Success?

Love Works In Mysterious Ways

A/N: Hey all! A new update. Enjoy! 

-------------------

Before her date, Jennie had asked Jisoo of Irene's preferences. She didn't want to impress her date but just wanted to treat her right and be fair. Jennie indeed likes her matchmaker, but the latter is taken, isn't she? Sighs. According to her matchmaker, Irene hates chicken and no other information was given. She decided to settle for Japanese food since there are a plethora of options.

After work, she went to the PR department to find her date.

"Hey gorgeous, you ready?" She saw Irene waiting at the couch. The latter wasn't wearing the blazer and that made her dress look really good on her.

"Sure, where are we going?" asked Irene, as she got up from the couch.

"Do you like Japanese food?" Jennie initially wanted to keep it a secret but it was good to ask for her opinion.

"I like that, let's go!"

Irene was looping her arm around Jennie's. It did not feel uncomfortable, but it did remind her of the times of how Jisoo would do that whenever they were outside together. Ever since Jisoo had joined the company, she has been fetching the girl to and from work. Today, instead of driving the redhead home, she is out on a date. She got to be used to this break from her usual routine.

The date with Irene was lovely even though they were just getting to know each other. Irene is really mature but still a fun person to be around. However, throughout the date, she was thinking of someone else.

She reminisced the time she and Jisoo were eating at this restaurant. The older had ordered another bowl of rice after finishing her first bowl.

"Aren't you full?" Asked Jennie as she raised a brow.

"Nope, the rice is so good," replied Jisoo, disappointed when she found that there wasn't any grain of rice left in her bowl.

"I wonder how do you still keep a good figure despite eating so much rice. Also, their speciality here is the sashimi. Finish the sashimi with your rice," the raven head used her chopsticks to point at the side dishes.

Jennie suddenly chuckled while reminiscing and that made Irene ask, "what's so funny?"

That snapped Jennie back to the current moment.

"Oh, nothing. By the way, what do you do during your free time?" asked Jennie to divert her attention and focus on her date.

While Irene was conversing with her, Jennie was constantly reminding herself to not be distracted and focus on her date, that was in front of her.

After the date, she drove Irene home and before the latter went into her apartment, she gave Jennie a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you for the date. I enjoyed it," said Irene, with a shy smile.

Jennie smiled sheepishly, with a hand on her cheek.

"Being with someone must be nice. Why was I single for too long?" Jennie thought to herself. Maybe it is time to open up to possibilities.

-------------------

While driving home, she received a text from a certain someone. She pulled to the side of the road and looked at her text.

Jisoo the matchmaker: How was your date?

Jennie: It was great!

Jisoo the matchmaker: Call me later? I want to know everything about it. This is the best response from you so far.

Jennie mentally nodded to the chat and drove back home with a smile on her face.

-------------------

After a hot shower and getting ready to go to bed, Jennie whipped out her phone from her pocket and called her matchmaker, "Hey, princess!"

"Jennie, you should stop calling me that or else Irene will be jealous," said Jisoo, even though it was obvious that she liked the nickname.

"Nah, it is my nickname for you," replied Jennie, insisting to call her that.

"It isn't that special. You probably used it on other girls," replied Jisoo and the younger could imagine the redhead giving her a merong.

"What would you like then?" The raven head played along.

"Ok, wait, that is not the point of the conversation. Anyways, do you like your date with Irene?" Asked Jisoo excitedly.

"It is one of the best dates so far," remarked Jennie. She did enjoy her date today, not sugar-coating it at all.

"That's great. You know, I am almost too worried that you might lower my success rate," teased Jisoo.

"Seriously, 99.9% seems unbelievable. Did you really calculate it or just come up with a random number to bait people into your business?" Asked the raven head seemly suspicious of the number.

"It is a legit business with a 99.9% success rate. It has been like that since my grandmother's time," explained the redhead. She is used to people being sceptical about the statistics.

"So, you are the 3rd generation? Your shoulders must be feeling heavy with me as your client," the younger laughed sheepishly, after knowing the history of the matchmaking business.

"The most interesting case so far," the older giggled.

"That's good to hear. You need a good challenge sometimes," the younger smiled while replying.

"Wait, we are diverting from the main topic. How's your date?"

Jisoo was still excited about the outcome.

"It was great," said the younger.

"And?" Jisoo was expecting more.

"It was fun. She's nice. I don't know. It is just one date. What can I say?"

Jennie really did not know to explain it.

"Does she make your heartbeat uncontrollably?" Asked the redhead. She needed more details. She could feel her heart rate quickened while anticipating for the answer.

"Erm... no. I don't know, slightly? All I can say is that she has a really charming smile," said the younger.

"Sounds good."

Why did Jisoo feel a sense of relief after hearing that answer?

"You always make things sound positive anyways."

The two ladies were chatting on other stuff, work, and even miscellaneous things. Even though they were talking through the phone, Jennie could imagine how Jisoo was with her animated gesturing and her 4D personality. She chuckled while imagining all that and that made the latter ask, "what are you laughing at?"

"You," confessed the younger, with a soft and shy voice. The first time Jisoo ever heard this tone from the younger.

"What about me?" The older probed curiously.

"You are just really fun. Only if I met you earlier," said Jennie after taking in a deep breath. It's all or nothing for her. Irene's fun but Jisoo's of another level. Nothing could beat the joy she gets being with the redhead, even if it is a phone call or a text message.

"Ok, I'm so sleepy. See you tomorrow," rambled the older at the other end, with a slightly flustered tone and Jennie could hear all that clearly.

Jisoo immediately hung up the phone call. Jennie was confused after hearing a beeping tone and mumbled, "good night...".  Unknown to the raven head, there was a huge blush on a certain redhead's face.