Bittersweet

Truth or dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the school was closed, the media kept covering all the scandal and the crimes commited by the teachers shocked the society even more because they were nuns.

Ms Park was moving heaven and Earth while trying to protect Moonbyul. However, Mr Moon vanished along his daughter and nobody knew what to do.

Mr Ahn, who had become closer with the actress due to his daughter's requests to protect her friends was also using his contacts around the world to find a clue of the powerful man's location.

Seulgi was forced to focus in her studies at home, since the parents hired private tutors to prepare her for the university.

Meanwhile, Irene was being dragged by her mother to bride shops to try dozens of expensive wedding dresses.

Wendy and Hwasa tried to contact their unnie for months. Nonetheless, the former winter fairy had no energy to share her struggles with the younger girls. So she never picked up the calls.

Yongsun was always in touch with Seulgi and they shared their desperation and sadness.

The Kims had been talking about their daughter's future and possible good choices of a husband, which develop some panic crises in the brunette.

Wheein lost patience with her father's hypocritical actions and came out on a Sunday family lunch.

That action cost the girl a very high price, since the man stopped giving her money and threatened to lock her in a convent.

The girl's mother supported the husband once again but Wheein was not suprised at all.

Her only option was selling some of her personal things for half the price with the help of one of her parents' employees.

With that money, Wheein planned to buy a plane ticket to Argentina in order to meet Hyejin because the other girl was there in a farm with Mr Ahn.

After planning for weeks, the 15-year-old faked her mother's signature in a document that was giving her permission to travel by herself.

It was still not even 5 am when the teenager sneaked out of the house and met the employee she had convinced to help.

Wheein got inside the vehicle without a second thought and breathed with relief in the moment the driver the engine.

However, the girl's happiness vanished pretty quickly because her father showed up in front of the car and the guy had to step on the break.

Both the driver and the young girl screamed and Mr Jung opened the door of the vehicle with violence.

_____ What do you think you are doing, you little piece of ? 

_____ Sir....There is no need to treat her like that...Wheein is just a girl...____ The employee tried to argue.

_____ Shut up! Who gave you permission to interfere? I'll handle you later!____ The older man exclaimed with fury.

_____ Father, this is not how a man of God is supposed to treat people. Don't you see? Your actions and words don't fit what you preach....

_____ What do you know about life, young demon? And where were you going without my permission?

Crying, the 15-year-old responded:

____ I can't live like this anymore, father. I don't believe you have honest intentions in your church. And you attack my feelings and who I am without putting in practice Jesus' words. I wanna go away.

Widening his eyes, the religious man exclaimed:

____ A sinner trying to doubt my intentions? By feelings you mean that you want to live in lesbianism, am I right? So you can go. But you are no longer my daughter. You will get nothing from us. I am dishonoring you.

Wheein felt her heart sinking and a strong emotional pain.

_____ Father....how can you represent God if you don't understand what love is?

_____ You have no permission to call me father anymore. Get out of my property! And don't you dare call that nasty feeling you have for girls the same word normal people use for their families.

Tears ran down Wheein's cheeks and the driver spoke with tenderness:

____ Let's go, child.

_____ And you, dirty pig! Don't you dare come back here. You are fired. I'm not paying you a cent. If you try to sue me, I will say you and kidnapped my daughter.____ Mr Jung shouted.

The employee saw that Wheein was going to respond and made a sign for her.

In silence, the man started driving and took the girl out of that horrible place.

____ Wheein ssi...What are you planning to do?

____ I....I was gonna take a plane to Argentina but now I am afraid. You see....I had to fake my mother's signature. The way that man is cruel...he might set some kind of alert to the police.

The driver thought for a little while and then asked:

_____ Do you have someone waiting for you in Argentina?

_____ Yes.... There is a family there. They were just waiting for the date.

_____ And do you trust me, Wheein ssi? 

The 15 year old gave the former employee of her family a look with sorrow and tenderness.

_____ Of course....

_____ Okay. So we are going to stop by my house so that I can talk to my wife and pack some clothes. Then, I will take you to Argentina. You should call your friends when we get to my place.

_____ But.... I made you lose your job. I don't think it's wise that you waste money....

_____ I was planning to quit. So don't feel bad. And don't worry. I have a friend at the airport who can get me a discount.

Despite still feeling bad for the guy, Wheein nodded in agreement and smiled.

____ x ____

Mr Ahn welcomed Wheein in his house as part of the family and offered the former employee of the Jungs a job.

The guy explained that he had a wife in Korea and Hyejin's father suggested that the guy went back to bring the woman.

Wheein took some time to overcome the sadness regarding her parents but Hyejin and Mrs Ahn tried to keep the girl's mind busy.

The girlfriends talked about how much they missed the winter fairies and their other roommates.

Wendy called Hyejin a month later and told the younger girl that she was scared because there were some news about Irene getting married to a Japanese heir in a few days.

The Canadian girl also commented that Seulgi was going under heavy depression since they all parted ways and lost contact with Irene.

When Hyejin shared all the information with Wheein, the cute girl felt down again thinking of her unnie Moonbyul and wondering if the older girl was okay.

Mr Ahn heard them mentioning Moonbyul and he said that the team he and Mrs Park had hired to investigate the girl's location found signs that Mr Moon had taken the daughter to Germany.

Frustrated, Wheein tried to call Moonbyul's number again but as usual, nobody picked up.

A few days later, Joy video called the couple and the trio forgot about the problems for a little while. However, they all ended up crying when the reality hit them.

Even if Irene was being forced to live a fake life, she was still alive and parcially free. Moonbyul, on the other hand, was certainly locked somewhere.

____ x ____

Five years had passed and Seulgi was on her fourth year of medicine at the University of Oxford.

Joy called the girl and invited her for Mrs Park wedding.

Even though the future doctor was not in the mood for celebrations, she promised she would fly to Italy to give her love to the actress.

The two girls talked about some unimportant things and Seulgi noticed that the younger girl kept hesitating.

_____ What is it, Joy? What are you hiding from me?

Silence in the other side of the call. Then the girl replied:

_____ It's Irene....Wendy met her some weeks ago....Okay....I really need you to come on my mother's wedding. Otherwise she will be very disapppinted. But I think it's fair that you are prepared for everything. Irene was also invited.

It was Seulgi's turn to keep quiet and Joy respected the girl's pace.

Finally the medicine student murmured:

_____ It's alright. Everybody moved on since the end of that ty school. She cut the bond and became a married woman. I have my studies and a relationship with someone who actually cares. If we have to be in the same place, it's okay.

_____ Seulgi unnie....

_____ It's okay, Joy. I'm fine. Send me the details on the wedding later. I have things to do now.

The actress's daughter, who was following her mother's steps professionally, knew how much Seulgi had suffered until she started dating. 

Because of that, the younger girl considered the possibility of leaving the future doctor out of the invitation list. Nonetheless, her mother declared she would accept no skips.

The next call that Joy made was to Wheein, who was now studying in the U.S.A to become a vet and work for Mr. Ahn in his farms.

Hyejin was sharing an apartment with her girlfriend and her father had helped the girls with all the expenses.

Although Mrs Ahn had a hard time dealing with her youngest daughter's uality, the mother grew fond of Wheein and things turned out fine.

So, when Hyejin asked permission to move with Wheein to study in New York, both parents gave their blessing.

Joy knew most of the things. Except that Hyejin had decided to graduate in Business administration.

Wheein and Hyejin were surprised to know that Mrs Park was getting married but they gave their word about going to the wedding.

Joy's last call was to Yongsun and the older girl reacted with tenderness when she heard the new actress' voice.

Mrs Park's daughter learned that her unnie was living in an African country because she was doing voluntary work with a group of children.

That made the younger girl think that Yongsun was going to refuse the wedding invitation. Nonetheless, she told the girl about the event.

Extremely happy for the older lady, the heiress of the Kims guaranteed that she would be present at the wedding because her project in Africa was coming to an end.

_____ x _____

Mrs Park had bought a villa in Sicily along her boyfriend one year before.

The man was an Italian producer of wine and they met during a cinema festival 3 years before.

The couple immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter