The Knight & The Princess : Lang Island

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

 

As Yujin is about to be executed for causing injuries to Wonyoung, the Crown Princess of Wiz Empire, the younger girl regains her consciousness and tries saving Yujin just to enrage the crowds even more. When the situation is out of control, their long lost savior steps in and brings the girls into a new world…

***

"You both must be tired to fall into the paddy field. Let's go and have a rest at my home."

Even though Yujin wanted to decline this certain petite, beautiful lady offer, she couldn't find enough reason to do so. The young, gallant knight steals a glance at messy Wonyoung who is only in her simple night gown and looks at her own tattered clothes before heaving a sigh. She turned her head towards this girl who's name is Suri and agreed to follow the girl despite having worries and questions left in her head.

"Sure, sorry to bother you, Suri."

With those words, Yujin picked up Wonyoung from the muddy water and helped the princess to stand properly. Little did she know that Wonyoung is blushing hard while Yujin is holding her hands.

"Thanks, Yujin."

"Sure, Wonnie. Can you walk?"

"My legs are fine-"

Just as she said that, Wonyoung lost her steps and almost splat her face straight into the muddy water again. Fortunately, a firm grip on her arms prevented the baby bunny from falling into the paddy field again. She can hear Yujin clicking her tongue as she pulled Wonyoung and lifted the younger girl easily into her sturdy embrace.

"You always push yourself and put on a strong front, huh? Why can't you be more honest for once?"

Yujin couldn't help but nag at the princess who was pouting and frowning in her arms. Before she can fight back, she notices that Suri is grinning at their constant bickering.

"Ah, must be nice to be young~"

Suri flashes her mischievous grin at the pair of good friends who are unconsciously flirting in their own language.

"It's not like what you think!"

Two voices blurted at the same time which just widened Suri's mischievous grin before raising both of her hands in the air, admitting defeat for now.

"Sure, sure~"

Despite the complaints coming from both Yujin and Wonyoung, they both somehow felt a little bit closer with Suri who is treating them like her old friend. They felt grateful to meet such an amazing lady in this foreign land.

 

"Hold right there, Suri!"

 

The trio halted as a high pitched voice barked her order across the road. Wonyoung instantly felt that this plump woman was up to no good, judging from the bad vibe this fierce stranger radiated while calling out Suri.

"What are you doing with this filthy stranger?!"

"Hora, watch your tongue. They are my dear friend who is visiting from a faraway land."

"The audacity to feed more mouths even when we are at war with Shama?"

Wonyoung can feel something rising in her chest when this unknown woman named Hora acts hostile towards Suri. However, before she can open , she can feel a finger placed upon her lips. Her eyes maneuvered towards Yujin who looked awfully calm but the popping veins on the older girl’s neck betray Wonyoung’s assumption.

“Excuse me for my late introduction, ma’am. I am the warrior dispatched from my country together with our country's most treasured mage, Princess Wonyoung to eradicate Shama from this land.”

The princess sure didn't anticipate for Yujin to spout such blatant lies out of the blue but she decided to follow this little lie for now.

“Just two little girls? State your origin, filthy outsider!”

“ENOUGH, HORA!”

Before any of them can continue their words fighting, a deep voice barked towards the group which instantly halted their fighting. A fuming man wearing a destar approaching them which made Yujin tightened her hold on Wonyoung, ready for any sudden attack coming from the hostile-looking man. However, despite their bad thoughts, the man bowed towards both Yujin and Wonyoung which threw Hora into a speechless state.

“Thank you for traveling here upon short request, Dame Yujin and Princess Wonyoung. I’m Kael, chief of Lang Island. Sorry for the unsightly scene you see upon landing in our land.”

As much as Yujin and Wonyoung wanted to question this chief named Kael upon a sudden lie that turned true, they heard some familiar voice ringing inside their head.

Thought that you both need some help.

 

Don’t worry, this man can be trusted but please exercise caution.

 

Yeah, this is just the beginning.

 

Stay safe, Yujinnie, Wonyoungie.

 

Both Sakura and Eunbi voices disappeared as fast as they chimed in. The girls didn’t even get a chance to question them more to ease their confusion since the last ruckus at the execution ground.

“They can take my family’s ration, is that alright, Chief Kael?”

“Sounds good, Suri. Now don’t act so distant as we are both in laws, my brother Kyle will be upset if he knows about this.”

Instead of replying to Kael’s words, Suri just offered him a simple smile while excusing three of them from the roadside.

“Excuse us now, Chief Kael. Our guests need to have a fresh set of clothes.”

With those words, Yujin takes it as a cue for her to follow Suri who quickened her pace after a sudden meeting with Hora and Kael. She’s got tons of questions popping inside her head but she chooses to keep it shut for the meantime as she feels that it will be rude to intrude the kind-hearted Suri’s privacy. The trio took a couple of minutes walking from the paddy field and they finally stopped in front of a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter