Yin and Yang

I’ll make a man out of you

A/n: Yuta meets Kun face to face. And we get to have a bit of Luwoo and Markhyuck, and if we’re lucky, maybe some xiaodery

 

---

It was early, the sun was barely letting out light, and two celestial bodies meet at this opportune time, the sun and moon aligns just as two people meet at the field.

 

 

“You’re early.” Yoonoh said and Doyoung grinned.

 

“Well, I couldn’t disappoint the person I need to protect.” Doyoung responded and it made Yoonoh smile.

 

 

“Aha, I like the spirit.” Yoonoh replied.

 

They did some stretches before they took off into a jog, slow and easy, before they took off into a run. The sun was letting out his rays and the moon was now slowly hiding, but the two continued to run, to build endurance. Doyoung stopped first and Yoonoh handed him water, still impressed that Doyoung outrun his expected distance.

 

 

----

 

Yuta met the prince inside the store room. Yuta noticed the handle of the blade on the prince, a masterpiece his father created for the dynasty as the gift on the presentation of the Alpha Prince Kun. It was made of the best steel, comparable to a katana but was molded for the prince who would prefer a sharp blade and medium length, a beautiful forge with 1 million layer damascus, explosion pattern, and an etching of the Dynasty’s seal. Yuta remembered working on it with his father, despite  being newly presented as an omega, Tatsuo did not let the status interfere with Yuta’s training and passion for forging.

 

“Taeyong informed me of your observation.” Kun said and Yuta nodded. “Nakamoto Yuta right?” Kun asked and Yuta nodded.  “You were never introduced by your father.” Kun inquired and Yuta nodded with a smile.

 

 

“To protect the Nakamoto name.” Yuta answered, not a lie. “The blades my father forged had been famous, but it took a lot to create, and he did not want to force me to take over the craft.” Yuta explained further, a white lie.

 

 

“I see.” Kun withdrew his sword and Yuta took into a deep breath as it was pointed at him. “So you do recognize this blade.” Kun asked with strong unwavering stare and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“Of course, it was a blade of my apprenticeship.” Yuta confessed, a truth. “A blade worth the name of the prince, a strong steel and sharp blade laid with gold, Hagane no Ken, the embodiment of Qian Kun.” Yuta replied and Kun nodded, the blade he had was named after him, the blade is him.

 

 

‘Very well.” Kun smiled, of course, he had not only gathered the elite fighters but the masters of their generation. He then handed the sword to Yuta to inspect.

 

Yuta looked at the blade closely, eyes focused on the structure of the metal, the polish and the sharpness. He skimmed his finger on the surface, and ticked the edge a couple of times, there were minor rolls but could be fixed by grinding. The blade was still impossibly straight and there were no warps. This delighted Yuta, the blade was used extensively but it was well taken care of.

 

“It was used well your majesty.” Yuta remarked. “A few nicks and rolls but in pristine condition.” Yuta said honestly.

 

“That’s fairly new, your friend gave that.” Kun said and Yuta laughed, of course, a Nakamoto blade will only be damaged by another Nakamoto blade.

 

 

“Ten’s blade is another Nakamoto blade; the same metal forged 2 blades, Hagane no Ken and Sonkei” Yuta revealed. “The former was the gift to the Prince and latter was a gift to a friend as my first work. Your birthdays are just 2 months apart.” Yuta explained. “And never have we thought that the two blades will meet, essentially, the only blade that can break each other.” Yuta finished.

 

“I am really impressed.” Kun exclaimed.

 

“I can sharpen this.” Yuta said and Kun was delighted.

 

“I expected nothing less.” Kun said and left Yuta to do his magic.

 

---

 

Ten read the scroll that he was given and snorted, out of all the people he got to be partnered with, it was Kun himself. He did not know if this was deliberate since Kun sparred with him or just some coincidence. He suited up and put on his scent blocker and met the prince for their official meeting as partners.

 

He took out his daggers, polished and gleaming, checked them and tucked them safely by his waistband then strolled out into the field where he knew his partner was waiting. True enough, Kun was already standing by the training field but Ten noticed how the Hagane no Ken was missing from the prince.

 

“You’re just in time.” Kun smiled and Ten noticed how truly handsome the prince was, and the training that was imposed on him had made him mature, lethal but all the more breath taking.

 

Ten willed his omega to calm down, he doesn’t want to reveal himself this early, not when he got the chance to work with one of the strongest alphas of their country.

 

 

“I don’t want to set a bad impression.” Ten replied.

 

“Sorry to disappoint but we’re not clashing swords for now.” Kun informed him and Ten understood, the prince doesn’t have his sword with him. ‘Your daggers did damage to my sword.” Kun explained and Ten grinned.

 

 

“It is true then, the Nakamoto blade has a match, a Nakamoto blade of equal make.” Ten told him and Kun nodded.

 

“It seems so. Why don’t we take a run first, let me check your endurance.” Kun suggested and Ten nodded, it’s not a bad start, and he needed to bulk up his endurance.

 

 

“So did you train for long range as well?” Kun asked as they traversed the camp perimeter.

 

 

“No, I prefer the close contact. I am flexible so I use that to my advantage.” Ten replied and Kun nodded. ‘And you, your majesty?” Ten asked and Kun took in a deep breath.

 

 

“Just Kun please, you are my partner.” Kun smiled a little. “I am trained in any weapon and fighting style, Doyoung’s brother had trained me and my siblings in archery, the blade I wield is from the Nakamoto, Youngho hyung had monitored my training since I could remember, earned a black belt in kungfu and wushu after getting whipped in the by Sicheng, and learned Taekwondo with Taeyong.” That was a mouthful.

 

“That’s a long list.” Ten admitted, it was an impressive repertoire.

 

 

“I prefer archery though.” Kun said with a chuckle.

 

“You did amazing against Chenle but you hesitated.” Ten remarked.

 

 

“You’re observant.” Kun gave him that. “I gave my brother a chance to prove himself. He is a warrior after all.” Kun’s eyes hardened as he took deep breaths. “But he is still an omega.’ Kun emphasized.

 

 

That hit hard, Kun still had the pretense that omegas are lesser in status and it made Ten frown, the bitterness on his tongue was unpleasant. “There are things that should be changed, perspectives and beliefs will need to bend like bamboo to grow resilient and strong.” Ten said and that was a little odd of comparison for Kun.

 

 

“Bend?” Kun stopped and faced Ten who was surprised about the action of the prince. “This nation was built because of those beliefs, the foundation that made this country formidable. To bend them? That is absurd.” Kun said and returned to running.

 

Ten sighed, of course, the alpha beliefs of Kun were strongly ingrained in him, but he will not give up. This is just the start, he will have opportunities to bend Kun’s beliefs.

 

 

---

 

“Yin and Yang?” Jaemin asked and Yangyang nodded.

 

“The Yin energy comes from the omega, That’s Renjun. And Yang energy comes from the alpha, that’s me. Yangyang.” Yangyang beamed a smile and it made Jaemin laugh loudly.

 

“You’re funny.” Jaemin remarked.

 

Jeno and Renjun looked at the two with disgusted face, clearly the two were flirting.

 

“I can’t stand this, it’s disgusting.” Renjun exclaimed.

 

“I second that.” Jeno replied next to him. “So, you work really well with Yangyang.” Jeno told the omega who was surprised but beamed a smile.

 

 

“Thank you. We trained hard for that. There’s a truth behind the Yin and Yang.” Renjun said and got into a stance, ready to attack Jeno. “Yangyang is unpredictable, harsh and impatient.” Renjun said. “But the Yin balances him, I am his Yin, trained since we were four, we memorized each aspect of other” Renjun finished and charged towards Jeno who was ready and blocked it easily.

 

“I am not just an archer, I can do fist fight.” Jeno informed Renjun.

 

“I know, that’s why I am challenging you.” Renjun smirked and launched another kick, flying mid air before landing a solid kick to Jeno’s stomach.

 

Jaemin gasped and ran towards his friend but Yangyang held him back. “This is a battle between a yin and Yang.” Yangyang informed him and Jaemin was confused.

 

 

“You just said that you are the Yang to Renjun’s Yin.” Jaemin asked.

 

 

“Yeah, I was.” YangYang grinned. “We were trained to be each other’s partner, but a true mate doesn’t need training, the recognition of the Yin and Yang comes naturally.” Yangyang explained and Jaemin’s eyes went wide as he watched Jeno react to Renjun’s attack, blocking them effectively then changing the pace for Renjun to go on defense.

 

Jeno managed to take down Renjun but not for so long, because Renjun pushed Jeno and was able to straddle him, reversing their position.

 

 

“Guess I will need to master Archery instead.” Yangyang shrugged and Jaemin laughed and nodded.

 

 

“We’ll need to learn together then.” Jaemin remarked.

 

“Sure then partner.” Yangyang hold out a fist.

 

 

“Not gonna call me your Yin?” Jaemin joked but raised his fist.

 

 

“You gotta earn that title honey.’ Yangyang said and instead of a fist bump, Yangyang took Jaemin’s hand and kissed it, the omega blushed scarlet.

 

Both Renjun and Jeno were breathing hard but smiles bloomed on their faces as they looked at each other in recognition. They broke apart and Renjun helped Jeno stand up, but they never let go of each others’ hands, held it even tighter and Jeno pulled Renjun closer to his body and inhaled his scent.

 

 

“Hate to break it to you guys, but I don’t want Xuxi ge and Guanheng ge to chop off my head before I can mate, so please step away from Renjun.” Yangyang said and the two broke apart.

 

“Interesting concept. Yin and Yang.” Jaemin grinned at the two.

 

“Well it could be Min and Yang now.” Yangyang insinuated and it made Jaemin laugh so loud as he flushed once more.

 

 

“I like the sound of that.” Jaemin replied.

 

 

----

 

Xuxi was glaring at his partner and the other alpha was glaring back just as strongly. They were supposed to be partners but it seems like it would take a whole lot to make them see eye to eye.

 

 

“They gave me a pipsqueak!” Xuxi exclaimed at that did not sit well with Minhyung.

 

“Excuse me? You did not just call me a pipsqueak.” Minhyung barked back.

 


”What if I did?” Xuxi challenge, one brow raised.

 

 

“You’ll regret that mister.” Minhyung huffed and took out his Jiang, a perfect length for him.

 

 

Xuxi’s face hardened and he too took out his dao, bigger than Minhyung’s Jiang but it suited him perfectly. Both alphas gripped the handle tightly and with a battle cry, both charged at each other.  There was no holding back as the two fought for their pride, they will not stop until one of them is down and begging for their life.

 

A struck, powerful blow and Minhyung found his leg bleeding but it did not deter the alpha because he fought harder and a slash managed to make Xuxi’s arm bleed. This was getting more exciting, the two are breathing hard but the adrenaline was pushing them to continue. One more cry and a charge will decide the top but two arrows landed before them, and they looked at the person who released it, Guanheng.

 

 

“You are partners, not rivals.” Youngho shouted beside Guanheng, the trainer was partnered with the sniper of an archer. “Get your together.” Youngho barked at them and the two bowed then made their way to the medical tent just as the oldest alpha let out a sigh.

 

 

“They seem to be equally matched.” Chenle laughed next to Youngho and that made the alpha more frustrated than he is.

 

“Minhyung was supposed to be his spotter.” Youngho said and Chenle grinned.

 

“I could be a spotter.” chenle suggested but Youngho shut that down.

 

 

“That’s for Kun decide. He’s generous enough to let you train.” Youngho turned to the prince. “Now shoot me perfect tens.” Youngho instructed and Chenle huffed but took his bow from Dejun and started testing out the tension before shooting the target.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Dejun looked up from where he was seated under the shade of the tree and was surprised to see Guanheng.

 

 

“Oh, yes I am.” Dejun tried to smile.

 

 

“You’re not really meant for this.” Guanheng said and Dejun was taken aback, that was rude. Guanheng saw the change in Dejun’s face and quickly apologized. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to insult you, it’s because you look really out of place here.” Guanheng added and it made Dejun frown. “I mean, you’re very pretty, and this …” Guanheng gestured to the place. “It’s not a place for a flower like you.” Guanheng said and that made Dejun huff. He stood up and grabbed Guanheng’s bow and stepped next to Chenle and took one of the arrows on the side and loaded it.

 

But Dejun wasn’t trained to fight unlike Chenle; Dejun was trained to take care Chenle, nurture him and provide him the comfort of an omega. So when he released the string, the arrow merely flew pathetically and then landed a few feet in front of him. It made Chenle laugh loudly, Youngho joining the prince, and it flustered Dejun who threw the bow back at Guanheng then stomped off.

 

 

“Hey, I can teach you!” Guanheng called out.

 

“Leave it.” Dejun said but Guanheng jogged to catch up and flashed him a dazzling smile.

 

“I can teach you, come on, you’re not half as bad.” Guanheng held his wrist and led him back towards the field where Chenle and Youngho were both looking at him with smug expressions on their faces.

 

 

Dejun ignored them and listened to Guanheng. “Can I touch you here? I just want to correct your posture.” Guanheng informed him and Dejun nodded while he blushed. Guanheng then told him how hold the bow, and corrected his posture.

 

 

“Hey, eyes on the target, nothing less than a ten.” Youngho said and leaned in to whisper on Chenle’s ears. “And we’ll get Dejun a boyfriend.” Youngho whispered and that made Chenle nod enthusiastically.

 

 

----  

 

Minhyung and Xuxi were faced with two very breathtakingly beautiful omegas but the scowls on their faces told a very different reception that they’ll receive.

 

 

“You were supposed to be partners not enemies.” The taller of the two said and pulled the taller of the alphas to one cot to treat the bleeding arm. Xuxi may have screamed a little louder because the grip of the omega was tight, and that it was around his wound.

 

 

Minhyung did not even have time to laugh as he was pulled on the adjacent cot, his leg dragging and bleeding. They called for someone, Jisung they believed, who gave them clean wash cloths and basins with warm water, one at a time because the kid was still nursing his sprains.

 

 

“He’s injured.” Minhyung remarked.

 

 

“Of course he is. Thanks to you alphas who don’t even regard others, just your own selfish selves.” Donghyuck responded as he tore Minhyung’s pants to clean the wound. Minhyung hissed as Donghyuck cleaned the wound, not lightly with how much pressure he was feeling.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Minhyung said and Donghyuck sighed.

 

 

“You two should be working together not against each other.” Donghyuck glared and Minhyung nodded and smiled.

 

“Sorry.” He repeated.

 

 

‘Say that to your partner, not me.” Donghyuck replied and finished dressing Minhyung’s wound then straightened himself to clean up.

 

 

‘It’s not even deep.” Jungwoo rolled his eyes as he treat the wound, not as carefully as he usually does because this idiot of an alpha decided to get hurt for useless pride.

 

“It still hurts.” Xuxi replied.

 

“Not my problem.” Jungwoo replied and it made Xuxi sigh.

 

“I’m sorry.” Xuxi blurted out.

 

“Don’t say that to me, say it to your partner.” Jungwoo sighed.

 

“Okay, still sorry.” Xuxi mumbled.

 

“You’re all done.” Jungwoo smiled a little then cleaned after him and led Jisung to the back to help him wash the soiled wash cloths.

 

“You both better settle this or else I’ll ask Sicheng hyung to not accept any of you no matter the injury.” Donghyuck piped up, hands on his waist and a roll of bandages on one hand.

 

 

“Yes, we’re sorry.” The two alphas said at the same time and that was good enough for Donghyuck who then left them alone.

 

 

“Sorry.” It was Minhyung who spoke first.

 

 

“Nah, I called you names. I am sorry.” Xuxi extended his uninjured hand. “you’re a good one.” Xuxi said and Minhyung smiled.

 

 

“Thanks, more of an archer really.” Minhyung replied as he shook his hand. “You pack a lot of power into those swings.” Minhyung praised the other.

 

“Ah, when you’ve got clan members who train you like you’re on war everyday, it gets to that level.” Xuxi remarked and laughed loudly. “I’m Xuxi by the way, I am the eldest of the Huangs here.” Xuxi said and Minhyung nodded.

 

 

“Minhyung, My cousin is Taeyong hyung but he is leagues better in fighting.” Minhyung sighed.

 

 

“Not gonna lie, that’s a big shadow.” Xuxi said and Minhyung nodded. “But hey, you’re your own person.” Xuxi said and it made Minhyung genuinely smile.

 

“I appreciate that.” Minhyung thanked him. “So Jungwoo hyung huh?” Minhyung teased and it made Xuxi laugh loudly albeit awkwardly.

 

 

‘Says the one eyeing Donghyuck.” Xuxi grinned and continued to laugh as he watched Minhyung’s face turn red. “As much as I want to see these lovely omegas fuzz over us, I don’t want it because we are both stupid and egoistic to try killing each other.” Xuxi said and Minhyung nodded to that.

 

 

‘I’d rather not get on their bad side. Donghyuck really did made sure it hurts a whole lot and bled some more before it got patched up.” Minhyung shivered and Xuxi shared the same sentiment.

 

 

“Never piss off the omega.” Xuxi added and they both laughed, a truce and a partnership was born.

 

 

------

 

A/n: Trust me I cringe at the MinYang part.

Are you guys okay with ? Or maybe a bit rated scenes? For the hyungs only not the dreamies

 

*Yin - Female energy - Translated to omega

*Yang - Male Energy - translated to alpha

(Yes I made Yangyang a pun but Yangyang’s name translates to Poplar tree)

*Hagane no Ken - Steel Sword in Japanese taken from Kun’s Name (Kun means Steel Sword, Qian means Money)

*Sonkei - Respect - from Ten’s name Yongqin (Yong - Perpetual, Qin - Respect/admire)