Silence

All Fun & Games

 

Silence. 

 

Pure, utter, gut wrenching silence. 

 

After Moonbyul’s sudden outburst/love confession no one dared say another word. Tension was more then palpable in the room, to the point of making it unbearable for the eldest who chose to speak first.

 

S: Look, she said trying hard to control the faltering of her voice, this isn’t the time nor the place to be having this conversation, so, I suggest we put this on hold until after practice is over, we still have a schedule to fulfill and our presentation is in a couple of days. We have to prepare, she said harshly hoping they all agree and they could move on from this tension.

 

No one responded.

 

Solar turned her head to look at Wheein and found her with her eyes glued to the floor, face wet from tears. All she wanted right then and there was to hold the maknae and make her pain go away. She couldn’t imagine how it must’ve of felt to walk in and see your best friend/life partner of all time in that type of situation. She herself felt angry and overall hurt over it since Moonbyul was her best friend after all, but for the maknaes it was something else entirely, those two had a bond that couldn’t be compared to anything, she couldn’t even began to understand how horrible Wheein must be feeling.

 

Solar darted her eyes to the other two in front of her, they were still looking at each other silently. Hwasa had a disturbed  expression on her face while Moonbyul looked like she would start sobbing at any minute. 

 

 Brushing the issue off and starting practice wasn’t the best solution giving the weight of the matter but it was all she could think of at the moment, she needed to cool off and think before facing the issue.

 

Ready to call everyone’s attention again Solar opened but was interrupted by the brunette.

 

H: Byul-a I... she began to speak.

 

Everyone got startled when Moonbyul walked rapidly past her and hurriedly went out the door, slamming it on her way out. 

 

Leaving everyone at a loss of words.

 

The didn’t practiced that day. 

 

___________________________________

 

She was pacing back and forth. 

 

Sweat dripping down her forehead and back, her hands were shaking and the tears hand long gone stained her face. 

 

It was over, she knew it was.

 

Everything she feared of happening finally happened. After she blurted out her feelings in front of the others and all response she got was silence she knew it had come to and end.

 

F**ck, she couldn’t stop shaking. 

 

She sat on her couch letting herself cry out everything she was feeling. The pain in her chest was making it hard to breathe, her mind was going miles away thinking about how it was all over.

 

She lost her. 

 

It was over.

 

The one she loved didn’t loved her back. The pain she was feeling was unimaginable.

 

How did it all happened?

How could she let it happened?

 

She should’ve just let Solar go and on with her yelling without interrupting and ruining everything.

 

F**ck... 

 

Solar and Wheein.

 

Those two were surely hating her right now, probably as much as she hated herself. 

 

The sting of her tear filled eyes matched the pain of the hole that was slowly burying itself in her chest filled with regret and heartbreak.

 

She couldn’t breathe, her fingers were numb, mind felt foggy and the room was spinning. 

 

She felt miserable.

 

When did everything started to fall apart?

 

Dumb question, she knew when.

 

Everything started crumbling down the minute she started to fall in love with the brunette.

 

How could she be so stupid?

 

Now everything was ruined, the love of her life probably hates her and her group was left in pieces.

 

All because of her.

 

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

 

She slammed her fist on the living room table and crumbled down.

 

Door knocks. 

 

The door.

 

Someone was knocking on her door.

 

Moonbyul contemplated not answering and letting however it get tired and leave. She wasn’t in any condition to meet anyone. Her eyes were puffy from crying so much and her body felt weak due to emotional exhaustion.

 

They knocked again.

 

Maybe it was manager-nim worried about her, she did left practice without saying anything.

 

Coming up with a lame excuse hoping to somehow convince manager-nim of her abrupt exit from rehearsal, she got off her couch with clumsy steps and made her way to the door.

 

She opened the door.

 

It wasn’t manager-nim.

 

M: Hyejin... 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be quite honest I didn’t know what to do with this story. I kinda lost inspiration and put it on hold while working on another story, but now I’m back and ready to bring this story home. 

 

Fasten your seatbelts everyone, we’re reaching the end. 

 

Upvote and leave a comment please.