Progress

Love Works In Mysterious Ways

A/N: Hi all! Chapter 9 is ready :) Anyways, next one will be the last! Hope that you guys will enjoy this update and look forward to the ending :) It will most prob be ready by Sunday~

-------------------------

"Jisoo!"

The said girl was working at her shop when she heard someone call her. She instantly knew who it was.

"Hey, shouldn't you be working?" asked Jisoo. She ran to the raven head, giving her a huge hug and a peck on the lips, before snuggling into the crook of the slightly tan girl's neck, "I miss you."

That made the younger chuckle. They had only been apart for one night. She lightly the redhead's soft silky hair, "I took the day off. I have some good news to share."

After a pause, she continued, "since we are trying to speed up the matchmaking process, why don't I start by introducing a new business plan. I have a friend working in the creative field that can help you with upgrading your shop's social media and website. He also suggested creating a youtube channel to record the matchmaking journey of your clients from start to end."

Jisoo liked the idea. She was excited since this would quickly speed up the process of her mission.

"It seems feasible since many young people are into social media and this kind of genre might attract both the young and even the old. We can give it a try. Let me know your friend's contact and we can start soon."

"You should be. We are one step closer to our goal. I love you," said Jennie, as she tightened her hug around Jisoo's waist.

"I love you too," the redhead whispered into the younger girl's ear.

Soon, they heard the doorbell rang and Jisoo's mother entered the shop, pleasantly surprised to see her daughter's girlfriend at her shop.

"What a surprise, Jennie. Not working today?" asked Mrs Kim.

"I took the day off. My friend has a great idea and I have shared it with Jisoo. Let me share it with you too," said the raven head, as she held onto the older Kim as they both walked to the counter. The two younger ones shared the new business plan.

"I think it is a good idea. You two can work on it. I see that Jennie is ready to marry into our family and help with the business," teased Mrs Kim. She was thrilled to know that both of them got together. She even shared the good news to her friend and Jennie's mother, Jeanette. It was a shock for Jennie's mother as she brought Jennie to Jisoo, to have her daughter to be matchmade but Jennie ended up with Jisoo instead.

In response to that teasing, she just pulled Jisoo closer to her and said, "I am looking forward to that day."

After the two had got together, Jennie had been helping out at the shop every weekend and every other day. She would also stop by during lunch to deliver food to the other Kims and also after work, to accompany her girlfriend at her shop. Even though she doesn't get much rest, it was fulfilling and fun to work at her girlfriend's shop. She was also an avid photographer, taking on the role of a photographer for wedding pictures. Since their business is not only a matchmaking agency but also encompasses wedding planning, a whole package, to help her clients from forming a relationship to completing a wedding. Jennie hadn't had much chance to see Jisoo work at the office, but seeing her work as a matchmaker, it stole her heart on how serious the redhead can be in her job. That made Jennie fall in love with Jisoo even more. She was glad that she stopped by Jisoo's apartment that night.

- Flashback -

"I like you too."

Jisoo had finally confessed her feelings to Jennie. The latter stood up and held the redhead by the waist and pulled her closer, with barely much space between them.

"I am not letting you go anymore." She stared a straight into Jisoo's eyes.

"Jennie..." uttered Jisoo. The domineering nature of Jennie was one of the reasons that made her fall in love with the younger girl.

"The love god can't harm me when I am standing close to you. Do you know why?" said Jennie and she paused for a moment before replying to her own question, "they can't hurt you because you need to fulfil your mission."

The redhead giggled and leant in, her forehead touching Jennie's and held onto the younger's arms, "you are so cheeky, but you know what, I will not let go too, I promise."

Jennie was mesmerised and her heart skipped a beat at that answer. Jisoo had finally accepted her. She leant in, got closer and closer. As she lightly closed her eyes, she felt her lips touched Jisoo's. Their lips moulded perfectly. She nibbled Jisoo's lips and tasted the sweet strawberry taste and wanted more. Their lips moved in sync and their first kiss turned into something even more passionate, full of love and longingness. They both have waited too long for this moment. Jennie finally believed in fate and destiny. Everything happened for a reason and Jisoo had finally found the love of her life. Even as a matchmaker, she wants to take control of her love life. They are willing to make everything work, as long as they are together because they are in love.

- End of Flashback -

"Come on, we have a wedding shoot to work on," said Jennie when the clock struck 11 am.

"Is that why you took the day off?" asked the matchmaker, surprised that Jennie knew about the photoshoot.

"Maybe, I wanted to help out. I may not have a professional background in photography but I do have talents," said the younger, walking into the storeroom to get all the supplies they need for the shoot.

-------------------------

After reaching the shoot location, all of them were busy setting up and preparing. The groom went to change while Jisoo was putting on makeup for the bride. Jennie, on the other hand, was setting up the camera and equipment needed for the shoot. She was done after a while and started to look around. Her eyes landed on Jisoo who was working and decided to move a little closer, to capture the moment.

"Yah! You should take pictures of the couples and not me," exclaimed the redhead as if she was watched while putting on makeup for the bride. As she turned around, she saw the lens pointed directly towards her and a could clicking sound from the camera shutter.

"You two are very cute. Never seen the photographer taking pictures of the lady boss and not the couple," chuckled the bride. The bride is a friend of Jisoo and was glad to see her friend in a stable relationship.

"Don't mind her," said Jisoo, after pushing the younger away lightly and continued with her task.

-------------------------

After a long day of work and a short dinner, the girls were so tired but it was an amazing day, as they worked together. While walking side-by-side, Jennie went and grab hold of Jisoo's hands and they swing their clasped hands to and fro, enjoying their quiet moment.

"Come on, let's go to my place," said the redhead, dragging both of them to the carpark.

While driving, Jennie's hand was always holding onto Jisoo's.

"So clingy today?" asked Jisoo. She was oddly surprised at how clingy the younger had been.

"It has been more than a month since we have been together but I still miss our skinship. Being away from you makes me miss you even more. You know, I miss having you around at my office," said the raven head, as they were waiting at the red light. Jennie was starting to get used to her new routine but sadly, Jisoo had already finished her work contract by that time. She pondered a while before asking, "should I quit my job?"

Soon the headlight turned green and Jisoo ushered the younger to drive.

While they reached Jisoo's apartment, both of them continued the conversation they had in the car. They were lazing on Jisoo's bed but none of them spoke up as Jennie was waiting for Jisoo's answer.

"You should give it a few more years. You are doing well in your job," reasoned the older.

"Yes, boss," saluted the younger. She will gladly listen to the redhead. Soon, she went to attack the older’s lips, moving in sync. As Jisoo gasped slightly for air and she took the chance to slip her tongue into Jisoo's mouth, on her tongue. Jennie was hovering above the redhead and her hands started to roam around the slightly shorter girl’s body, feeling her small frame under her. Her soft skin, smooth neckline, her baby-faced cheeks. She was not only hungry for a kiss but also hungry for touches. The touch satisfied the older girl so much that she broke the kiss and went for the younger’s neck. She leaned in and peppered soft kisses on Jennie's neck. After a short make-out session, they laid on the bed, with Jisoo, laying on Jennie.

“I love you,” confessed the older while staring at the younger.

"I love you too."