Maybe

Love Works In Mysterious Ways

A/N: Hey all! An update. Hope that the development of the story isn't too fast or too slow. Hope that you guys will enjoy this rather short update (sorry TT Turns out that it is lesser than my usual word count after typing the chapter).

-----------------

It has been 2 weeks since Jisoo had joined the company. She had been making friends with everyone in the office, probably trying to establish some connections to help her client, Jennie, find her match. It was funny how she asked her co-workers of their relationship statuses as part of the introduction. She would often pass it off as doing a free face or palm reading. Thank God for her skills or else it would be awkward especially when her co-workers gave her the weird look.

It was initially difficult during the first week and she remembered about how she lamented that to the investment consultant.

"I think I took the wrong approach," sighed Jisoo, as she leant against Jennie after a day of work. Working 2 jobs is tough. She has a few other matchmaking clients, but they were easier to match with. Jennie's a really difficult case.

"I guess it is hard for me to find love. Give up, princess, or I can be your secret lover," suggested Jennie, as she gave the slightly older lady a wink.

"Yah yah yah, I have a boyfriend," warned the older and she continued, not forgetting to sigh,

"also if you could use your flirtatious side on the matches I've set you up with."

"Alright, princess. But I don't hear much about him though and I feel that you are spending more time with me instead. Anyways, how do you manage your time with 2 jobs and a boyfriend? I barely have time to do the things that I like," remarked Jennie but she could see a weird expression on the redhead's face when she mentioned about her boyfriend. She shrugged it off and probably thought that she was reading too much into her expression.

"No wonder you are destined to be tied down to work," replied the older, not forgetting to give the younger girl a knock on her forehead.

-----------------

Jennie was tasked to go to the audit department, which was on the same floor as HR. As she was walking to the audit department, she passed by the pantry to find Jisoo sipping on a cup of hot coffee.

"Break time?" asked the younger, as she popped her head into the pantry.

"Nope, I am bored. Do you know that I have made friends with every eligible person in the office but no one knows you? You should get out of your cubicle and meet people. At least your picture did some justice. Good news, some are interested. Be prepared to go dating these few weeks. Let's go shopping after work," suggested Jisoo, before taking a sip on her coffee.

"How did she get my photo?" Jennie wondered to herself and walked into the pantry, taking the seat beside her.

"Which photo of mine do you have?" Asked the raven head curiously. After racking her brain for a while, she concluded that it must be her mother.

"Mom..." she groaned internally. She wished that her mom would be sneezing nonstop.

The matchmaker instead showed a picture of Jennie presenting on her team's sales for the 4th quarter.

"Oops, sorry mom," she apologised internally.

"Where did you get it from? I can even see the graph of my sales," she asked while examining the picture after taking the phone from the older.

"I bet the people who are interested in is my money. You need to thank Jackson for taking this awesome picture. Seems obvious, I remember that he was sitting directly opposite me," continued Jennie, before returning the phone to the redhead.

"Money is an added bonus. Besides, I did some QC. They are really nice people. The first one is Irene Bae from public relations," the older reassured her, giving the younger a tap on the shoulder.

"Okay... I do not know her," the younger forced a laughter.

"She is lovely. Trust me." The glint in Jisoo's eyes made her fall in love with the other a little deeper.

The investment consultant told her matchmaker that she would be back after dropping the files at audit. While she was back, she found Jisoo talking to a lady, a really beautiful lady.

"You are in luck, this is Irene," said Jisoo as she that Jennie was back. She even gestured the other girl to come into the pantry.

Jennie greeted the lady and was awestruck. She found the other lady really beautiful in her black mini dress and a matching black blazer. The youngest of them all made sure to give the PR officer a confident and firm handshake.

"Hello, Irene. I guess I don't need to introduce myself since our lovely HR staff has told you everything about me," she was subtly glaring at the redhead but putting on her best innocent smile in front of Irene.

"Why not you guys go for a date today, maybe a dinner. That way you two would have a longer time to get to know each other," said the matchmaker as she pushed the other 2 ladies together and patted on their shoulders before walking out of the pantry.

"Wait, our shopping appointment!" Jennie thought out loud and stretched out her hand internally, hoping that the other girl would not go away. She was also slightly annoyed that the older girl even cancelled their shopping date.

"I am free tonight, do you want to go out later?" asked Irene, giving the younger a charming smile.

"Erm, sure," Jennie did not have the heart to turn down the offer from the charming lady.

"Any dietary restriction?" asked Jennie.

"Nope," replied the other and flashing her charming smile once again. Maybe Jennie would give it a try.

"I will meet you here later."

As Jennie was heading back to her department, she decided to drop by HR to confront the redhead.

"Hey, I thought we are supposed to go shopping together?"

"Strike while the iron is hot. Besides, Irene can bring you out shopping later," replied the older, with a goofy grin. That grin made the younger's heart wince. Maybe Jisoo only treated her as a client and maybe a friend. That made Jennie sigh internally.

The raven head sighed and told her, "Irene is lovely, I will give this date a chance."

"Great! I bet you will thank me for finding you the best girlfriend and I can quit this job!" Jisoo exclaimed almost too loudly.

"Do you hate this job?" Asked the younger. Work became much more fun ever since Jisoo joined the company. She cannot imagine work life without the other.

"Nope, I just miss being out on the field as a matchmaker.”

Jennie could tell that the older really missed her main job and was very apologetic about it.

"Alright. I better head back, see ya for lunch maybe?" asked Jennie, with a slightly hopeful tone. She had a feeling that she will not be able to spend more time with her favourite co-worker/ matchmaker friend soon.

"Sure, finally someone is having lunch."