Feelings

Love Works In Mysterious Ways

A/N: Hey all! An update is ready. Enjoy! I may be able to do 1 more update next week but subsequently, I may take 2-3 weeks to update the next chapter because of exam weeks. Anyways, just 3 more weeks before my semester break and I will be able to write more often. Thank you for supporting 'LWIMW' and stay tuned for the next chapter! Hope that the story is interesting and that you all like how it is unfolding :)

---------------------

Jennie had been going out with Irene every other day and it was because her dear matchmaker who would create the chance for them to go on dates. How about her and Jisoo? The older seemed to be avoiding her a little more than usual. Her matchmaker had told her to drive Irene to and from work instead and the only alone time they get is when Jennie had to personally invite the older for lunch.

"Kim Jisoo," said Jennie, as she was standing next to the HR staff, ready to grab the girl if she were to leave.

"Oh, hey Jennie!"

Jennie did not expect an answer like this. She had imagined the older fleeing off to somewhere as she would usually do. Nonetheless, she's glad that things unfolded this way instead.

"Don't hey me. You have been avoiding me for close to a month. Let's go," remarked Jennie as she pulled the older and took her handbag, not forgetting to put the desktop computer to sleep mode before dragging the redhead to the elevator.

"Where are we going? Asked Jisoo, she was definitely not expecting this. Her department was planning to takeaway food and eat at the pantry but she's not complaining since she did avoid the younger for a while and missed her dearly.

"Lunch, obviously. Where else. Unless you want me to bring you somewhere special. I don't mind," replied Jennie, staring hard at Jisoo in the eyes.

"Stop joking around," the redhead could only force out a laughter and awkwardly punched the younger on her shoulder. She quickly entered the elevator as the door opened. Thank goodness they were alone.

"I miss you," said the younger, as soon as the elevator shut close.

"Sorry, I have been busy," that was all Jisoo could say. She did not have a good reason to feel touched, firstly because Jennie is her matchmaking client and secondly, they were not meant to be together, to the best of her knowledge.

"Busy pushing me to Irene, I guess," muttered Jennie under her breath. She was not satisfied with the answer at all. Her brows furrowed and looked very pissed.

"What did you say?" Asked the older, placing a hand on the younger's folded arms, finally looking Jennie in the eye. This made the raven head soften her features and decided to forgive the older. She couldn't stay mad at Jisoo for long.

"Nothing. Any place in mind?" Asked Jennie.

"Something that you like for once. Steak?" Jisoo suggested. The younger had been so accommodating and always brought her to eat her favourite food. It was time for a change.

On the way to their lunch venue, they were quite chatty, probably because they haven't been spending much time together. Jennie was glad that everything was going well. This time, she is the positive one.

---------------------

After a great lunch, they were now back at the office. Unfortunately, they bumped into Irene at the lobby and Jisoo conveniently did what she had done for the past month.

"Hey Irene, you look so pretty. You should go out with Jennie later!" The older pushed Irene and Jennie closer before fleeing into a crowded elevator. The redhead waved to the two ladies as the door closed, with an awkward smile directed to the younger raven head.

"She seems off," asked Irene with concern.

"She's always a little off, isn't she? I guess it is an order from our matchmaker. Let's meet at your level's reception counter later?"

"Sure thing," said Irene before planting a sweet kiss on Jennie's cheek.

---------------------

While Jennie was driving home from her date night, she saw that Jisoo called her, and she immediately answered the call using her AirPods.

"Hey princess, whatcha story? You know what, I still haven't forgotten about just now. Stop pushing me to..." said Jennie, as she answered the call but was soon cut off by Jisoo.

"Hey, Jennie! Woohoo, it's a beautiful night! Let me facetime you," said Jisoo but she sounded weird.

"You alright?" Jennie was so concerned. The other sounded weird, almost a little too high and her words slurred a little. She pulled to the side of the road and looked at her phone.

"Look! The nice water body, midnight blue sky and a soft green patch of grass," said the older but all Jennie could see was the redhead twirling around on her spot. She looked at the video carefully to identify any key landmarks that could help her find the redhead and soon she spotted a familiar sight. Han river, bingo.

"Stay where you are, don't leave the place. I will be there. Most importantly, don't end the call! Just talk to me."

While driving, she was glad that the older followed her warning. However, good things don't last long and she could soon hear sobs from the other end of the call and the facetime ended almost immediately. She panicked for a moment and was worried that the older might be in danger. When she reached the Han river and got out of the car, she was glad to see Jisoo still there, sitting on the grass by the river, unharmed.

"Why is a beautiful girl sitting by the river, crying her eyes out?" asked Jennie, as she took a seat next to the redhead, putting her jacket around the other girl's small frame.

She hoped that the other would share her problems. With that cue, Jisoo leaned on the raven head's shoulder and looped her arms around the younger's arms.

"Since I was young, I was able to match people together, because of my special ability," said Jisoo, as she gazed at the river.

With all those empty beer cans around her, Jennie thought that she was joking.

"What special ability?" asked the raven head, maybe she could get something out from this conversation.

"I can see red threads connecting couples together. This means that they are destined to be together. But why is it that I am not able to find my true love? I guess, this is my fate, as a matchmaker." she slurred at the end, suddenly chuckling at her own misery. Fate is too cruel to Jisoo. She just wanted to find her happy ending too, even when she is the one who brings people together.

"Have you regretted not being able to find your true love?" Jennie decided to play along.

"I do, but I have to accept that with great power comes with great responsibility." She looked at Jennie with sadness and leaned in. Jennie was trapped in Jisoo's gaze.

"Why is it that I can't see my own red thread and funny, I can't see yours too." she was creeping dangerously close to Jennie's face but all she got was a slap on her forehead.

"The toughest nut to crack," continued Jisoo, as she got up and started to dance.

Jennie held on her reddened forehead and chuckled while watching the matchmaker dance the night away. Jisoo's beauty basked under the moonlight and she was slowly falling in love with the older again.

After a while, the redhead slumped against the raven head's side and fell asleep, probably due to exhaustion and the alcohol kicking in her system. Jennie took a good look at Jisoo and thought to herself, "you are beautiful even in your sleep. I guess you are much more pleasant when you are quiet too. I don't know why I like you but you are making me fall in love with you, even more, every single time."

After that short monologue, she carried Jisoo in her arms and brought her back to the latter's apartment.

---------------------

While carrying Jisoo back to her unit, she felt the older wrap her arms tighter around her shoulders and snuggled even closer, "Hey, you alright? What happened?"

Soon she heard light snores and the girl was definitely just adjusting her position in her sleep.

"Jisoo, we are here already. Get down on your feet so that you can unlock your door," said Jennie as she tried to wake the redhead up.  The younger could feel a shake of the head on her shoulder, indicating that Jisoo didn't want to let go.

"Damn this girl, always finding trouble for me," Jennie muttered to herself and tried to search through the redhead's handbag for the keys.

"I will unlock for you and settle you down before I go, ok?" Said Jennie, hoping that the older was still awake. She managed to unlock the door and carried the older, bridal style to her couch. She made sure that Jisoo was laying comfortably before locking the door. When she returned back to the couch, she looked at the redhead lovingly and adjusted her hair, looking at how peaceful the beauty was with her eyes closed and shallow breathing.

"What happened, Jisoo? You almost scared me."

She wasn't expecting an answer as Jisoo looked like she was asleep. Soon, the silence was broken and the older got up, this time looking soberer and laid on Jennie's shoulder.

"He... he broke up with me," confessed Jisoo.

"Your boyfriend?" Jennie asked very carefully, hoping not to cause any more sadness to the redhead.

The latter nodded and the younger just couldn't bear seeing her like that.

"Look, he doesn't deserve you. Remember, you are the greatest matchmaker. You are a filial daughter, the kindest woman on earth, and a hard worker. You will definitely find someone worthy of your love ok? Cheer up. You are young! There are many people out there. And you are a matchmaker yourself, find someone who will love you for who you are and treat you right," said Jennie, as she positioned the older and herself such that she was looking at the older right in the eye and said with conviction.

"That is the thing, I am a matchmaker, and yet I can't even find the perfect match for myself."

Jisoo broke down once again and the younger could only pray that it doesn't make the older cry even harder. Jennie pulled Jisoo closer to her and her hair, whispering "it's ok, let it all out."

After a while, the raven head looked at the other girl and she was definitely calming down from all the emotions.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" Asked Jennie, ready to leave.

"Can you stay with me?" Jisoo held onto Jennie's wrist and tugged her back down to the couch.

"Sure," Jennie carried Jisoo and brought her into her room, settling the other comfortably on the bed before getting onto the same bed. With Jisoo's head on her chest and arms around her waist, Jennie the long silky red hair before planting a kiss as the older seemed to drift into sleep.

"I promise to take care of you even if you are not my destined partner. I love you, Kim Jisoo."

Jisoo had heard it all and her heart was filled with warmth and she restrained herself from reciprocating that act, keeping the sweet memory in her mind.

Soon, both of them drifted to sleep with a huge smile plastered on their faces.

---------------------

A/N pt 2: Aye, things are progressing rather quickly, already sleeping together on the same bed (hahaha don't be a byuntae :P, justly merely sleeping). Let's see whether will they advance any further, but what about IrenexJennie ship :') Seeya all in the next chapter!