The Knight & The Princess, Mortal Danger

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Noticing that they needed to do something in the past, Yujin and Wonyoung departed to the forest after discussing what they needed to do. The search for the lost child turned into something unbelievable…

***

“What do you mean about that, Yujinnie?”

Even though she heard every bit of Yujin word loud and clear, Wonyoung needed to reconfirm that her ears didn’t play a trick on her. She shakes her head as she approaches Yujin who grimaced as she turned her head away from the princess. Afraid that Yujin will never answer her, Wonyoung cupped Yujin’s face as she turned the knight’s face towards her, demanding an answer for Yujin’s assumption.

Oh gosh, those stares are illegal alright!

Yujin gulped her gaze and met with Wonyoung’s desperate stares. How could she resist when Wonyoung is literally begging her with those mesmerizing eyes that can melt even the hardest ice? Yujin cursed at her vulnerability towards Wonyoung as she clasped the princess’s hands and removed it away from her face. In return, Yujin intertwined their fingers as she tried holding Wonyoung from running away as she explained the basis of her accusation towards their emperor aka Wonyoung’s father.

“Yujinnie… Please… Tell me the truth. How can you be so sure that it’s my daddy?”

Of course, Yujin wouldn’t dare to talk more about this matter but as she sees desperation in Wonyoung’s eyes as the girl pleads with her, how can she refuse to tell the princess the truth? Out of all people, Yujin knows that Wonyoung hates it when people exclude the younger girl from something. That’s one of the reasons for Wonyoung being mad at Yujin as the knight keeps on avoiding the topic of Sakura and Eunbi's last words towards her which force the 12 years old Yujin to bring Wonyoung back during the Great War.

“Just this time, Yujin. Tell me all about it. please…”

She swears that Wonyoung knows how to utilize her charm towards Yujin as the knight eventually gives in to the younger request. She shook her head as she firmly held on Wonyoung’s shoulder as she took a long, deep breath before staring directly into Wonyoung’s pair of hazelnuts eyes.

“Listen, you know that I have been trained to distinguish different scents, right?”

“Yeah, you once bragged that you can differentiate between Kkura unnie’s fart and Eunbi unnie’s one.”

“Aaa, can you delete that fact please but nevertheless, I can memorize any scent if I smell it even just once.”

“And?”

“Well, as soon as we approached the kid just now, I picked up a familiar musk scent laced with vanilla and a mix of bergamot which is hard to come by around here.”

 

“That’s…”

Yujin is relieved as Wonyoung seems to comprehend her words better than she expected. She combed her hair backwards using her long, callous fingers indicating that Yujin actually spent a lot of time practicing with swords. The next thing weighing on her mind is how to prevent the suspicious man who might be the emperor from luring out those Minotours from the maze.

“So, what’s your plan?”

“About that, I’m a bit baffled by a certain thing but let me ponder about it more before telling you.”

She massaged her stiff shoulder as the young knight turned her head towards a towering maze located a stone throw away from the forest. It is still too early for her to make any conclusion and confront the emperor for now as she had no evidence to use against him. Thus, her priority for now is preventing her citizens from being hurt by the Minotours rampant.

“Hey, can you hear that cries?”

“Again? But we already saved the kid.”

“No, this one sounds different from a normal kid.”

Wonyoung braced herself and strides towards the maze as she is intrigued by a heart-wrecking cry which pricks her conscience. She might not be the best of good people out there but Wonyoung can never leave a person in need when she is able to provide some aid.

“Wonnie, wait for me!”

Ignoring Yujin’s call as she knows that the older girl will definitely be able to catch up with her, Wonyoung continues walking carefully towards the source of that wail. After going through the thick forest, Wonyoung is surprised seeing another kid is crying just beside the maze with bloody knees and arms. Without much thinking, she rushed over towards the kid to see her condition as worries get the better of her.

“Hey there, why are you crying? Is it hurting that much?”

She hurriedly brought out her emergency first aid kit from her small pouch and started treating right away without sparing any glance to the kid. In her mind, it is better to treat the wound before continuing with any formality and whatnot. After applying some ointment and bandage as well as using her healing spell, Wonyoung smiles in relief as she manages to close the wounds and it seems that the kid also stopped crying. However, before she can turn her head towards the kid, she can hear Yujin desperate cries warning her from afar.

“Wonnie! Get away from that kid!”

Confusion swept her head as Wonyoung turned away from fixing the bandage and take a look at the stiff kid. The look of terrified painted the injured kid face because Wonyoung touched her without any prejudice. Now the princess understands reasons behind Yujin’s anxiousness as the kid that she treated is having a pair of bull horn protruding from her hood which indicates that the kid is from the Minotour race.

“How do you feel now? Is it hurting?”

Rather than backing off from the kid like Yujin told her, Wonyoung decides that she might be safe as the kid isn’t giving off any bad intent. If anything, she looks pretty scared while looking at Wonyoung and alternating her gaze towards Yujin who is already sheathing her sword from the scabbard.

*Italics dialogue is in Beast Tongue*

“Can you understand what I’m saying? I’m sorry but I’m not fluent in Beast tongue.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter