Part 6

We Said forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosie arrived home first. She had to admit that she did have a great time spending the day with her sister. Despite the many other things clouding her thoughts. Alice’s schedule and her own had been a lot more conflicting recently, so it was nice to be in each other’s presence even if it was just for short time. If it was up to her she’d probably make Alice stay over, since she missed her that much, but the older girl had other plans to attend to for the evening.

 

As Rosie made her way into your home, she took the time to look at the space you two had created together.

 

From the collection of shoes that decorated the shoe racks at the entrance, that was filled with shoes belonging to the both of you. To the sleek and clean entrance hall leading to the living room. There were white sheer curtains that hung by the giant window to the left and a white L shaped couch that held some her favorite memories. Especially of all the times she’d woken up next to you in the mornings there.

 

She could recall the day you moved in. How excited you were to have your own place, how excited you were for her to visit you whenever she wanted. A space for just the two of you. Looking around made her smile, because everything she saw was everything that made up the two of you. 

 

The guitars in the nook in the corner that were hers and yours. The scattered records near the record player that was a mix of all the music you both listened to. The games in the cabinet below the tv that you both loved wasting days on to play. 

 

She remembers how empty it was the first night you both spent there. All there was in the living room was a tv and your mattress. But you’ve never needed much, and that was something she truly admired about you. Always the type to make the best out of any situation. 

 

Slowly, over time more necessities appeared, the couch, the dining table. And little by little, more and more of Rosie’s stuff started to make there way into the picture, sometimes intentionally and sometimes she’d leave things by accident, until the day she officially moved in with you.

 

It was one of the biggest steps she’d ever taken in a relationship and one that you were both ready for. She had practically spent all her time at your place anyway so it was the natural next step to take. It made her so happy to come home to you after every practice, after every fan meeting, and after every tour! At that time the apartment had finally become home. 

 

Flashback

 

You slid off your shoes and walked to the center of the empty living room with a box a miscellaneous items. With a thud you placed the box on the floor then turned to Rosie who was still standing in the entry way. You held out your arms, feeling like you had made one of the biggest accomplishments in your life.

 

“So what do you think?” A big smile plastered on your face. “Nice, right?” Even if you felt like having your own place as nice at this was, you still needed to know what Rosie thought of it as well. Her opinion meant the world to you.

 

Rosie’s golden locks flowed down the side of her shoulders, she had been leaning against the entry way wall. The second her eyes met yours, she decided to join you in the center of the living room. She placed the box in her arms gently on the ground beside you.

 

“Mmmhmm.” Her eyes scanned the empty room. Filled with curiosity.

 

“Well I mean it’s definitely a step up from my old place. That’s for sure.” She picked the box she placed on the ground back up and placed it on the island in the kitchen instead. “You know I kinda liked your old place. It was cozy.”

 

“Oh yeah, you liked my couch slash futon that barely fit?” You walked up to her trapping her between you and the counter.

 

“At least you had a bed then.” You rested your forehead on hers and gave her a fake pout. She giggled and lightly kissed your lips. “I’m kidding babe. I’m so happy for you. This place is amazing.”

 

“It will be.” You walked back into the open space. “We can get a nice couch and put it here. Then a nice TV right over there.” Rosie watched as you imagined what your future living room would look like. A smile on her lips.

 

“Only if I get to help you pick it out.” Rosie was quick to add.

 

You walked back up to her. “Oh course. You can help me pick out everything! This is gonna be a place for you and me. Somewhere only for us.” 

 

Present

 

Rosie sat on the couch, deep in thought. She didn’t even realize that you had walked through the door and were now back home.

 

“Hey when’d you get back.” You were making your way from the entrance to the living room, but still hadn’t gotten an answer from her. “Rosie?”

 

She finally snapped out it, coming bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter