for them, but he had to face them no matter what. He was unsure, he was not confident but he knew he had nothing right now but the courage and loyalty of these men before him.

 

 

“Xue bao had done something vile to our country and people; and they deserve punishment. An eye for an eye, a life for life.” Kun addressed his soldiers. “They maybe many, but we have the heart to fight them, and a family to return to.” Kun said and they all shouted. “We will give honor to our ancestors, we will fight for the innocent!” Kun roared and everyone followed him.

 

 

“Prepare yourselves soldiers, we are going to end the war.” Kun said and everyone cheered yet they all knew what the order entailed.

 

 

This perhaps will be the last night they’ll see each other.

 

For their country

 

For their People

 

For Power

 

For Honor

 

 

 

 

---

 

A/n: This is one of the shorter updates but I mostly dealt with a turning point to our story.

 

 

 I really wanted to have Kunten a piece of their own, and the painting was inspired by Ten’s sketches and Kun’s penmanship. Kun’s old style writing is akin to that of calligraphy so I used that to have this scene specific for KunTen. This is something that I want to give to kunten shippers because you waited so long but I am still building up kunten to the best of my ability. And you know I gotta use Take over the moon as the theme of the painting, because I love the moon, and that album concept is just too good.

 

I used the Hulao pass and Mt. Song because I wanted it to be at least geographically correct.

 

I am sorry for killing Song Qian ( I love you vic!) but in the original Disney movie, General Li (Shang’s father) died, so I had to kill Kun’s kin of sort.

 

Even though this is going on different directions, we are still taking inspirations from Mulan, both in the historical and Disney Versions, so plot wise, I am sure you know where we will end ^^

 

*Xue bao - Blizzard. I just thought that i would use a fictional character for a villain and used a translator for the word.

 

I apologize as well if this is boring you.