And SinB's Hope,

Undeniable petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SinB treaded quietly, each step echoing the weight of her thoughts as she made her way toward Eunha's dorm. The sole purpose that propelled her forward was clear in her mind — to extend an apology to her best friend. The frigid demeanor she had displayed last week had undoubtedly created fault lines in their friendship. While the shared affection for the same person had imposed its own unwanted strains, it couldn't justify SinB's distant behavior or her unjust accusations against Eunha.



Especially when Eunha had never meant to hurt her.

 

And especially since...

 

SinB knows too well...

 

The unexpected hit of falling in love.

 

Eunha never had that initial intention, and SinB knew that for a fact, granting her the motivation to continue to stride to her destination... although she can't deny, she wasn't sure what was to come when she sees her best friend. 

 

If she was to be honest, she has yet to fully absorb the revelation of Eunha harboring romantic feelings for Sojung as well, it was as if a whirlwind of emotions had stormed through her. 

 

Anger? Betrayal?

 

She didn't want to admit it, but those feelings flickered right in the depths of her heart, leaving her feeling disoriented and vulenerable... and in the end.. she had accused the older of actions and motives, she knew deep down was never ever there.

 

But can you blame her?


How would anyone respond to such a predicament?

 

The second your best friend loves the same person as you that once its as if an unspoken code has been broken.

 

The once warm and trusting friendship they once had would crumble down into a pile of doubt as everything beomes entangled into a web of complexity...

 

All because of love

 

Love for a third party.

 

Why must everything be so complicated... She dully thought to herself just as she was about to reach Eunha's door...

 

But right there.. as she was trying to choose the right words to bridge the gap between herself and the other... unexpectiviely from the distance.... she saw Sojung emerging from Eunha's room.

 

Instantly, SinB's feet came to a halt, her initial goal of coming here dissipated away into thing air as she felt her heart drop at the very sight.

 

She wasn't even sure if she wanted to know why Sojung was in Eunha's room... all she felt like doing then was running away.

 

For once she wanted to avoid it all... if only momentarily

 

Not just because she didnt want to face the chance of losing Sojung to Eunha.. but also because she really didn't feel like coughing up more bunches of flower petals like she did earlier

 

she wasn't sure if her lungs could handle anymore...

 

However, her plan couldn't be carried out very far as Sojung looked towards the younger's direction immediately.

 

"SinB?" Sojung eyes widened, she wasn't expecting to see the younger at all. "Are you here to see Eunha"


"Oh I-" What am I even meant to say? "I was, but it looks as if I don't need to anymore."

 

Her words came out like venom.

 

She hadn't meant for it to sound that way at all...

 

or maybe she did...

 

But either way, she instantly bit her tongue as soon as those words came out.

 

it's not like the barista had a single clue of what was going on for either Eunbis... so it wasn't fair to act in such a demeanor...

 

but right now... it's just really hard to keep her emotions in check...

 

She had wanted to run away for that very reason too, not wanting to be placed in a situation where she might say or act in a way she would regret...

 

Jealousy was just that powerful... a green little monster that gets bigger by the second.

 

but now with Sojung staring right at her... all SinB could think about was;

 

What in the world was Sojung doing in Eunha's room at this hour? What could they possibly have to say to each other that needed an in person visit during this time? 

 

Why did SinB feel like Sojung was slipping further and further away from her grasp?


None of this was anyone's fault... it wasn't Eunha's and it wasn't Sojung.... but still SinB felt so angry.. so defeated.. she could hardly contain it anymore.

 

"She was drinking alone in a bar and got quite drunk... I found her and brought her back to her room." Sojung responded... unable to fully compute SinB's hostile tone before her pupils dilate in a sudden panic "We didn't do anything. I just wanted to make sure she was okay and tucked her in."

 

The moment hung in the air, charged with an unusual tension. Sojung quickly shut then and looked away abruptly.. as if questioning why she felt the need to clarify when her actions have been nothing out of the ordinary.

 

...

 

"Is she okay?" SinB finally broke the silence... the initial poisonous feeling in her heart slowly subsiding as the reality of this encounter comes to light.

 

"Yeah.. she'll be just fine" Sojung looks back towards the younger and offers her a small tired smile. " She just needs to rest and keep hydrated, although she might also have a bit of a hangover tomorrow.. so maybe let her be for now"

 

"I wanted to talk to her about something, but I guess it could wait.. " She observes the obvious tired eyes of the older "You look exhausted, was drunk Eunha that bad?"

 

Chuckling lightly, Sojung shook her head. "I've taken care of worse, she's an angel in comparison... but you're right it has been a long night.. I might head back and knock out... so.. I'll catch you later?"

 

"Yeah.. sounds good"


Giving each other a small hug and waving their goodbyes, SinB found herself lingering along as she watched Sojung walk away in the other direction. Shifting her eyes towards Eunha's door one last time, she couldn't help but notice a purple petal that has swooped out just from underneath the crack between the door and the floor.

 

 

 

✽✾✿❀❁

 

 

 

The setting sunlight sets a warm golden glow onto the streets ahead as SinB made her way towards the one destination she knew a certain someone would reside.

 

Approaching the cafe, the girl didn't at all have a plan of action prepared for this encounter. It's as if her feet had a mind of it, pacing it's way towards one determined location. She just wanted to see Sojung today. At least whilst her symptoms are under control.

 

That's all there is to it.

 

Getting close and closer though, SinB's eyes were drawn to a familiar figure sitting on the bench right outside. The scene was definitely a familiar one, just like a couple of days ago, where she saw Eunha sitting right there just like this... engrossed in her own thoughts, coffee cup in hand and gazing into the distance as if lost in contemplation, although this time, she wasn't at all hiding where she was obviously settling her gaze...

 

Because it was towards the same direction SinB had wanted to walk towards.... right to their mutual interest...

 

Taking a deep breath, SinB mustered the courage to approach. As she drew nearer, she noticed Eunha's eyes flicker in recognition. The atmosphere between them crackled with the dim colours that had now painted their friendship.

 

"Eunha," SinB's voice carried a blend of uncertainty and sincerity. "Room for one more?"

 

Looking up with a mixture of surprise and something else in her eyes, she slides to one side of the bench, and extends her hand towards the empty spot, signally SinB to take her seat in which the younger obliged.

 

And from there.. all there was, was silence. 

 

It's funny really... a friendship once easily filled with casual conversations and shared laughter now held the weight of complex emotions, forcing them to naviage through uncharted territories of a situation they have thankfully never found themselves in before...

 

But alas, SinB meant everything she had thought earlier...Although she didn't like the outcome of Eunha's feelings towards Sojung, she can't fault the other for falling in love.

 

She's learnt the hard way already. It's not the person who chooses, but their heart.

 

"Coffee at this hour?" SinB speaks up first, deciding to break the building tension, making her childhood friend's head turn towards her.

 

"Hot chocolate" Eunha warily holds up her cup "exams are over, I think I'm going to stick to my roots from now on." 

 

"It's always good to stay true to what you like I guess.."

 

"yeah..."

 

"..."

 

Alright maybe her attempt of breaking the tension wasn't as successful as she would have liked.

 

Cause this is just plain awkward as hell now...

 

"Did you, um, come to visit Sojung...?" and perhaps SinB's overwhelming curiosity and possessivness of their mutual crush, also got the best of her (Which also did not help to this impending tension).

 

Almost missing the way Eunha begins to fiddle with the cup in her hands, the pinked hair woman promptly responds, "yes, but it's because she took me home last night after I got drunk... I just came in to thank her."

 

"Ah.. I see" SinB felt bad... it's not like Eunha owed her an explanation of anything she did with Sojung... but this undying squeezing in her chest would have not gone away unless she had asked...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

 

"SinB"

 

"Eunha"

 

They both said in unison.

 

"You go" Eunha said first.

 

"I wanted to apologise for my behaviour last time... I acted coldly and was dismissive... I guess I was in too deep with my own feelings then to really control myself... so... I'm very sorry"

 

"SinB.." Eunha sighs out "It's fine.. it's not like you lashed out on me... and I understand... really... I don't know if could have handled it the way you did"

 

"Still, I insinuated you didn't care... I was angry... and honestly... I was really upset... but deep down I know you do... and look... I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen... even if it does.. make things a lot harder for the both of us now" her words carried sincerity although laces of uncertainty could still be traced. "So I'm sorry for walking off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter