Part 3

We Said forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUR BEDROOM

10:00 AM

 

Things felt more tense as the next day sun rose outside. Who knows when or how it happened but somewhere between your phone call ending and now, Rosie had actually managed to fall back asleep. She didn’t intend to, nor did she think she could with her mind racing a million miles a minute. 

 

Regardless, she woke up just after 10AM. Her eyes feeling heavy. They were probably a bit puffy from the subtle tears she let out after you had gone to sleep. 

 

The overall feeling in her chest was unusual. She had never felt this before. Even when you broke up the first time, it never felt like this. There was always trust between you two. A mutual understanding of honesty. That was one of the core strengths of your relationship. Rosie knew that above all, she never doubted you, ever.

 

Maybe that was what was so damaging. The faith she had in your trustworthiness, was just not there anymore. Losing that pillar in your relationship, made everything else seem to falter. It made her begin to question everything between the two of you. What were lies, what weren’t? 

 

Laying in the bed clutching the sheets up high, she couldn’t help but remember that awful time in your lives. It was hard, not just on her but on you as well. She never thought you’d both be back on that path. She thought that this time around it would be forever. No more problems. Just the two of you. 

 

March 2019

 

The beginning of March had just started and Blackpink was wrapping up the Asia part of their world tour. You and Rosie hadn’t really seen each other since the beginning of December. Even if it had only been a few months apart, there were a lot of moments you both missed in each other’s lives. 

 

When Christmas came around you flew home to spend it with your family and Rosie spent hers with her members and fans in Japan. When New Years came around you had to fly to Los Angeles to deal with issues at an American branch of the company. So, you welcomed the New Year in without each other. Maybe that was the warning sign for the both of you. If it was you didn’t sense anything, you were to busy to notice that maybe things were starting to drift. Rosie on the other hand saw it, she knew that something was different, but even then she ignored it. 

 

The girls continued their tour and Rosie spent her birthday in New York, debuting in America. You were so beyond happy she was getting to experience it all. You just wished you got to experience it with her. Sure you called as often as the two of you could and facetimed just as much. It was difficult that despite all the big things happening for the both of you, you never got to enjoy it or celebrate it together.

 

It got to the point that promotions or international opportunities got lost in time, they became insignificant to bring up again when you two finally did get to see each other in person. It’s not like either of you were void of emotion, you embraced every moment together but as few as they were, it started to weigh in on how you acted around each other. Things happened so subtly that even you couldn’t tell they were happening.

 

As Rosie got on a plane to fly to Korea from Taiwan she thought a lot of things over in her head. She was having such an unreal experience with the tour. She finally got to travel the world, actually feeling the impact Blackpink had globally. She was grateful that she got to tour Asia and was in awe at the fact they debuted in the U.S. The U.S. tour was coming up followed by the Europe tour. It was a lot to take in but she couldn’t be more excited for it. All her years of work and all the work the girls had put in were starting to pay off as her dreams were slowing turning into reality. 

 

“Can you believe we actually start our tour in the states next month?” Jennie excitedly let out in her seat next to Rosie. 

 

“I can’t believe our Asia tour is over now! America is gonna be so fun!” Lisa added in from the seat behind the two.

 

Rosie smiled ear to ear, still feeling like she’s living a dream. “Especially with Coachella! I’m so excited!”

 

Lisa squealed a little remembering that they get to perform at Coachella next month.

 

“Hey! Quiet! We just finished a concert and I want to at least get some sleep!” Jisoo bickered from Lisa’s side. She already had her eye mask on as she was trying to drift off to sleep for the flight back home. 

 

Jennie nudged Rosie’s side. “Are you excited to see Y/N? We finally get some time to rest a bit before we go to America.”

 

Rosie smiled. To Jennie it would come off as a smile that showed she missed you, that showed she was looking forward to seeing you, that showed how much she loved you. To her it was her way of pretending like everything was still okay when in reality she didn’t know if she was excited to see you or scared to see you. 

 

“Yeah! Of course it’s been so long since we had more than a few days to spend together.”

 

Which was all too true. The last time you had more than two days to see each other was in November. It felt like a lifetime ago. Since then so much has happened for the both of you, so much, that even Rosie couldn’t tell you all things that had gone well for you. 

 

You were on of the youngest shareholders of the company you worked for and had become an executive within the three years you were with the company. At one point you were able to follow everything Blackpink was doing. But now you weren’t even sure which country they were going to or if they were even in Korea at the moment. Your obligations to the company grew to much that you couldn’t keep up with everything Rosie was doing. The higher up the ladder you climbed the harder it was for you to share the glamours of fame that were now hitting Blackpink.

 

“I love how in love you two are!” Jennie happily said. “It makes me wish Kai and I were actually dating so I could at least have someone to come back too.”

 

“Yeah…It’s great to have someone waiting for you at home.” This time it came out with a wavering undertone. Luckily for Rosie, Jennie didn’t notice at all.

 

Rosie on the other hand stared out the window. It was here that the revelation came to her. You were both to busy to be in a relationship. 

 

When idols date, more often than not things end because both sides decide to focus on their career or are often not able to see each other frequently enough to keep the relationship going. Rosie used to think that it was dumb to break up because of such things. If you love someone you can get through anything and distance and work shouldn’t get in the way of feelings, right?

 

Wrong. It’s not like she didn’t love you anymore. Because she did a lot. She cherished every moment with you. She loved the way yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter