Part 9

We Said forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Watching her from across the table, seeing her look as gorgeous as ever, made you remember the night you got back together, like it was yesterday. Truly one of the happiest moments of your life. Although, you still felt like an idiot for letting the break up happen in the first place. But since then things have almost been perfect. Because let’s face it life isn’t 100% perfect, but this was damn close. Nothing could make you trade this for the world.

 

And being here with her in this exact moment has taken alot of patience and courage on your part. It involved alot of planning and meeting up with everyone. Mostly Jennie. But of course it’d be her. She was Rosie’s best friend. 

 

You can’t remember how long ago you started planning. Maybe as far back as the day you asked her to be your girlfriend. Because she’s always been special and you’ve always known it was going to be her and only her. Jennie nearly fainted when you told her and also hit you on the arm numerous times for waiting so long, but she was happy you asked her to be apart of such an occasion. 

 

Of course you couldn’t leave out Jisoo and Lisa. They were just as important and helped with many other aspects. They were the main ones that helped you rent out the entire restaurant and decorate it. Even after all the time you’ve spent with them, it was still a difficult task working with them on something as simple as this. Of course that was just how your relationship with them went. You were one part of Rosie’s life and they were another. But somehow it worked out. 

 

They found it hard to contain their excitement the majority of the time so you made sure they didn’t interact with Rosie at all today, otherwise they would have both spilled the secret in a matter of seconds. 

 

Which is where having Jennie around came in handy. Anytime they had schedules Jennie was there to make sure that Lisa and Jisoo didn’t say anything or give any hints to what was coming. But keeping such a secret was also just as hard for her. She wanted to spill so many times but knew it was important so she bit her tongue and pretended like everything was as normal as ever.

 

You were grateful for all three of them. They’ve been with you from the start. From the early days of you crushing on Rosie, to telling you exactly how to ask her out, to helping you organize this entire night. It’s sort of surreal that all this time has passed. 

 

This morning seems like a life time ago already. It almost feels like meeting up with the girls earlier never even happened even though it was one of the most important stops of the day.

 

Earlier that day:

 

“This is seriously so magical!” Her lips formed into her signature smile. 

 

“So I did good?” Was what left your mouth as you took steps closer to her.

 

“Like I said. Such a romantic. Sometimes I forget this part of you exists!”

 

“Ah. I can’t take all the credit though! Without you I’d only be half as romantic!” 

 

She laughed. “True! You owe a lot to me.”

 

“Thank you!” She shakes her head at you. But then jumps into your arms engulfing you into a hug. 

 

“Woah, are we interrupting a moment here?” Jisoo said as her and Lisa entered the restaurant. “Quick, remind me which of us your dating?” Lisa asks as she jumps on your back. Jisoo joins you at your side. “Lisa you can’t ask Y/N such a hard question…” Teasing you made her smile. 

 

Turning to her you chuckle. “My life would be so dull without you two!” 

 

“Awe, we love you too!” Lisa gives you a big kiss on your cheek as she still clings to your back. You stand there letting her do as she wishes, knowing that you wouldn’t have been able to prevent it anyway. Jisoo has her arms crossed, rolling her eyes at the girl on your back. “Don’t expect anything from me, three out of four is enough for you.” 

 

That makes all the girls laugh, including you. “Seriously, no hug, no kiss on the cheek. No good job buddy!”

 

Jisoo stands there, arms still crossed, not budging whatsoever. “If everything works out, I’ll give you a thumbs up later! Maybe even a pat on the back!” She walks off with a smug look on her face, proud of herself.

 

You nod at her, appreciating her taking a strong stance at not showing you any sort of affection. Not like Lisa and Jennie who constantly showered you and Rosie with affection. Jisoo always the protective older one, but never above a savage remark or two. But of course she only did that to annoy you, on the inside you knew she loved you too!

 

Jisoo stops at a stage located at the front of the restaurant and opens up a guitar case at the side, taking it out and adjusting herself so she sat at the edge of the stage, carefully placing the guitar comfortably in her arms.

 

“I’ll admit. This is really a beautiful place. How’d you find it?”

 

You watched her as she let her fingers hover over the strings. “That’s a secret! But it’s kind of our place. A place I know she already loves.”

 

Lisa pinches your cheeks before she finally decides to slide off your back. “Awe. Your so cute! Jennies right you can be really romantic sometimes. If this night was for me I’d want it at some place like this too!”

 

“I told you! It’s magical!” Jennie walks over taking the guitar from Jisoo. Her fingers strumming to a tune that she’s become familiar with. Lisa joins them, sitting on the opposite side of Jisoo.

 

Your phone vibrates in your hand and you see a message from Alice. Opening it up you see a few pics she sent of Rosie playing with different animals at the zoo with the caption, ‘Operation distraction is a go!’ That warm feeling starts spreading inside of you seeing her so excited and happy.

 

“What’s that smile for?” Jennie asks as she watches you from the stage. 

 

“Oh nothing, Alice just sent me a few pictures of Rosie at the zoo.” You walk over showing them the pictures that were sent to you. 

 

“Why couldn’t we take Rosie to the zoo instead?” Lisa asks sulking at the thought of missing out on a day of fun.

 

Jisoo makes a fist and lightly knocks her on the head. “Because you would blurt out everything to Rosie. Duh!”

 

“I would not! I’d see all the animals happily going about there day, wondering if they too fall in love and have families and....okay maybe I would’ve said something, but your no better Jisoo!”

 

Jisoo rolls her eyes. “And why do you think I’m here with you! Besides Alice is a better distraction, they haven’t seen each other for a while. Plus she sees us all the time, she deserves to spend the day away from us!”

 

Just then the lady that owns the restaurant comes out to join the four of you. She goes over your plans for the event and you all fill her in on the details. She approves and wishes you luck and tells you to let her know if you’ll be needing anything else.

 

An alarm on Jennies phone goes off. “Y/N you need to go pick up the dress now.” You stop and look at Lisa and Jisoo. 

 

“It’s fine we can handle the rest here. Don’t worry.” Lisa assures you.

 

“Go! I promise we won’t mess anything up!” Jisoo adds.

 

“Alright, come on Jennie!” Both you and Jennie make your way out of the venue to continue fulfilling a list of things that needed to be done.

 

Present:

 

Luckily for you the sunset outside was working in your favor, seeming to last longer than it normally did. Before it had the chance to fully disappear letting the stars take over, you looked over Rosie’s shoulder and smiled with your whole heart. Seeing the musicians take the stage behind her made your heart jump and your stomach fill with butterflies. It was really happening.

 

A guitar was the first instrument that could be heard. Soft and mellow. It was followed by the relaxing sound of a piano. Each key and melody filled with such strong emotion. The Musicians on stage smiled back at you, unable to contain their own excitement and amusement. The dark-haired girl took her place at the mic and began to sing softly and beautifully. A voice that has become so familiar to you. 

 

Rosie could see the look in your eyes change. There was something in them that was unusual. Something that was a bit unrecognizable in a way.  It made her slightly fidget in her seat. Not knowing what you were thinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter