The Knight & The Princess: Yearn

Me & You (Our Secret Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Coming back from the parallel world, Yujin meets her reliable friend, Yena who helped her decipher Sakura’s advice. On the other hand, Wonyoung finds out that her great-uncle; Wonjin, is planning to destroy the empire. However, Yujin just discovered an important piece about her puzzling feelings, she likes Wonyoung! And then…

***

“I think I’m in love with Wonyoung, unnie.”

Yujin muttered those words with a racing heart. After all these times, she often regards the younger no more than a sister, a childhood friend and that’s it. However, as they both have the chance to catch up with one another and talk like they used to, Yujin’s heart started yearning for the girl’s presence even more. Since when, she wonders, did she started harboring such feelings towards Wonyoung?

“Took you long enough to realize, huh?”

“Say what?”

The shorter woman with a high-ponytail clicked her tongue while patting Yujin’s shoulder, asking the girl to remain on the seat while offering another bar of chocolate hazelnut. “I don’t have time for chocolates,” Yujin said that but still taking a bar and stashed it inside her pocket.

“It’s just a suicide mission if you just rushed in and dragged that Saeki guy out of nowhere.”

“Why so?”

The doctor clicked her tongue before lifting her cream bread fingers in the air and pointing her index finger towards the younger girl. “Saeki must have someone with enough influence to make him bold enough proposing Wonyoung in broad daylight, remember?”

“Well, I do think that he is another cockroach trying to woo Wonyoung.”

“Your jealousy tunneling your view, Yujinnie.”

“Then, what do you expect for me to think off?”

“Maybe some details from your visit towards another world, the place where Kkura is still alive.”

Maybe it’s entirely Yujin’s imagination but she swears that Yena voice is cracking upon the mention of the doctor’s best friend. Puckering her lips, Yujin shut her eyes tight while trying to recollect every moment she spent in the parallel world carefully.

She does remember meeting Sakura and receive some warning, Yujin thought. What kind of clue did she fail to notice from back then? Suddenly, Hyewon’s voice resounds in her ears, “You know that all along we only have male heirs to the crown, right?”

Then, her brain working harder as Yujin tried traveling back and remember pictures of the male heir which she had no idea exist in this timestamp. A certain face makes Yujin’s face turned pale as she glances towards Yena and yapped, “Unnie, I think you are right. Saeki might be someone who had some history with the royals in this country.”

“Something like an illegitimate heir?”

Taken aback by Yena’s wild guess, Yujin smacked the blonde-haired girl’s shoulder without thinking twice, earning a scowl and growl from Yena. “You ungrateful doggo,” the doctor cursed while shooting her glares at the younger but taller girl. Shaking her head, the knight scratches her cheek while offering an apologetic smile, “No, you are just saying something outrageous. Bet that Kkura unnie will smack you as hard.”

“What? Why? I am only voicing out my opinion!”

The girl with messy hair shakes her head while shooting a stare filled with disbelief towards the royal doctor; Yena, which bears royal bloodline, spouting blatant blasphemy towards her distant cousin. Inhaling a good amount of fresh air, Yujin answered, “I don’t think he has any speck of real royal bloodline though. His aura didn’t seem so.”

“Oh? Are you already able to differentiate aura? Good old time, I swear. It took me a couple of years before being able to do so. Talk about real talent, huh?”

Yena scoffed while dusting off her jacket which Yujin sullied. Crossing her legs, Yena thought of something amazing while staring at Yujin who has this kind of face filled with hesitation and contemplation. Clapping her hand, Yena grinned widely seeing the young puppy startled at her random action.

“It’s time to gather the squad, then!”

“Squad? What squad?”

Shooting her baffled stares towards Yena, Yujin prayed hard that the older and mischievous girl didn’t come out with an outrageous idea that will only make things messier than the knight can handle. However, seeing a confident smile flashes from Yena’s fluffy face, Yujin didn’t have the heart to retort at the older girl’s suggestion and thus, waiting for the plan to be revealed while crossing her fingers.

“Duh! The squad consists of me and you, Yuri, Kwangbae, and Chaeyeon. Ah, I would like to ask Chaewon and Minjoo to join us but they already said that Nako and Hii-chan require some help in the North. Thus, those four won’t be coming.”

The young knight freezes in her seat. It’s been a long time since she heard from everyone, which is mainly due to their hectic schedule in fulfilling duty to serve the Wiz Empire. Deep inside, Yujin knew the reason why all of them rarely meeting each other due to avoiding the fact that they would never complete as 12 ever again.

Stupid pup, you are talking like both of us are dead.

We kind of living with the dead right now though?

Eun, baby, I love you, really but please, don’t ruin the sentiment.

At the voice of these two, Yujin started tearing up. That’s right, she thought. Being alone for all these years while trying to act tough, Yujin almost forgets that she had another 10 reliable sisters with whom she can confide her feelings. She wonders where did she goes wrong, drifting away from them, failing to see how they are all still caring about her.

Pursing her lips, Yujin trying her best to held her tears from falling as she asked with a cracked voice, “W-won’t everyone be busy with their own life?”

Maybe it’s her eyes, maybe it’s Yujin’s assumption as she sees Yena’s shoulder stiffened upon hearing such words coming from the young knight. Yujin doubts her teary eyes that Yena has pair of orbs turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter