The Knight & The Princess: Emergency

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Yujin had a duel with a loathsome student named Saeki who want to propose to Wonyoung but having some impure thoughts. Ticked off, Yujin can feel something whispered within her but eventually getting stopped by Hyewon. Afterwards…

***

"Here we are, unnie! Welcome to my secret hideout!"

 

Yujin grinned while spreading her arms, looking proud of her so called safe haven towards Hyewon who is in awe. The young Marquess slides down from their ride and taking careful steps onto the uneven ground. Countless chattering from the place is making her in a daze as she stares in awe the peculiar scene in front of her eyes.

 

"Welcome to Luna, where everyone is treated as much as they worked! Talent and hard work is much appreciated here."

 

The young knight grinned as she introduced Hyewon to her secret place. This young girl actually granted a piece of land from the emperor of Wiz Land aka Wonyoung's father who is indebted as Yujin manages bringing back Wonyoung safe and sound during the Great War.

 

"Meritocracy? Seems like everything is quite fine."

 

Hyewon arched her eyebrows while putting on her cloak so that no one will be able to recognize her. Since she becomes the head of KB Bloom as well as heir of Marquess Kang household, tons of people tried establishing connections with her, good and bad people with unknown intentions. 

 

The young heiress leisurely taking her time to observe the whole small but flourishing town with mesmerization painted within her pair of dazzling eyes. She approached a seller who is selling scrumptious looking food and take a sniff of this peculiar delicacy.

 

"Take a look, young miss! This is what we called kebab, nice food from eastern region!"

 

She can feel drenched with saliva when the scent of those kebabs wafted in the air and swirled inside her nose. When she is about to reach out her coins, another voice chimes in and place an order for her.

 

"Gimme ten of that, lady!"

 

"My, my if it isn't the bright kid from Mikayla squad! Alright, I'll put another two kebabs for you."

 

The feline lady purred as she Yujin who is grinning gleefully while handing over some gold coins for the kebabs. Hyewon stares in disbelief at Yujin who seems to be like the younger self of her, when the girl is serving Sakura from back then.

 

They both thanked the feline lady before walking towards Central Plaza where people are bustling left and right around this place. It's quite lively for a tiny town in Hyewon's opinion. Maybe the diversity of this place makes the atmosphere calm and a bit welcoming, unlike when they are at the shopping district at the center of Wiz Empire, her own hometown.

 

"Say, what is this Mikayla squad?"

 

As curiosity gets the better of her, Hyewon spouted her question after thoroughly munching her food. She seems interested in this Luna town which Yujin referred as her secret hideout. The girl who love to whine and causing some mischief from before is long gone, being replaced with this matured version who somehow look so charming while offering a smile to Hyewon. The young Marquess couldn't believe in her ears when Yujin started explaining about this place.

 

"You know, since the last Great War, I often questioned myself regarding reasons of people fighting with each other, killing countless others in the process."

 

Hyewon can feel a big lump formed within when Yujin started reminiscing those moment where they lose their pair of best friends. Suddenly, this piece of kebab in her hand felt coarse as she tried calming herself while listening attentively to Yujin's rambling.

 

"Thus, with the power to do whatever I want with this piece of land, I decided making a place where people that lost their beloved can start anew, whoever they are."

 

She can feel traces of bitterness within Yujin's voice, something that longing presence of someone who is already unreachable with their current life.

 

"It's really fortunate that Kkura unnie trained me with land management and all while Eunbi unnie guides me with human relations, making me able to establish this land."

 

"Shall I referred you as Baron Ahn then?"

 

Hyewon playfully ruffling Yujin's hair, wants to mess around and loosen this serious atmosphere they currently have.

 

"Unnie~ I don't want that title at all!"

 

"My silly puppy is still too young~"

 

While they are both busy teasing each other, another pair of girls are busy spying on them while wearing hood over their head. A slightly taller girl frowned upon listening to Yujin's words. She seems confused with this girl's action which is different from what she heard from those rumors circulated.

 

"What is this? She didn't commit anything wrong at all. I- I had wronged her all this time!"

 

A certain trembling voice is filled with guilt as she finally able to see what kind of place that Yujin headed every single day without fail. She heard from someone that Yujin is spending her time to exterminate some bandits while some others said Yujin is slacking off after being granted with a title together with a land at such young age. If only she isn't dragged by Chaeyeon, maybe Wonyoung will always spit poison to Yujin since that incident.

 

"Calm down, Wonnie. It's great that you already know the truth for now but let's stay hidden for a bit more."

 

Chaeyeon grabbed Wonyoung's sharp shoulder and refrained the girl from running into Yujin's arms. In fact, the general herself isn't aware of this place established by Yujin as this town is usually sealed off from any uninvited visitors. They both got lucky when the guards let them in after seeing both Chaeyeon and Wonyoung are following Hyewon and Yujin through the gate.

 

"So, she's busy guarding this town?"

 

"I'm not sure, Wonnie. She often skipped her practice at the training ground too."

 

While they are both busy speculating, Yujin tugged Hyewon towards another secluded area within that town which the other two didn't fail to follow suit. They arrived at the barracks where countless kids are being trained by a few knight under Yujin's squad.

 

"Oh, the leader of Mikayla squad is here!"

 

As soon as Yujin stepped inside the training ground, the kids suddenly swarming around her with eyes sparkling like they are currently seeing a celebrity. Instead of being faltered by such enormous attention, Yujin is patiently entertaining these eager bunch by demonstrating some swords play for them. After going around and correcting their posture, Yujin finally taking a breather with Hyewon staying at her side.

 

"So, what is this Mikayla squad?"

 

"Oh, you catch that thing up too? As expected of my unnie~"

 

"Ahn Yujin…"

 

"Alright, alright, I'll tell you."

 

The taller albeit younger girl taking a few s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter