Chapter 9: A rose in a glass dome

The Little Prince

Ten minutes later, Jiwon found a video of a press conference recorded from the podium was being circulated on the internet, and he told himself, "He is really an idiot."

The new prince’s action of posting IG had been considered trivial. The internet had been boiling all night, and mainstream media went crazy, this news surpassed the one that Korea went into the semi-finals of World Cup! After all, one is the first prince in exile, the second is the first prince to publicly support the republic, and the third is the first prince to come out...The whole world just can’t sleep!

However, none of these had been known by the new prince, Jaijin‘s mobile phone was confiscated immediately after he uploaded the video, and his IG account was also locked after a while (fortunately, many netizens made the backup.) For the following two days, he had lived a life as being house arrested, and had no one to talk to. Luckily, Jaijin has been a man of few words, so he could enjoy himself in painting!

“I’ve seen you painting it for ten minutes, but it looks exactly the same as it did ten minutes ago." Jiwon said behind Jaijin, he had imagined that Jaijin would live a miserable life with tears in the palace, but surprisingly, Jaijin looked good...liked he eating well and sleeping well.

Jaijin turned back: "I will draw it for another 30 minutes and you will still feel it is the same. You have not trained your eyes."

“I can only stay for twenty minutes.” Jiwon said, “You could sit there and continue painting, or let’s find something to do?"

(Huh, you thought the author would let them have !) They did go to the bed, but Jaijin was lying in bed and called Enju with Jiwon‘s cell phone: "How are you? Sister? How are my nephew and my niece? How’s Mimi? How’s Charles?"

Enju: "We are all fine! The kids were so excited, they wake up and found their uncle became a prince.”

“Didn't you become a princess too?"

“Well, Hyun Suk oppa was furious when the guards appeared in the house. He thought that the Imperial Household Agency looked down on him and felt that he couldn't protect us." Enju joked: "But it didn't take long for him to fall in love with the feeling of being surrounded by the front and back, you know how much he likes to order somebody around!"

Jaijin imagined it, and it was no surprise that the self-perceived brother-in-law would have such a response. "I'm sorry, I didn't ask you in advance if you want your son to become a king or not, I just decided to say those at the press conference."

“It doesn't matter, my husband said that he doesn’t allow my son to do anything else, he has to inherit YG."

Jaijin thought to himself that he didn't know if the company would have been ruined by his brother-in-law when his nephew grows up, “How he dare to say it.”

Enju told him that people had scold him for being a fool, but Jaijin didn't care about it: "If a person has to behave well to be a king, it is against the meaning of the monarchy. As long as people think it over, they’ll realize the concept of divine right of kings is stupid, too stupid that people like me can become a king, and then they will try to overthrow the royal power. That’s my purpose."

After hanging up the phone, Jaijin found Jiwon staring at him: "Do you think that it is very easy? The royal family can't be broken by playing a prank." He sighed: "Forget it, I can't dominate you, you are now in a higher position than me, Your Royal Highness."

Jaijin said, "Does that mean I don't need to call you hyung?"

Jiwon shouted: "You could try!" pretended to give Jaijin a kick.

Actually Jiwon was summoned by the Queen. Earlier he could not help complaining to his grandmother: "Grandma, why did you turn my boyfriend into my cousin?"

“Child, do your research! Even if he is not your cousin, you two will not be able to marry. Now the Civil Partnership Act is not scheduled to enter the parliamentary session!" She also shook her head: "Don't blame me, Your Majesty is old. He has spent all his life trying to find the offspring of his elder brother. I have to fulfill his wish!"

So Jiwon got the mission of teaching the rules of the palace to the new prince. Jiwon could not help but admire his grandmother’s wisdom. As long as she locks up Jaijin in the palace like a rose in a glass dome, she doesn’t need to worry about Jiwon could run away. However, there was one thing that Jiwon had his own opinion. The civil law prohibited marriages within four degrees of consanguinity, and it was based on the consideration of heteroual eugenics, but Jaijin and he are sixth four degrees of consanguinity. In short, he had confidence in the citizenship of this country, as he had been secretly expecting to revise the law someday to abolish the royal family, he was also looking forward to the legislation of same- marriage in the future.