Part 5

We Said forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2019

 

The duration of the plane ride consisted of Rosie contemplating your entire relationship. Which was also a huge sign. If things were okay she shouldn’t have to even question the relationship, because if it was solid there’d be nothing for her to overthink about. It’d be like before. She would come to your place happy to see you, to be in your arms. You’d sit around in each other’s embrace. You’d listen to everything she’d have to say and even ask about the comeback and endorsements they were doing. Always staying up to date on your girlfriend. She’d do the same, keeping up with the way you were invaluable to the company. 

 

She’d always be so overjoyed to come to see you. Yet here she was at your door, not knowing what to feel. Actually, she didn’t even know if you were home. You hadn’t replied to her text from earlier.

 

She tried again, waiting a little while before she was going to give up to go back to the dorm. As she turned to leave, the door knobbed turned. You looked tired as you opened it greet the girl outside, you must have just woken up. 

 

“Hey Y/N…”

 

“hey…” You ruffled your hair trying to keep your eyes open as you leaned against the open door. Your mind was running a little slow as you struggled to keep yourself awake.

 

Rosie stood silently waiting for you to invite her inside. Biting her lip with her arms crossed across her chest. You blinked a few more times before you understood what was happening. Quickly, you moved out of the way signaling her to come inside.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” She walked passed you heading inside to the heart of the small studio apartment you were living in. You followed after, once you closed the door behind her. “We haven’t seen each other for awhile sooo I just figured I’d come straight here once we landed.” She gave you a soft smile while she grabbed at your hand and quickly pecked your lips. Unconsciously you smiled back, mind still not fully functioning yet.

 

You ears perked up though, catching the last bit of what she said about having just landed. “Oh, I didn’t even realize…d-d-did you have a concert or a fanmeet?”

 

She looked away. Obvious disappointment in her eyes. “Yeah. I told you we were going to Taiwan, remember? For the Asia tour?” She gave another smile, this one more timid, a ploy to pretend like you forgetting wasn’t something that bothered her. She plopped down on the small couch.

 

You sat beside her, rubbing your head, trying to remember. “Of course. I’m sorry. I must have forgot.” Which you truthfully did.

 

“It’s okay. Your busy a lot these days. We…both are busy a lot these days.” Her hand ruffled through her hair. A habit of hers that showed her building frustration.

 

“No, I should’ve remembered. This tour’s important to you. I’m just… I’ve got a meeting early in the morning and I’ve been having a lot of late nights. Sorry. I’ll keep up don’t worry.” You leaned back into the couch, exhausted. She could sense that you were drained, but she was also feeling just as tired having just finished a concert and flown back home all within the past day.

 

Being the type of girlfriend she was, she knew that she felt hurt. To her you made it seem like it was such a chore to try to keep up with all the things she had going on. She didn’t like it at all. But she couldn’t deny that she had trouble keeping up with you as well. 

 

She leaned back into the couch as well, still not looking back at you. She let out a big sigh, a knowing sigh, one that you recognized.

 

“What is it?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

You sat up straight. An overwhelming sense of nerves starting to course through your veins. “Come on Rosie, I know when something’s bothering you. So what is it?”

 

Finally, she turned to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter