The Knight & The Princess : Run Away

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Yujin asked Hyewon to take a look of her secret town, Luna who is managed by her father. This special town that discriminate nobody able to attract Hyewon's attention. Somewhere along the line, sudden disaster happened…

***

"YUJIN!!!"

 

Wonyoung screams in terror as she is pushed away by Yujin who instinctively want to protect Wonyoung from those minotaurs wild attacks. The young knight feels numb on her right hand as warm blood gushing non-stop from her lost arm.

 

", things just got real mad."

 

Yujin huffed as she tried evading upcoming attack with her dangling arm. However, due to her delay of reaction by a few moments, she barely escapes those murderous in exchange with her arms being brutally severed. She had no time to waste in succumbing to this out of the world pain as she sees those monsters are approaching Wonyoung.

 

Come on, give me more power!

 

Yujin desperately hoping for a miracle to happen as she evades those deadly claw aiming for her head. Those pain suddenly elevated as Yujin actively moving around, shifting those herd of Minotaurs' attention away from Wonyoung.

 

"Hey, you **** head!"

 

Resorting to her final means of gaining the rampaging monsters attention, Yujin decided provoking them using nasty words. Although they are just a bunch of monsters, Minotour posses a tiny bit of intelligences, allowing them to think for a bit. Thus, hearing Yujin cussing them surely makes majority of those Minotour agitated.

 

Good, come after me!

 

She felt delighted upon seeing those monsters totally going after her. Now that she gained their attention, Yujin realized that she didn't have any plans afterwards.

 

Uh, so what do I do now?

 

In the midst of her sprinting away, gaining distance from Wonyoung, Yujin failed noticing a flying giant club slicing through the wind and hit her whole body, sending her straight into the ground, soaking with blood. 

 

Oh, . Things really goes awry today.

 

The girl who is lying motionless just chuckles upon reflecting her day so far. She didn't have much energy left within herself right at that moment. Yujin is fully aware that those monsters are closing in based on this shaking on the ground.

 

She want to fight, really. Until this moment, Yujin didn't want to stop fighting, protecting people around her because she knows how painful it is to lose someone precious to you. However, her body didn't move exactly as she want, as if it tells Yujin that her time is up.

 

So, this is it? The end of my journey?

 

The bright girl just smirking as she literally seeing flashbacks of her life played right in front of her eyes. She is affirmative of meeting her beloved unnies after being separated for just a few years.

 

Ah, they will definitely nagged me if we meet this soon.

 

"AHN YUJIN, DON'T YOU DARE TO GIVE UP NOW!"

 

As Yujin is about to throw away her life, a brilliant, blinding rays of hope forcefully pulling her consciousness back into the world. Her eyes couldn't believe it when Wonyoung jumped in front of her while forming massive barrier around them with ferocious eyes.

 

Even though the young girl is doing her best, some of those claws manage breaking into her protection barrier and slashed Wonyoung, sending pools of her blood right into Yujin's eyes.

 

"Argh!"

 

At that time, Yujin can feel something wild and strange is thumping deep inside her chest. She didn't know why her mind goes blank as image of Wonyoung falling onto the ground imprinted into her mind.

 

"Wonnie!"

 

The last thing she remember is catching Wonyoung's still body in her arms before totally losing her sanity. Something different is boiling inside her body, causing her bone screams with agony as she lose control of her body.

 

"Yujin! It's alright! Wonyoung is safe!"

 

Things slowly coming into her sense as she heard some familiar voice shouting a dear name to her. What happened for them to shout that desperate, she wonder. One thing for sure, she is relieved upon knowing the fact that Wonyoung is safe. Yujin can feel her world is spinning as she is coming back to her sense, letting gravity pulling her right into the ground. She sure hear countless voices calling out her name but she is too sleepy to even respond and thus, Yujin decided dozing off almost instantly.

 

***

You almost killed yourself, you dumb puppy!

 

Easy there, she did it to protect Wonyoungie, right?

 

But still, she could've be a total goner!

 

It's alright, Yujin is a strong girl. Surely she knows what she did.

 

She is still a child!

 

Even a child eventually grown up into a fine human, now let's not fight or we might wake her up.

 

***

Yujin stirred in her sleep as nostalgic bickering voice registered in her unconscious mind. Is it because she experienced some near death situation or maybe it's just Yujin missing them too much? Mayhaps it the latter as the girl fluttered open her eyes and find herself tucked inside an unfamiliar room. Just as she is about to ponder about her whereabouts, suddenly a group of people bursting into her room, causing uproar into the serene space.

 

"She's just awakened! Have some mercy!"

 

"No, this is an imperial order! Ahn Yujin, you're hereby summoned for your trial!"

 

What trial?

 

She want to ask them but they are too swift for her weakened body. Yujin can feel someone crossed her limpy arm to the back before cuffing it tightly together with the part where it's been cut clean by those herd of monsters.

 

Monsters…

 

Something stirred awake in Yujin's mind after her mind suddenly remembered things that happened before she losing her consciousness. With bated breath and hoarse voice, she questioned those squad of Inquisitor about Wonyoung's condition.

 

"Hey, what about Wonyoung? Is she safe?"

 

Her voice isn't short of desperation even though she is the one that needed some consideration from people. Her heart is beating loud when they are keeping mum about a certain bunny-like girl and choose not to answer her but instead, dragging Yujin away like she just had committed biggest crime in Wiz Empire entire history.

 

"I-is she..?"

 

"Princess Wonyoung currently doing fine, minus the fact that she is unconscious for about 72 hours since the last monsters stampede in the town called Luna."

 

Yujin didn't know how would she react upon listening to those words. Did she feels relieved upon knowing about Wonyoung is safe? Should she felt remorseful about those loses in Luna? She didn't have enough time to even sank within her own feelings as those people yanked Yujin inside a carriage. Her eyes were blindfolded as she felt the wooden carriage is rocking violently as they made their way towards the palace.

 

The poor girl couldn't tell her left and right when she is dragged into somewhere warm. Her knees are pushed from behind, causing Yujin to kneeled on the hard, cold ground, surrounded with countless careful whispering around her. She regained her sight when someone removed her blindfold and she is surprised seeing tons of people inside the royal court. The emperor currently sitting in his seat, accompanied by the empress as well as the advisor and ministers. 

 

She can feel her parched throat is burning when her gaze meet with Wonyoung's parents. Yujin knows that she failed them as she let Wonyoung being hurt from her incapability. She still lack strength and didn't fit to be Wonyoung personal knight. This girl knows that she is still inadequate in every aspect and now, she is going to pay for her lacking.

 

"Ahn Yujin, you are summoned in this royal court for causing direct harm to a direct line of royal, Princess Wonyoung during a monster stampede in a town which bestowed to you named Luna."

 

Those words shredded Yujin's emotions into pieces because she knows how grave the situation is. A direct candidate for the throne is hurt, which might cause disturbance within their empire because they have no proper heir left for the throne. The next in line which is supposed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter