Surprise

Love Works In Mysterious Ways

A/N: Hello! The new chapter is up :) Enjoy! 

----------------------------

"You are such a tough nut to crack," Jennie could hear her matchmaker, Jisoo, sighed very deeply after complaining over the phone. They have gotten closer to the point that Jisoo would call her over the phone, for a chat, rather than for matchmaking purposes.

"Says the matchmaker who has a success rate of 99.9%." the younger of the two teased, hoping her matchmaker would give up. She was positive that she will not be matched anytime soon.

"It's strange that you don't develop feelings for those I have matched you with. Do you know that it only takes 3 secs to develop feelings for someone else?" Jennie could hear how puzzled Jisoo was but what to do, Jennie isn't called the ice princess for nothing, or maybe, she is only slowly melting for a certain someone.

"Work on it, princess," Jennie cheered her on while analysing the statistics for a client. Her client wanted to invest in some company during this period but it seemed to be quite unstable. It was better to search for other options, else they would snap at her once they start losing money and this could mean that Jennie could lose her job and credibility that she had established in the investment sector.

"I have a plan!" the matchmaker shouted through the phone and the investment consultant swore that her colleagues could hear Jisoo's booming voice.

"Great, let me get to work. I am employed, unlike you a boss, miss Matchmaker."

"Alright then, see you."

"Bye," Jennie hung up the phone after saying her goodbyes. The investment consultant started to miss the older's voice, but she was paid to do her job. Anyways, Jisoo would probably text her anytime soon.

While Jennie was working, ditto, she got tons of questions about her company from Jisoo via text. "What is she trying to do? Match me with my colleagues?" Jennie wondered to herself.

-------

-2 weeks later- 

"There is a new colleague from HR. She is hot." Jennie's colleagues from finance were talking about the new HR officer as she stepped into the office.

"A new colleague?" she asked, being curious. HR has been hiring many officers since she joined the company.

"Yea, HR just hired a new girl. I saw her outside as the HR manager was giving her a tour. Hope that she is in charge of hiring our department's staffs," Jackson, her best buddy literally had heart eyes. 

"A fresh grad? Usually, fresh grads are in charge of the paperwork. They only get to the real deal of the job after 6 months of training," she told him, and patted on his back, not wanting to burst his bubble but to let him be mentally prepared. Anyways, he can always pop by their department.

"Nah, I don't think so. I am hopeful," Jackson was literally praying.

"Right, hope you get your wish." she laughed, hoping that he does get his wish fulfilled.

While Jennie was replying to client's email, she had received an email from Jisoo and it had her company logo on it. "Gosh, the signature... she is the new HR colleague! Of all department, she chose HR? Oh my, I guess I will be matchmade almost every week!" Jennie was panicking inside, but hoping that Jisoo would not do anything funny since every corporate company has ther own rules.

She went to draft out another email.

Dear HR colleague, 

Congratulations on your new post. I cannot believe that you manage to be an HR officer. Please do not breach the personal data protection act for your matchmaking job.

Best regards, 
Your client 

Within seconds, she received an email.

Dear client, 

Thanks for your well-wishes. I am lucky to get this job! I will do well in both of my roles. Lunch later? :P

Cheers, 
Your Matchmaker

She just replied a, "maybe? Let you know later. Not sure if I will get busier later."

She went back to her job and worked until it was lunchtime. 

"Hey, do you want to go for lunch?" Jennie's colleagues were asking as they prepared to go for lunch.

"Oh, it is already lunchtime? I am still working on the proposal for a client. Go first," She shooed them away since the cafeteria will get crowded at this time.

"Do you want anything?" asked Jackson.

"No need, I will grab a sandwich later when I am taking a breather."

"Alright, see you later."

She remembered to give Jisoo a text. 

To: Jisoo the matchmaker

I am working on a proposal for a client. Go and have lunch with your colleagues instead.

Soon later, she got a text. 

From: Jisoo the matchmaker

I am crashing your department.

"This girl is stubborn. I better just get back to my proposal." Jennie shook her head.

"Hey, your sandwich." She felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Thanks! You sure know me. Are you sure that you are a matchmaker or the one being matched with me?" Jennie teased since Jisoo really does know her. 

Jisoo immediately threw the pack of sandwich at the girl and rolled her eyes, "Eat it now, you can flirt later."

The investment consultant's laptop was being taken away but thank god the matchmaker had saved the word document. 

"Food first before work." The girl preached while taking a bite on her sandwich.

"Alright, but seriously, why did you take up the job here? Aren't you busy with your business?" Jennie asked, curious about the older's own matchmaking agency.

"It's alright, my family members are meeting the clients on my behalf while I do the magic. Besides, this role is just a temp job, I am a locum," said the redhead.

"Seriously, there is no need to do all this just for me," Jennie explained to Jisoo. She did not really need the service. She just dislikes meeting people and settling down early. 

"I get extra income, it is fine. The job here is fun as well," the older reassured the younger.

"Why aren't you with your HR colleagues?" the younger challenged.

"I am new and I do feel slightly awkward around them, besides what if I reveal my real job? Anyways, I can tell that you are the kind that you don't take good care of yourself. I can even spend time with you to get to know you even more," said the redhead and she smiled.

"I don't need the matchmaking service though. My mom is just being paranoid," Jennie tried again.

"But I promised my mom that I would help Aunt Jeanette to matchmake you with a potential life partner."

"I heard that this matchmaking service is free though, on account of the years of friendship between our mothers. Why spend so much time that doesn't earn you anything?"

"I enjoy this friendship as well. You enjoy my company too right?" The redhead looked at the other girl, staring into her eyes. Jennie quickly looked away before the other could see her cheeks turning red.

"Of course, free lunch here," said the younger as she recovered from the slight trance and waved her half-eaten sandwich.