The Knight & The Princess, Growing Up

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Yujin and Wonyoung are taken by surprise upon the sudden attack by Shama. Fortunately, the kind minstrel, Aman manages leading them into Lang Island’s secret basement where they seek protection upon facing invading force. However, things turned ugly when Suri was punished for something she didn’t do. Before Yujin and Wonyoung can prevent the inevitable from happening to Suri, they are forcefully transported to Wiz Empire, only to find out that they are returning to the past…

***

Upon arriving at her private quarter, Yujin gently puts Wonyoung on her bed while she commands her team to run their normal inspection at the area surrounding Luna. She then took a seat in her kitchen while chugging down a glass of fresh water in order to calm her messy mind.

It feels surreal. How come we both are back in time?

Yujin squeezed her brain to come out with plausible reasoning but nothing came across her mind just yet. She is utterly confused by how the situation turned out in less than 24 hours (from Yujin’s point of view).

“Argh, everything is such a mess!”

The girl ruffles her hair as she grunts at herself, feeling clueless of her confusing current situation. She never felt helpless like this after losing both Eunbi and Sakura four years ago. She was able to send Wonyoung back to the castle and informed the Emperor about their current situation which the Wiz Empire is winning due to great contribution by none other than Sakura and Eunbi. However, she didn’t spill the beans about knowing how the Emperor almost traded Wonyoung’s life towards Klaun soldiers.

She felt spiteful at the fact that a parent dared to sell their own offspring over menial things like power. Since then, Yujin has been swinging her swords like crazy as she is reminded by her promise to Sakura which is to protect Wonyoung at all cost. The adults can do nothing when they are confronted with a situation involving power and thus, she decides to become stronger. Strong enough to not let anyone trampling over her in any matter.

Even so, I’m still lacking!

The young dame sighed as she cracked her neck, trying to redirect her dissatisfaction away. She didn’t have much time to brood over trivial things like feeling powerless and all because she knows that there must be something that needed to be changed for her and Wonyoung to be back in time. She just couldn’t wrap her mind about the matter that she should tackle.

“Yujinnie…”

Her ears perked upon listening to Wonyoung’s whimper which came from her room. Feeling worried for her precious sister, Yujin rushed over while bringing a glass of cold water for Wonyoung.

Upon stepping into her room, Yujin can see Wonyoung is wincing while grabbing her temple while panting heavily. Overtaken by worries, Yujin hastily put down the glass of water and approached Wonyoung, checking if the girl injured herself somewhere.

“I’m okay, Yujinnie.”

“Are you sure?”

Unsure of Wonyoung’s words, Yujin took a seat beside the girl and gently hold Wonyoung’s crown while her eyes is running around, checking any possibilities of injury on Wonyoung. Little did she know that Wonyoung felt restless upon feeling Yujin’s touch but the younger did well in hiding her nervousness by pushing Yujin away, wearing a serious face.

“There's something more important happening now. We must-”

“Nothing is more important to me than you.”

It’s a lie if Wonyoung’s heart didn’t skip a bit upon hearing Yujin’s words but judging by Yujin’s nature, they might say things without having much thought again. Thus, Wonyoung refused to let her feelings get the better of her as she shook her head at Yujin.

“No, if we are back in time, we need to prevent the attack of the Minotour away from Luna!”

At that moment, Yujin flinched as her memories flooded into her head out of sudden. Her heart pounds out of rhythm as she holds onto her head while groaning in pain. She can hear exasperated voices of her comrade as if they are playing a video inside of her mind. She couldn’t stand loads of information pouring into her mind, causing Yujin to writhe in pain, trying to process all of those overflowing information inside her brain.

“ARGH!!!”

She can feel that her head almost split as more words are coming inside her ears. Yujin couldn’t handle it anymore as she slowly gave in to the pain which made her whole body tremble in agony.

“Yujinnie, it’s fine. I’m here for you.”

Soft touch and warm embrace suddenly wrapped Yujin’s body which provided comfort to her consciousness, alleviating those unbearable pain away from Yujin. She can hear those soft whispers, as if comforting her to fight this peculiar phenomena occurring at this moment. As she flutters open her eyelids, she can see Wonyoung’s soft gaze staring anxiously as the girl is holding Yujin’s hands tight. A surge of power fills up Yujin’s body as she finally regains her memory and discovers her purpose again after seeing Wonyoung’s face.

“You’re right Wonnie. We must hurry and save that kid.”

“What kid?”

“The one that get lost in the forest. If we are lucky, we might apprehend the person that led those Minotours away from the maze.”

Albeit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter