→ -Eevee- ♥

→ la la land ♥ [hiatus]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

INFINTE – She’s Back

characters: Kim Sunggyu, Eve Lee

minor characters: INFINITE members

by Dorkazoid

 

“I promise I’ll be back.”

He intertwined his hand with hers, giving her a compassionate look. He didn’t want her to go but it’d be selfish for him to stop her. Besides, he can survive for four months without her. It would be hard, he admits, but then if he really wants her to stay for good, four months would be fine.

They were at the Incheon International Airport. Along with the members of INFINITE who were wearing hoodie jackets and sunglasses, they came to send Eve off. She exchanged words of farewell with the other members, hugging them and swapping promises. And now it was Sunggyu’s turn. She couldn’t help but feel a little sad. They just got together and it has only been a week.

He didn’t want to let her go, too.

The other INFINITE members gave them their privacy. With the excuse of buying snacks, they walked away one by one.

“I know you’ll be back,” he says, forcing a smile. “You’re going to miss me so much if you don’t come back.”

She chuckled weakly. “Sunggyu, I promise. Three to four months. I just need to finish my studies and then you can have me after that. We can even go to Lotte World or to anywhere you want.”

Sunggyu nodded. “I’ll make your time worthwhile when you come back. I promise. I’ll make it up to you.”

She knew what he meant when he said he’s going to make it up. Before they got together, they underwent through huge dispute that lasted for almost a year. Or was it really one year? She opened to say something when her flight was announced.

This saddened Sunggyu more.

“I’ll see you.” Eve wasn’t ready to go. Okay, maybe she was but she was waiting for something else. She was waiting for those three words. Yesterday, she overheard Sunggyu and Woohyun talking about Sunggyu asking for the right time to tell her ‘I love you’.

Sunggyu looked hesitant, his dark eyes burning into her. “Um… yeah.”

But it seemed like Sunggyu isn’t going to say it. Feeling upset, she gave Sunggyu one, last smile and turned around. Although it disappoints her, she knew she’s going to hear it. Sunggyu vowed to love her and not look at any other women. What if she tells him I love you?

Nah,that would be a little straightforward. She didn’t like being the first one to make a move. It’s not surprising for a girl like her, of course. Almost all of the women would want the guy to make the first move or to say ‘I love you’ first. Wouldn’t it be weird if she tells Sunggyu ‘I love you’? He’d probably think, Whoa. She’s going too fast.

What if Sunggyu doesn’t feel the same way?

Maybe she has to wait after four months are done.

____________________________

Six months.

She was gone for six months when she promised that it would be only for four months.

He missed her so damn much that he almost went beyond the line, giving up the comebacks and just stay at the dorm. Okay, maybe he went a little too overboard. But who could blame him? He was in love with her. And how stupid he was, to not tell Eve the three words he’s been meaning to tell her.

He attempted to say it, of course! But he was too much of a coward to even say the letter I. And now he was left with regrets and a series of “if only’s”.

“She’s back! Eve noona is back!”

Just by the mention of her name, Sunggyu kangarooed from his seat. It was a good thing that their manager gave them a day-off. He needed it anyway. He thought he can’t bear it any longer, being away from Eve for six months was total torture.

He spotted Eve at the door, a duffel bag hung over her shoulders and a smile plastered on her face. She looks different. Her hair wasn’t straight anymore. It has turned curly and a little brownish. She must’ve dyed it. Her eyes were glimmering. She looks really happy to be back. But Sunggyu was ten times happier than Eve was.

Oh, how he missed her.

He walked towards her but stopped when Woohyun dashed to her, giving her a tight, bear hug. Jealousy spread like venom and he tried so hard to control his emotions.

“Eve noona!” Woohyun called out, tugging on her arm. Sometimes, it irks Sunggyu when Woohyun acts cute in front of Eve. Even though Woohyun is older than Eve, he calls her noona. “I got you a huge, Woohyun teddy bear. They’re selling it in high prices but since I’m the real Woohyun, they gave it to me for free! And now I’m giving it to you for free, noona! There’s even a heart that says I love you.”

Eve giggled, standing on her toes and patting Woohyun’s hair. “Thanks, Woohyun,” she says.

Woohyun pouted.

She rolled her eyes. “Fine, I love you, too.”

Sunggyu shot Woohyun a look; surprised that Eve could even stand saying I love you to other guys. What about me? He thought incredulously. I’m supposed to be her boyfriend! Woohyun avoided his gaze and stood behind Hoya instead, his hands on Hoya’s shoulders.

Hoya stepped forward. “Eve, welcome back!” he greeted at the same time, giving her a bouquet of flowers. “Eve, let me bring your bag to your room. And read the card!” With that, he winked and sprinted towards the room.

Oh, great, Sunggyu thought. Now they’re telling her I love you while her own boyfriend can’t even muster up the courage to say it. Yes, Sunggyu, you can watch them in pure jealousy and regret not saying it to her. After all, you’re a coward anyway.

Eve laughed as she held up the small card hanging on the bouquet. “I love you, too, Hoya.”

How can she say it so casually? Sunggyu was getting jealous every second.

“Here, Eve,” Sungyeol spoke up next, offering her a paper bag. Sunggyu saw Sungyeol and Sungjong shopping at a boutique yesterday. That must have been it. “Sungjong and I went shopping yesterday. He helped me pick the right color that will complement your skin tone. I love you, Eve.” Then he added quickly once he realized what he had said, “As a friend, of course! You make Sunggyu hyung happy so we treat you as family.”

Eve grinned. “Thanks, Sungyeol. I will wear this. I love you, too.”

Myungsoo waved his hands. “It’s time for my present!” he cheered. “Here you go, this is for you.” He hands a big box and places it on her hands. “Of course, I couldn’t have gotten it without a little help from some of my friends. I don’t know if it fits you though. But Sungjong told me any light-colored dresses will look good on you so I bought you three.”

Eve raised her eyebrows. “Oh, wow. Really, you guys. You didn’t have to do this—”

“Just consider it as a thank you gift,” Myungsoo explained. “Besides, you’ll probably forget about all of it once you receive Sunggyu hyung’s gift. Oh, and before I forget, I love you.”

Eve laughed, staring at them suspiciously. “Thanks Myungsoo,” she replies. “But of course, I won’t forget all your presents. It’s just weird that you always say I love you in the end. Do you have some sort of mission or something?” Then it hit her. “Is this reality TV or what? Because I’m definitely not going to be in it.”

Woohyun shook his head. “No, noona. It’s not a reality show. This is really for real.”

“Then what’s with the—”

“Questions will be asked later, noona,” Sungjong cut her off, doing Eve’s favorite aegyo. “You remember asking me one time about your shoe size? Well, you should wear this shoes I bought you,” he explained. “It costs a lot. I’ve never bought anything so expensive except for my mom and you.”

“Thanks, Sungjong,” Eve says. “Thanks all of you.”

“I love you, noona,” Sungjong says in his cute voice.

Eve squealed. “No! Must fight temptation to hug you,” she mutters to herself. “Anyway, yes, I love you, too.”

“I bet hyung is dying to kill all of us,” Myungsoo muttered.

Oh, that’s an understatement, Sunggyu thought. Colors drained his face and he didn’t look as amused as he was since the last ten minutes of them completely ignoring Sunggyu’s presence. What was this, some sort of mission trying to get him mad? It worked, by the way.

“Hyung, just give her your present,” Sungjong suggested, cautious.

“Never mind,” Sunggyu grumbled, turning away. “I forgot to wrap it.”

Eve gazed at the boys who were muttering to themselves. A series of “, he must be really mad” and “I thought he was going to thrash and tell her” can be heard. She lets out a little laugh, realizing what they were trying to do. Of course, they were striving to make Sunggyu jealous and were hoping that he would blurt out the three words Eve had waited for six months.

She sauntered towards Sunggyu, wrapping her arms around her neck. “Oh, come on, babe,” she cooed. “You’re not exactly being like this right now, are you? I just came back. And I know, I know. I thought I was coming back in four months but our school was being a total killjoy, extending our studies for two months. But now I’m here, you got me all to yourself.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, scowling. “Yeah, that seems ideal, considering that they got to you before I ever did.”

She giggled. “I like jealous Sunggyu,” she teased, poking his nose.

“Really, I—”

“My present?” she offered, giving him her brightest smile.

After a 10-second pause, he sighed in defeat. “Fine. It’s not like I can say no to you.” He went to his room and opened his drawer, revealing a small paper bag. Eve stood outside patiently, though the excitement on her face can’t really be hidden.

“Here.”

Eve opened it, eagerness colored her face. She tossed the paper bag on the ground and let out a small, velvet box. She gasped.  Slowly, she opened it. It was a diamond ring.

“I didn’t know what else to give you,” Sunggyu explained, avoiding Eve’s eyes. “But when I thought of you and the word commitment, the ring was the first thing that went into my mind. I didn’t just want to be your temporary boyfriend. Someone who you would go to when you’re in trouble or when you feel like crying or when you feel like you want to just rant. Someone who you would love forever and would do the same for you. I want to be that guy.”

Tears unwillingly come out from Eve’s eyes.

He gazed at Eve, interlocking his fingers with hers. “I love you,” he says in a low voice. “And I always will.”

Eve buried her face in the crook of his neck. “Finally, I’ve waited six months for that.”

“Eh?”

Eve giggled. “Shush! I love you, too, Kim Sunggyu.”


 

a/n: hope you enjoyed your oneshot! and by the way, this is me, shamelessly advertising my new story featuring INFINITE's Kim Sunggyu. Just click THIS and it will directly link you to the story. I hope you guys support this! I love youuuuu, inspirits!