Confess

Love Works In Mysterious Ways

A/N: Hi! How are you? Hope that everyone is coping well. I am back with an update, enjoy!

------------------

Jennie felt a poke on her ribcage as she was fighting the urge to go back to sleep.

"Jennie, wake up," a soft and angelic voice was waking her up from her slumber. She then opened her eyes and was greeted by a certain redhead sitting on the bed, with a sweet smile on her face.

"I would rather wake up to this every day," whispered Jennie, in her husky voice, as she back hugged Jisoo after she pulling her down on the bed. This made Jisoo giggle and leant in closer to the raven head, savouring the moment.

"We should get out of bed, it's pretty late," said the redhead, as she tried to come to an upright position, but with Jennie's tight hold around her waist, all she could do was to lay in bed with the younger.

"The sun isn't that bright. I guess it's 10am?" Jennie whined and hugged the redhead even tighter and burrowed her face into the latter's neck.

"You have an eye for prediction and estimation, huh? Get up or we will miss a wonderful morning."

This made the younger loosen her grip around her waist. She turned around, facing the younger, before giving a peck on the younger's forehead. She then passed the toiletries and a set of clothes to the younger. She wanted to get up to make breakfast but was stopped by the younger's hand on her wrist.

"When do I get a kiss on the lips?" asked the raven head, while pouting.

"When we are officially together." Jisoo then pulled the younger close to her chest and hugged her before giving a peck on the head. She then walked off to the kitchen.

Jennie really wanted to make Jisoo hers. She really wanted to hold onto what's right in front of her. She didn't want to miss the chance. Her life was full of missed opportunities. It was time to catch hold of this moment. After a short reflection, she got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. She remembered yesterday's event, the date night with Irene and the night with Jisoo, but it was the latter event that made her smile so widely. She will definitely keep her words, she will take care of Jisoo no matter what.

------------------

"Hey, whatcha cooking, princess?" Jennie whispered into Jisoo's ear as she crept behind the older and wrapped her arms around the redhead's petite waist. It felt so right.

"Pancakes," Jisoo relaxed into the embrace and continued making breakfast while the younger was just enjoying the sight.

"Looks good," she began to pepper kisses along Jisoo's jawline and down her neck.

Jisoo quickly turned off the stove and turned around, putting her arms on Jennie's chest, pushing her away slightly.

"Jennie, everything's going too fast."

"I'm sorry. I really like you, a lot. I am falling in love with you every single time."

"I don't want you to be a replacement for my boyfriend."

"I understand, but I am definitely better than him."

"You are but what about Irene?" Jisoo then leaned in and their foreheads touched. The older locked eyes with the younger but soon, it drifted down to the younger's tempting and plump lips.

The question made the younger sigh, "I don't have any romantic feelings for her. I only treat her as a friend. I promise you are the only one in my heart..."

"I believe you, my lovely client," said Jisoo, as her eyes reverted back to the younger's gaze and hands on her cheeks. "Sit down and wait, your breakfast will be ready." The older pushed Jennie to the dining table.

Soon, breakfast was served and the older urged the younger to eat it.

"How is it?" asked Jisoo, smiling brightly as she saw how the younger's face lit up after the first bite.

"It really looks good and it tastes good too," remarked the younger, before giving two thumbs up. "Come on sit down and eat too," continued the younger, as she pulled Jisoo to the seat next to her.

While eating, Jisoo thought of doing something fun with Jennie on the weekend and brought up to her, "Jennie, let's go shopping. I owe you a shopping date."

"Is this our first official date?" asked the other, as she looked up at the redhead, with her face lit up. She remembered the shopping date that turned into a matchmaking date with Irene.

In response, Jisoo smeared maple syrup on Jennie's nose and this set them for a short catching session. The raven head chased after the older who was fleeing to the couch and soon caught up with her. She hugged the older from behind and landed on the couch on her back, with her arms held tightly around Jisoo's waist. On the other hand, the redhead had her hands on the younger's shoulders, supporting herself.

They were caught in a staring competition and soon, Jennie's eyes darted to the older's lips. She knew that she didn't have the rights to kiss her now, but she wanted to give it a try and the temptation was drawing her in. She leant towards Jisoo and the tip of her nose was almost touching Jisoo's. Jisoo then stopped her by putting a finger on the younger's lips. This made the ice princess pout but the red head made it up by kissing her nose and hit her forehead lightly. "Sweet," remarked the older, after tasting the maple syrup on her nose and quickly rolled out of her embrace and escaped to the dining room.

------------------

After lazing around, they first went to Jennie's house. As they got into the car, Jennie told Jisoo, "hey, I will drive us to my home first so that I can change. We will go somewhere, wherever you want. Think about it."

"Let's go to the mall. There is a really good cafe," said Jisoo, while leaning against Jennie and showed the pictures of the desserts.

"I am game for it."

After a 20 minutes drive, they reached Jennie's house.

"Oh Jennie, you are back!" greeted Jennie's mother as she entered her house.

"Hi mom, I am back."

"Oh Jisoo is here," asked her mother. Her mother was shocked but began to smile. She wanted to thank the matchmaker for introducing Irene to her daughter.

"Yea, I am going to change. We are going shopping later," said Jennie as she went up the stairs to her room.

"Come here Jisoo. Let's talk first while Jennie changes," Mrs Kim beckoned the matchmaker to sit next to her.

"How are you, Jisoo?" asked Mrs Kim as she patted the younger's hands.

"I am good."

"Thank you for finding Jennie a date. She has been going out so often for the past month. I think it is her colleague... Irene is it? I think they are progressing well. Do you know that Jennie did not come home yesterday? She must be spending a night with Irene. Thank you so much." Mrs Kim continued to pat on the back of her palm but Jisoo was trying to not show any signs on her face that Jennie stayed over at her place yesterday.

"No worries, you came to us for this matter and we will definitely help," said Jisoo, trying to mask the awkward tone. What if Mrs Kim knew that Jisoo had screwed it up and had made Jennie fall for her instead?

"What are you two talking about?" asked Jennie, as she walked down the stairs, in a white sweater and jeans.

"Nothing much, about her business. My friends are interested in matching their children after your successful date with your colleague," beamed Mrs Kim. She was glad that her daughter is finally receptive to the idea of matchmaking and dating.

Jennie gulped at the comment and her eyes were starting to dart around, avoiding her mother. She then came over, behind Jisoo, putting two hands on her shoulders and said, "that's good but today's a Saturday. Let her take a break. We are going, bye!" Not forgetting to drag the redhead out of the house by the wrist.

------------------

The two of them were enjoying their date at the mall. The first thing Jisoo did was to drag the cafe. She wanted to try a new line of drinks and cakes. Since the younger was with her, she could try all of them, "Jennie, get a table. I will get new drinks and pastries that they have here."

While waiting, Jennie was on her phone, playing mobile legends and soon, she looked up as she saw the older came back.

"Wow, isn't this a little too much?"

"These are the new line of beverages: pumpkin spice latte, honey cinnamon latte and pineapple matcha. Try the cakes too, pumpkin cake, matcha with golden milk cake and cinnamon tiramisu cake," said Jisoo as she set the cakes and drinks on the table, before bringing the tray to the tray return station.

"Actually these are really good," remarked the younger as she took a sip of the drinks and a bite of each slice of cake.

"I know right. They have the best items here and it is the only outlet that is in a mall. Let's come here more often!" said the redhead excitedly, as she began to eat.

The raven head nodded and spent some time at the cafe before shopping.

------------------

While walking around the mall, many people bumped into Jennie and there were a few occasions where Jennie tripped.

"Yah, what is with you?" The older teased. She decided to loop arms with Jennie's to stop her from getting into accidents.

"Maybe the Love Goddess is jealous that a beautiful girl like you has walked into my life and might become my girlfriend soon."

"You are seriously a flirt," this made Jisoo roll her eyes.

"Only for you, I swear," the younger beamed and put two fingers up.

They were walking around the mall, hand in hand and while walking pass a clothes shop, Jennie had her eyes on a blue and white floral printed dress and pulled Jisoo into the shop.

"You would look good in this," said the younger, as she took the dress from the rack, showing the redhead, "go and try it on".

The redhead took the dress and walked to the fitting room while Jennie first looked around at the store before settling at the seat near the fitting room to wait for Jisoo. As redhead stepped out of the fitting room with the dress on, she was awestruck and could only utter, "wow".

"Pretty?" asked Jisoo, while smiling from ear-to-ear. She did a slight twirl before sitting next to Jennie.

"Goddess-like," said the latter as she held the older's hand, staring into Jisoo's eyes.

This made her turn beetroot. It wasn't the first time she got complimented for her looks, but she was so flustered that she told Jennie that she would change out of it and ran to the fitting room. She breathed in and out, trying to calm her heart that was beating frantically. After changing, the two continued to shop around until Jisoo stopped for a moment and looked at the sweater on the rack. She then turned to Jennie, flashing her puppy eyes, "we should get this."

"You are into couple wear?" asked Jennie, rather surprised as they are both pass the age of wearing couple clothes.

"It's cute," she leant in, with her head on Jennie's shoulder.

"I think it's cute too," she gave in and ruffled Jisoo's hair.

Both of them went to pay for the dress and sweaters and while waiting in line, they were fighting to pay for all the items.

"You've made breakfast and paid for the desserts at the cafe. I will pay for it this time," she held onto Jisoo's hands.

"But..." she was hesitant of making the younger pay. The latter always paid for their meals together when eating out during lunch or dinner.

"No buts," demanded Jennie and they were already at the counter. She quickly paid with her Visa paywave.

After making their purchase, they were walking around the mall and soon, Jisoo received a call.

"Hello, omma?"

"Ok, I will be back. See you later at your house, bye!"

The redhead ended the call and turned to the younger, "my aunt has bought tickets for me and my mother to visit her. I will be going to Guam tomorrow morning, I can't stay for long. Sorry."

"I will miss you," said Jennie, as she pulled the redhead into an embrace. She will really miss her.

"I will probably be back on Wednesday, don't miss me too much," said Jisoo as she the younger's head. This time, she wanted to tease the younger. She had been too straight forward towards her. Now it was her turn.

"I will pick you up on Wednesday for work then. Let's go, I will drive you back now."