Uncontrollably Affected

Undeniable petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week went by...

 

The thought of confessing to Sojung had taken over SinB's mind as her newfound disease began interrupting her daily life.

 

But now, with exam week officially commencing today, the latter really could not think of a more disturbing occurrence than the root growing in her lungs.

 

Looking back and forth to make sure no one was looking at her, she swiped away the yellow petals on her practice test papers. SinB sat up to stretch out her back that had become sore from hunching over for a long period of time before letting out a deep sigh.

 

Damnit, I hope I don't start coughing during the exam.

 

Upon hearing the coughs of fellow students, she turns around to see a few of them studying similarly, donned in scarves and coats despite being indoors in their campus building.

 

Given that it was the cold and flu season, it somehow felt even chillier than usual.

 

Maybe I should start wearing a mask.

 

"Why the long face?"

 

 

Feeling a warm sensation rising to her cheek, SinB quickly looks behind her to reveal, first, a cup near her face, followed by the sweet aroma of familiar coffee. Finally, as she lifts her head, a grinning Sojung meets her gaze. A small bit of black hair can now be seen at the other's roots, but that only adds to her overall charm.


"Sojung, what are you doing here? I thought you'll be working?"

 

 

"You didn't visit me today," she responded with a small pout. "In fact, you haven't been to the cafe in over a week, so I thought I would bring the coffee to you instead." Sojung placed the coffee in front of SinB before sitting across from her. "I also took an early day to focus on my studies."


"So did you just give me your coffee then?"

 

"Nope, I was going to look for you in the dorms. Give it a try; I made it with you in mind," she affirmed before giving the younger one her signature warm smile.

 

Obliging, SinB took a small sip from her given beverage.

 

It tasted like her regular coffee, but it had a sweeter flavor this time that easily warmed up her insides, The warmth spread through her, providing a comforting contrast to the chilly atmosphere outside and making her almost forget the discomfort the root within her lungs.

 

This is good...

 

"I put a dash of cinnamon in it, I thought you'll like it" Sojung quickly added after placing down her notes onto the table.

 

"I do... you always know what I like."


"That's why I'm here"


Calm down butterflies... quit flying around so much already.

 

God if SinB thought her hanahaki disease was already more disruptive than she had initially anticipated, she knew right after this she was going to release a whole lot of petals from her arms.

 

Did Sojung always have this type of affect on her?

 

 

They eased into a comfortable silence, surrounded only by the soft shuffle and conversation of students nearby, along with the rhythmic sound of pen meeting paper as they both dedicated themselves to diligent study for their impending exams.

 

However, after a while, the biting winter air began to take its toll on SinB's hands. It started off at the finger tips, then radiating it's way throughout her hands entirely.

 

Even being indoors, the temperature was still unforgiving, she could practically feel it beginning to cramp up in reaction from the exposure, making it quite hard to concerntrate or even move her fingers for that matter.

 

"Here" Sojung voice snaps SinB eyes away from the focus on her hands. Her discomfort must've been obvious to the blonde, because next thing she knew, Sojung had grabbed her hand towards herself as she placed a something pleasantly warm onto Sinb's palm. "I brought a heatpack with me, but you look like you need this more than I do"

 

Sojung's eyebrows furrowed slightly as she felt the back of SinB's finger, noticing its at an less than ideal temperature. Before the younger of the two could even react to what's happening in front of her, Sojung began to blow warm air onto her hand, making SinB's heart stop.

 

"The heaters must be broken, we don't want you to catch a cold, it will affect your studies" She said as she continued to blow warm air.

 

"..."



SinB was stunned, partly because she couldn't even begin to comprehend that Kim freaking Sojung, her absolutely biggest crush in the world is holding her hands and blowing onto it to keep it warm, but also majorly because even in a campus full of people, she was the only one SinB could see.

 

Right now.. Sojung was absolutely breathtaking..

 

Was she always this stunning?

 

SinB swears she gets prettier every time she sees the taller.

 

I wish I could stare at her forever like this

 

 

Realizing she had remained silent long enough for the atmosphere to turn awkward, SinB finally opened to speak. However, the moment she tried, a cough escaped instead of her intended words, interrupting the quiet exchange.

 

Without a second thought, instinctively, SinB covered . She could already feel the petals in the back of , struggling to make their way out.

 

not now. Not in front of her...

 

The coughing persisted relentlessly. SinB did everything in her power to suppress the urge to expel the petals, swallowing them down as hard as she could, with each gulp causing a sharp pain in her chest. The sensation was starting to become increasingly overwhelming.

 

 

"SinB! Oh my god," Sojung exclaimed, standing up to rub the shorter girl's back as she continued to choke. "Damnit, I thought that medicine I've given you would've helped. Are you alright?" She didn't get an answer; instead, she only received several more coughs before SinB herself stood up.

 

The flowers... 

 

"I'm sor—" SinB couldn't even fully apologize in time as closed up. She could do nothing but run off to any private space she could find.

 

Her dorm? A nearby restro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter