The Knight & The Princess: Aware

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Discovering that the culprit behind their suspicion is one of Yujin and Wonyoung’s friends, our duo finds that things might be bigger than they thought. Out of sudden, Yujin passed out which forced Wonyoung to…

***

“You what? Th-that's harassment!”

Yujin can feel her ears are burning hot as she jumps from her bed while covering herself using a blanket. She couldn’t describe this crazy heartbeat of hers as she heard Mino’s simple yet factful explanation. Her pupil is dilating as she heaves a heavy breath while staring in disbelief at Wonyoung.

“No, no, no! I didn’t mean to! It’s just you’re turning blue and if I didn’t give you the meds, you’re already on your way to across that river!”

Wonyoung shrieks as words are launching like rockets from , trying to clarify things with Yujin. She can still vividly see Yujin’s body which almost turned ice cold when the girl suddenly dropped on the ground. As much as Wonyoung wanted to bring Yujin back to the palace and get a royal doctor’s service, she thought that they might not have the luxury.

Yujin’s breath is getting shallow while the clock is ticking. Wonyoung knows that this is her race against time. She needs to fight the urge in herself to cry while yelling for help as she knows that no one can help them. Not when they both are in the middle of the forest with a herd of snoring Minotours. She then thought of an idea where she needed to whip some healing potion with the highest potency for Yujin.

Fortunately, there’s a bunch of herbs being collected by Mino, the child Minotour from earlier, making her job easier in whipping a potion as fast as she can. However, when she is about to let Yujin drink the medicine, the girl is already at the brink of her death which horrified Wonyoung. Thus, she took a deep breath before pouring the potion inside and helped Yujin to drink it which in return, helped the older girl to survive.

Even while remembering every bit of her desperation in keeping Yujin alive, Wonyoung regrets her rash decision in registering those drugs into Yujin’s system. Well, she might regret it only a little. Upon seeing Yujin’s flushed face, Wonyoung couldn’t help but direct her gaze towards those pair of rosy lips which made her heart beat even faster. She smacked her cheeks as she tears her gaze away from Yujin out of embarrassment.

“Unnie, don't be mad. Wonyoung unnie save Yujin unnie!”

The little Mino realized that there’s an unspeakable tension in the room and decided to assist her Wonyoung unnie using the limited vocabulary that she had.

“You… You save me? Through kissing?”

As much as she tried sounds nonchalant, Yujin somehow stammered as she spoke to Wonyoung. The lanky girl cursed herself for not being able to hide her obvious feeling in front of Wonyoung. No, she couldn’t afford to let Wonyoung discover this messy feeling of her towards Wonyoung. Not when Wonyoung didn’t even see her as someone special. She’s just a childhood friend for Wonyoung.

“That’s not considered kissing at all! It’s-it’s an act of saving your life so your first kiss is still safe!”

Hearing such words coming from Wonyoung somehow makes Yujin’s a little bit sad but she told herself that she’s gonna be okay. This feeling of her isn’t allowed. It’s forbidden as Wonyoung is a princess of an esteemed empire while Yujin is just a flimsy knight who’s just had a small piece of land.

“Well, not that I care about my kiss. That’s definitely not my first kiss for your information.”

Trying to brush it off, Yujin masked her feelings as she turned away her head from Wonyoung. She took a long, deep breath before facing Wonyoung again who somehow looked a little bit gloomier than before. Worries filled her heart as Yujin sauntered towards Wonyoung, anxiously placing her hand on Wonyoung’s forehead.

“Whoa, you’re burning hot, Wonnie! You need to get some rest!”

“Don’t bother.”

Questions filled Yujin’s mind when Wonyoung swatted her hands away before storming off from her room. The young knight is perplexed by Wonyoung’s sudden change in mood. She can feel something is pulling her clothes and sees Mino from the back of her arms who looks disappointed at Yujin.

“Scary unnie, you’re quite dumb, aren’t you?”

Dumbfounded by Mino’s remarks, Yujin stares confusedly while knitting her eyebrows at the young Minotour who is running away from Yujin.

“Hey, what do you mean?! Come back here, kid!”

Yujin ran after Mino who threw a gaze at Yujin as if the knight is just a mere bug. The wise Minotour from earlier just shakes her head while sighing, “Ah, how beautiful to be so young and dumb.”

***

“Stupid Yujinnie!”

She kicked the pebbles on the ground as she took a stroll in the nearby garden. Wonyoung scolded herself for not being able to describe her blooming feels inside her chest. For sure, this warm emotion can affect her just like a raging wave which confused Wonyoung.

Curse you, hormone.

The princess growled at herself while taking a seat under a majestic, white tree. Looking at the tree makes Wonyoung’s mind travel back to someone that she knows. A person which might be Yujin’s first kiss. A person who can rival Wonyoung or doing even better given that this princess is a few years older than her.

Did she kiss Minjoo unnie? When? I thought Minjoo unnie was crazy about Chaewon unnie all this time.

While she is deep inside her thoughts, Wonyoung fails in noticing a suspicious figure is approaching her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter