→ _babybop_ ♥

→ la la land ♥ [hiatus]

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Park Bom – You and I

characters: Lee Jihyun, Kwon Jiyong

minor characters: Jade Horvejkul, Kang Hanny, Kwon Minji, Big Bang members

by Dorkazoid

 

I walked down our school’s hallway with my head ducked down. I hugged my books on my chest and walked as fast as I could. I was secretly hoping that they wouldn’t find me. Even though I came a little late in school today, I didn’t care. I wanted to avoid them. And as much as possible, I want to go home, unharmed and alive.

Just a few more steps, I thought to myself. Just a few more steps and I would survive my first class. And then there are seven more classes to survive but this would be a good start. Yes, it would be a really good start if she gets in the classroom.

“There she is!”

Oh, no.

Not again.

“Hey, hot stuff!” I hated it when she calls me that. I stopped, my heart throbbing against my ribcage. I was so nervous that I was feeling my hands starting to sweat. I hated it. Even though Jade Horvejkul is one of the prettiest and the most popular people here in the campus, her attitude was the worst. But others could be, like ten times worse than her.

I didn’t reply. I didn’t because I knew they were just going to make fun of me if I ever did. And besides, I always end up stuttering, which by the way, isn’t a good comeback when you’re being bullied. Just… keep away from bullies. Makes you happier than I am right now.

“Why are you quiet, sweetheart?” Kang Ha Ni, or mostly known as Hanny, has this devious doll-like face that fools everyone into thinking she’s a real, charming person. In fact, she’s not. If I were to choose the only good thing in her, it would be her face. Don’t let her face deceive you. She’s a real when boys aren’t particularly around. “Didn’t you miss us?”

“Ooh, I bet she does,” Kwon Minji adds, feigning a sweet tone. Kwon Minji is the last member of their . Being the youngest among the three—since she’s still a freshman like me and all—she actually has the worst attitude. There were times when Jade and Hanny weren’t remarkably happy hanging out with her because of her brat personality.

“Did Daddy spank you a little harder this time?” Jade asks in a sweet, mocking tone. I’ve tried my best to hide my family background. But since these three girls could do anything they want and have anything they want in any possible way, they found out about it eventually.

You see, my mom died when I was around 5 years old. My dad said she died because of a fatal car accident and he accuses me of killing my mom. Technically, I don’t know the whole story of it but I don’t have a mother anymore. I’m staying in my dad’s house, which is the worst case scenario, because there’s one secret about our family I haven’t told anyone: my father beats me.

And since Jade, Hanny and Minji know about it, they think that I’m doing a forbidden relationship with my own father. They started teasing me about that, like, ten months ago. At first, I cried a lot about it since people gradually knew. However, I’ve gotten used to it and tried my best to ignore it anyway.

Besides, the people seem to forget about it now.

Hanny smiles mockingly. “Aww, tell me. Was he rough?”

I didn’t respond. Trust me, it’s better that way. All these things they’re saying are horrendous. They kept laughing and telling me these horrible things about my alleged ual relationship with my father—which is never true. I let it pass. Besides, it’s no use trying to fight back.

“Yah, Jade Horvejkul, Kang Ha Ni and Kwon Minji.”

I froze, recognizing that awfully familiar voice. I looked down, my hands beginning to tremble. He was standing in front of me. Not now, I wished desperately. Please not now. I don’t want any more trouble than I already have.

“Oh, Jiyong oppa!” Jade greeted, rushing to him and throwing her arms all over him. “I’m glad you came. Do you want to join us? We’re currently asking naughty Jihyun about her night with naughtydaddy.”

I waited for him to say something or start teasing me. The last thing I wanted was Kwon Jiyong, the school’s biggest player, to join them and tease me, too. If it was him, then I couldn’t even survive one minute of it. Even though he’s a year older than me, I still see him everywhere because he’s known to date anyone from freshmen to seniors. And he doesn’t leave them unsatisfied after rounds of you-know-what.

But he leaves them heart broken, of course. He doesn’t date a woman for more than a week.

I am probably the only survivor who hasn’t dated Jiyong.

Or a couple of geeks under scholarship.

And his friends are right behind him, with amused looks on their faces. What have I done to have them show up right away? Jiyong acts as a leader in their group.

Theoretically, from what I’ve heard, Big Bang isn’t just the only group in the campus. They’re affiliates with a queenka group, too, called 2NE1.

“Don’t you guys have anything better to do?” He snapped, which caused my head to jerk up. I shot him a surprised look. A really surprised one. “At least she cares about her studies. Do you girls care? Shut the up about her personal life, get your filthy asses back in your ing classes and stop acting like you rule this place. You girls don’t.”

I watched the girls’ expression turned from happy to rage. They shot Jiyong the deadliest glare I’ve ever seen before leaving embarrassed.

Now it’s just him and me alone.

And his friends, of course.

“I-I-I won’t say thank you!” I uttered immediately, not meeting his gaze. “I didn’t ask you to save me.”

And with that, I immediately ran away as fast as I could.

_______________________________

One of my favorite places in YG High School was the music room. That room wherein all the musical instruments are all stocked up, of course. It makes me feel calm when I’m near the instruments. It makes me even happier when I start playing and getting into my zone. I forget about my surroundings. It’s just me, myself and I. I like it that way.

That’s why, despite of being bullied constantly, there’s something good when I come here. It shoos my fears and troubles away.

I made sure I locked the door before I settled myself in the piano. The room has soundproof walls which make it a lot better because no one will find me here. Besides, who would want to hang out in this kind of place? The floors are grubby. Most windows are broken. Anyone could barely breathe in here.

But I’m an exception. It’s like I’m totally immune from the dirt and filth.

I sat down and ran my hand against the piano black and white keys. Inhaling deeply, I tried to find the right feeling. When I did, my hands began moving and playing the song my mom used to sing me to sleep.

I wasn’t even concerned about my surroundings when I felt a warm presence next to me. As I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see Kwon Jiyong standing beside me. I almost fell off my seat. What was he doing here? And most importantly, why are there a lot of teddy bears lying around? How come I never noticed this?

“W-w-what are you doing here?” I asked, stammering. I felt my cheeks turn red. He was standing too close.

Jiyong shot me his trademark smile, making my knees melt. “Confessing.”

“What?” Did I hear him right? He was confessing? “You’re probably mistaken. I’m sure I’m not the person you’re…” I trailed off.

“I know you, Lee Jihyun,” Jiyong says, grabbing the bouquet of flowers. “I’ve been watching you play the same song every time you come here. I don’t actually have the courage to tell you what I feel because I at that the most. You probably never even notice me.”

I notice you. All freaking time.

“But when you see me,” he continued, “I’m always making someone cry and or breaking a girl’s heart. I’m not technically the best person you can rely on but I’ll try to be. I’m not the best boyfriend material like Youngbae or Seunghyun but I swear I’ll only look at you. I’ve stopped fooling around months ago but you haven’t probably noticed it.”

Oh, so that’s why. I haven’t seen him around with girls lately.

“Okay, now I’m really nervous,” Jiyong mutters to himself. He nudged my arm. “Say something.”

“What am I supposed to say?” I asked. “You didn’t ask me anything.”

“Oh, right!” He face-palmed himself and handed me the flowers. “Um, will you be my girlfriend?”

I glanced at him, taken aback. “W-what?” Did he just…? He did.

“I know, I know,” he starts talking again. “It’s too fast. We barely know each other. Well, I know you a lot. I’ve been watching you play and I guess that’s how I…”

I gave him a small smile. “Okay. Let’s start from the beginning then.” I extended my hand towards him. “Hi, I’m Lee Jihyun and I would be glad to be your girlfriend.”

Jiyong gave her the biggest smile he’s ever had. He leaned closer, kissing her on the cheeks. “Hi, I’m Kwon Jiyong,” he replied casually. “I’m the school’s biggest player and kingka but have fallen in love with Lee Jihyun. I’ll save the best kiss for last.”


 

a/n: sorry if it seems rushed. i swear, this has become my usual line.

this is me again, shamelessly advertising my new fic feat. kim sunggyu with special participation of top & cnblue's jonghyun. click this!