Losing hope

Truth or dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs Park invited Mr Ahn, Mrs Jung, Mrs Kim and Seulgi's brother to spend the night at her house.

Wendy's parents said they needed to get back to Canada but allowed their daughter to stay with Joy for some days.

Once they were all gathered in the actress' mansion,  the girls talked about Mr Moon's behavior and Hyejin and Wheein begged their parents to try to find a way to help Moonbyul.

Seulgi and Yongsun also asked their family members to use their legal team to support the girl. However, Mrs Kim told her daughter that Mr Moon was a low man with too much power and it would be useless to confront him.

Mrs Park informed the guests that her lawyers were already studying the situation because she couldn't sit comfortably while an innocent teenager was suffering abuse. 

Distressed, the girls went to Joy's bedroom and talked for hours.

They were all worried about the winter fairies because Irene's and Moonbyul's parents were the worst.

Seulgi tried to call the black-haired one. Irene's phone was turned off though.

Yongsun couldn't stand still. The 17-year-old brunette didn't stop thinking about the way Mr Moon had slapped Moonbyul in front of the whole school.

Wheein was struggling for several reasons. First, due to what was happening to her favorite unnie. Second, because she was sure her mother would drag her back home the next day and she would be far from Hyejin. Third, for having no freedom or power to help her friends.

After a couple of hours, Mrs Park called them to join the adults for dinner and they obeyed despite not being hungry.

Seulgi's brother informed that his parents wanted Seulgi back home asap. So he thanked Mrs Park for her hospitality.

Once everybody finished their meal, Mrs Park invited the adults to join her in the living room for a glass of wine.

Hyejin discreetly held her father's wrist and asked if they could have a private talk.

Worried, the man nodded positively and he followed the daughter to the library.

Feeling anxious, the young girl breathed in and out before starting the conversation.

_____ Dad, I love you and respect you so much. Because of that, I avoided telling you something for a long time. But I can't keep going this way.

_____ What is going? What is the problem, Jinie?_____ Mr Ahn was getting afflict.

_____ I don't want want to ger married. I can't....

The father suddenly smiled and responded:

_____ Ah, that's it? Sweetie, you are just 15. There are many years ahead. I didn't plan your wedding for now. That's why I am investing on your education. And if the problem is the candidate, we can find another one.

_____ NO, DAD! I DON'T WANT TO MARRY A PERSON I DON'T LOVE! AND I DON'T LIKE BOYS. I'M....I.....Dad...I like girls._____ Hyejin exclaimed and then forced herself to tone down her voice.

A bit shocked, the older widened his eyes and got speechless in a first moment. Then he snapped out of his surprise and declared:

_____ Sweetie, it's normal that you are confused. You spent a long time just surrounded by girls. But as soon as you get back home...

_____ No, dad. As I said, I know this for a while. I never liked boys. My crushes, my butterflies in the stomach were always related to girls. Please, don't hate me. _____ Hyejin cried.

Feeling his heart breaking because of his daughter's genuine pain, Mr Ahn held the 15-year-old teen in his arms and murmured:

_____ I'm not a man with degrees, high education. So forgive your father for being ignorant. I love you, Jinie. I could never hate you. As your father, I'm not gonna lie. This is not easy to get inside my brain but....I am open to learn from you. If this is how you feel about marriage and all, I promise that you won't be forced. 

Hyejin crossed her arms around her father and cried against his chest in silence for a while.

_____ Sweetie, why are you crying. I promise that I am going to dedicate time to learn about....your ual preference.

____ It's not preference, dad. It's orientation..we don't choose. But I'm not crying for that. I can't stop thinking of Byul-yi unnie being physically abused by her own father. And also....I am worried because the girl I like has an intolerant father and an absent mother, emotionally speaking. 

_____ Oh damn! Could I ever imagine that such a freaking expensive school was covered in and that I sent my daughter to the chamber of hell...How many bad parents could be gathered in the same place?

_____ Dad....even if you never accept my love for the girl I care about, please don't tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter