Chapter 3: I had forgotten that, it’s been a long time.

The Little Prince

Jiwon really did this. Uh…, when you sacrifice and dedicate yourself for more than two months as a doll of the Imperial Household Agency (Jiwon secretly feels that he has performed much better than expected, after all, when the imperial jade seal was returned to his grandfather, did the royal palace lose any single brick or tile?), It wasn’t big a reward to get the information of “someone”. Of course, the happiest thing is that he could finally go back to be “His Excellency the Marquis” instead of “His Royal Highness the Prince Regent” (How a humble wish, he had never liked the title of “His Excellency”.) and it was so goooooooood that he could finally drive by himself again.

Speaking of this, his now in the front of the community where Jaijin lived. Since last night, he made at least ten phone calls to Jaijin, but none of them were picked up, which made him question about the information that Jang Suwon gave him. Fortunately, he got an address. It wasn’t easy to get the address, because Jaijin owns no property, and he has not moved his household registration to the renting place. Instead, his household registration is in his sister’s house, and he lives in an apartment owned by his brother-in-law. (Guess what, his brother-in-law is the owner of a listed company!).

Jiwon drove into the gate directly, and of course he was stopped and interrogated by the guard, but his own face was the best pass: "I am looking for a friend, and he lives in here."

When Jaijin went downstairs, he saw the guarding being so scared by the sudden arrival of a royal family member. It was so embarrassing that Jaijin had no choice but to let Jiwon come upstairs immediately.

"Keep the door closed, and mind the cats." As soon as they entered the apartment, Jaijin pulled a long face: "Why are you here?"

Jiwon shrugged: "I am here to apologize, I'm sorry, I was in a hurry that day." His Majesty really had a heart attack late at night, and doctors made the suggestion that he needs an urgent surgery, and then rests for several months. During this period, someone have to perform the royal duties on his behalf, so Jiwon rushed back to the royal palace at the midnight, and then later everything should have been known by Jaijin.

"I had forgotten that, it’s been a long time."Jaijin said it doesn't matter, but he really cares, and the lateness of Jiwon makes him so mad.

"I’m sorry to keep you waiting." Jiwon apologized again. "I've been a bit busy recently. You know, I've been busy… busy managing everyone." he said implicitly.

"You were not really ruling this country. This country belongs to all the people." Jaijin pointed to himself: "Civilians like me are the real owners of the country, and the royal family is only the dummy of royalists."

"Oh! So you are a republican?" Jiwon asked.

"I used to vote to political parties that support the legalization of same- marriage and the promotion of stray animal care policies." "In addition, I also support the idea about early decommissioning of all nuclear power plants in Korea."

"But I am a republican. That's truth."Jaijin felt a bit embarrassed, he’d never thought he would admit that he wants the abolition of royal power to a royal family member.

"I didn't expect your level of political participation is higher than mine, but why you didn't know who I am?" Jiwon added, "I mean when we were in Jeju Island.”

"It doesn’t matter Who is the king, he couldn’t affect the direction of policies in our country, as I just mentioned, he is just a virtual head of state. There is no need to know his family."

"Okay! Fortunately, my dream is the same as yours. I also agree with the abolition of the royal family. If the royal power collapses, I don't have to inherit that stupid throne."Jiwon made a face.

"Oh? I thought it's great to have a few supercars!"Jaijin is so crazy at sports cars.

"There is no such thing in the palace. We are still lighting the oil lamp at night!"   

Jaijin knew that Jiwon was joking, but he couldn't laugh when he came up with something: "You stole my painting, you have to return it back to me first."

"Stole?" Jiwon was surprised. "That's my painting, it's my face!"   

"I painted it, so it's mine." Jaijin was even more angry: "If you want one, draw it yourself!"   

"Alright, I’ll return it tomorrow." Jiwon found Jaijin has taken it so seriously and he compromised right away.

So they were good, so they did that, after Jaijin bought condoms and lubricants (After all, it’s the Lord Marquis' body.) Late after, when they were crowded in the tiny single bed, Jaijin whispered to Jiwon: "To be honest, when you were pretending that you are ruling everyone, they think you were doing well."

Unfortunately, Jiwon is the kind of person who couldn’t afford of any praise. "No, I have disappointed so many people. Since I divorced, the entire Korean media has been committed to shaping me into a disgusting old waste. During the regency period, my performance is not in line with public expectations just because I made no trouble." he said mockingly.